Is the secret to good writing confidence?

is the secret to good writing confidence?

If you get to cocky you'll write shit and like it

Be the most severe of critics to your own work

no, thats the secret to get pussy

I think it's being an egomaniac with low self esteem, being a crippling introvert who can really only communicate through writing, and projecting all of your problems into your work.

this
a shitload of visionary writers have been utterly broken, socially crippled people

The secret is having a bizarre sexual fetish

Joyce, Nabokov... I could go on

if you dig up some allegedly vanilla writer I'll either contest that they're 'good' or maintain that they hid their powerlevel

LOUISE BROOKS HAD THE BEST HAIRCUT OF ALL TIME

OF ALL

TIME

Go on then. Only really Pynchon is left, more if you count the Greek's, who weren't really fetishists per se.

woolf?

no, the secret is just thinking a bit more mechanically than people encourage you to. read everything you can get your hands on and mentally take note of the phrases/words you can steal/copy/payhomageto/"improve"

just be yourself

I said I could go on, not that I would

I have bizarre things to fap to, after all

im a cuck is that good

yes, it's the supreme literary fetish. Shakespeare, Joyce, Milton and Tolstoy were all cucks. You are in the presence of genius, my friend.

>Cuckold
>Bizarre

Nah

>tfw hate my fetish but can't stop getting aroused by it
is this how pedophiles feel

Get good, faggot

Probably, unless they've eaten the flesh of St. Max

>Shakespeare was a cuck

Please tell me you're memeing.

I'm a closet cuckold. I hide it from my partners but I secretly masturbate to the idea of them sucking off strangers and friends. My ideal situation is finding them some milquetoast young virgin whose world they rock while I watch. I get off on the idea of them being a piece of fuckmeat to be passed around and lent out. Utterly worthless except for their holes. My current girlfriend is in college and I fantasize about picking a guy from one of her roommates parties to take into her room and pleasure.

Am I patrician?

You would be, but I know you're just shitposting, probably due to a deprived childhood where you only got attention when you were misbehaving, leading to a desire to act like a retard because it's the only way you could get the attention that is so vital to social creatures

Here is your (you), poor thing

ive always thought that those that are extraordinary in their pursuits are at the very least decent in the beginning but lack the level of self-awareness that brings about doubt, thus believing truly that they can make it, and then sticking to it long enough that it becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy.

take the example of athletes. usually top level athletes are fucking dumb beasts but were able to be determined enough to become the best because they lacked the doubt.

This desu

>a shitload of visionary writers have been utterly broken, socially crippled people
Woo, maybe I can be a writer...

this

Who's Cocky? Some literature professor?

I had that haircut.
A Prince Valiant cut, it's called I believe.

>he doesn't know
oh dear

That's simply a description of an honest individual. It's a good insight based on good observation, but it doesn't necessarily have jack shit to do with being an artist. Honesty is simply unacceptable to 99.99999999% of people, and so honest people are tortured and punished.

There's no secret except for a shitload of practice.