The celebrated academic Harold Bloom is a lightning fast reader; blink and he's probably turned the page – twice...

>The celebrated academic Harold Bloom is a lightning fast reader; blink and he's probably turned the page – twice. In his prime he could churn through 1,000 pages an hour.
>theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2009/dec/14/you-can-t-speed-read-literature

Does Veeky Forums really believe this bullshit?

>Tai Lopez can churn through a book a day

Does Veeky Forums really believe this bullshit?

>1000 pages in an hour
Impossible to do with any real analysis unless the jew is a fucking supercomputer.

Yeah I belive

>tfw i like both him and DFW

I can do 600 per minute. 1000 is probably about right for someone who reads all day.

Pages, not words, brah.

Oh shit, nvm.

He doesn't waste time stretching his legs.

Now he just reads the cover.

Do they ever mention him reading what's on the page? Flipping through 1000 pages an hour is already an achievement.

That's one page every 3.6 seconds assuming he never stops to pee eat, drink or anything. That sounds unlikely.

1000 pages per hour, which is fucking ridiculous. I read 10-40 pages per hour.

Prove that Bloom couldn't have done it. The onus is on you.

He probably "read" Infinite Jest in an hour.

He couldn't possibly process the text at those speeds. I too can flip through a book quickly, probably faster than him.

Reading the text isn't important, it's the fact that you've laid your eyes on it for a second or two that counts.

>plebs in this board have not read Infinite jest with their left eye and Gravity's Rainbow with their right eye at the same time in an hour

Why do I even keep coming here

>"Yeah, Mr. Bloom, just beach yourself on those stairs, this is gonna look great"

It looks like he may have eaten 1000 pages in an hour!

what if he is a hack who never read anything and just read reviews?

>theguardian

lmao

That's basically what his army of grad students were for him when he started the Bloom's guides. His criticism, especially of Shakespeare, is shit. And his personal reputation is seemingly built on nothing.

"Yes, you look perfectly sad and world-weary. You seem quite learned and eloquent in this pose."

That explains his masterful grasp of western canon.

Bloom has always been an exaggerator

Reminds of the bullshit that Oscar WIlde could read both pages of a book at once, eyes going left to right over both pages

If he can't discern any talent he just flips through the pages and calls it good enough.

APOLOGIES FOR ALL CAPS BUT MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN

DO YOU THINK THAT BLOOM, HAVING READ SO MUCH, AND HAVING READ SO WIDELY, IS ABLE TO ALMOST IMMEDIATELY DISCERN WHETHER A PIECE OF WRITING CONTAINS MERIT?

DO YOU THINK HE COULD PICK UP A BOOK, ONE THAT HE HAS NEVER READ, READ A FEW PAGES AND BE ABLE TO ACCURATELY DETERMINE ITS QUALITY?

I'm imagining him flipping through Infinite Jest in twenty seconds like the little robot girl from "Small Wonder."

He's a Veeky Forums wonder

Got me to kek

>This a lie r-right?

It takes me 2-3 minutes per page unless it's something really simple... the fastest I would legitimately believe is maybe 30-60 seconds per page.

I can read faster then anyone, I guarantee it.

Comprehension is shit, though.

Yes.

I've seen an interview with Bloom where he's asked whether this rumor is true. He denies it, but reports that he can do about 400 pages an hour. I can't be asked to source this write now, but it should be available somewhere.

wow i wonder where he gets that energy from. probably eating mcdonalds

>stretching his legs
Nice

>heeeeyyy
>here in my back yord

tai lopez is the cringiest marketing genius ever. he's obviously so full of shit and i can't believe people are buying his product. even he must not be able to believe it

the books that he's reading are just all over the place. there's not even enough substance there to make a meme out of. that's what kills me about him. he's sub-mimetic

You can't hold down the shift key mate?

>I can't be asked to source this write now
>write

You can't be asked to source anything you incompetent fool

I have a hard time believing even the most talented people can read decently over 800wpm... Never mind 1000 pages an hour.

>yfw he read Infinite Jest in a little over an hour and said there was no discernible talent

How does he land Mark Cuban and other hyperrich oafs? I don't understand it.

Watched a video of his where he's doing a tour of his house, but it's bare and he doesn't seem to know where anything is. He goes to the front door, opens it, and a woman is standing there inexplicably. She says "sorry" and walks out of view. What the fuck?

Well, reading is a skill like any other, so it's not that unthinkable. I average at 400, and I read a few hours a day for pleasure. This fag was reading 60 years for autism.

It's a short-term rental house. h3h3 did a video on it, you can actually rent it online.

How he is able to con rich people to participate in his obvious scams is beyond me though...

since you mean wpm, instead of pages, obviously you can barely read in the first place.

see:
this is why stupid humanities cucks need more STEM in their life.