Why are women so obsessed with Mr. Darcy?

Why are women so obsessed with Mr. Darcy?

rich, handsome, and elitist.

women's main sexual goal is a man who feels dangerous and powerful (cocky/abusive/rich) but also gets society's approval (so an Austen character)

it's why they love Snape in fiction but would never in a million years love anything like Snape in real life. Snape the character has society's approval whereas Snape in real life would be an off-putting alcoholic

Who the fuck is Snape?

I didn't know that women love snape. I guess he is the darcy character in that series.

Hypothetically, I'd be more interested in Arthur Weasley than Snape, any day. I don't know where you guys picked up this meme that women are attracted to assholes, but it isn't true.

haha you're pretending not to know who he is, good job!

>I don't know where you guys picked up this meme that women are attracted to assholes

literally all of real life

Mr. Knightley is superior.

Curious about perspective... No one asks the women who they are attracted to; you just deduce they are attracted to assholes because they are not attracted to you....

>women definitely know what they want, am I right guys?

I've been nice and I've been mean; mean gets me farther every time.

Which isn't to suggest that "total asshole" is a winning move, but rather that it seems safer to err on the side of being too mean than too nice.

This. I've tried both. Being mean and pushing back is a better strategy in general, because it implies that you're a higher value than her, which makes her want you to prove her own worth. Being nice means you want her, meaning you view her as a higher status, which she then carries to mean you're a lower status. Men don't care about status as much, so nice vs. mean means a lot less.

Now I'm just a full asshole because it's more fun and pussy is shallow and boring. There is NO greater joy in my mundane college life than getting girls to fall for me at parties and then literally telling them to fuck off without so much of a compliment.

And you might think that's sad, and maybe it is, but what's a man to live for in a postmodern world?

Colonel Brandon tho

To get ahead in life you have to be a bit of an asshole. It shows that you're confident and that you don't rely on the approval or support of others. The wealthiest men I know are also the most difficult to be around. They're used to getting their way, and they're used to putting others down. They don't mean to be assholes, and most of the time they're never even aware of it so I try not to hold it against them, but most women can't tell that their perfect boyfriend/husband is also the perfect cunt. It goes without saying that you women are drawn to money/status like a moth to a flame.

It's that high testosterone thing, like the dog that barks the loudest and humps the other male dogs.

Damn that Pride and Prejudice mini series is real good

Both the chick and Colin Firth were in the King's Speech too

>There is NO greater joy in my mundane college life than getting girls to fall for me at parties and then literally telling them to fuck off without so much of a compliment.

Yes this.
Reminder that women are NOTHING without sex. So nobody should hesitate to put them in their place by denying them the right to the D.

The best situation, tested on the field, to make them feel like crap is to go as far as when the girl is naked, while you are still nearly fully clothed. You throw her naked on the bed, then you look at her, the whole of her nude body, slowly scrutinizing her. Then you say that you no longer want her AND YOU LEAVE, without excuses.

A few days later, when you are in contact with her again, she will tell you that she was upset, that she thinks that there is something wrong with her body, that she is at sea over this night. Why did he not fuck me ?
You will be called a scumbag or other name., but then you will be able to do everything you want with her, but it is better not to fuck women.

Did you try being a genuinely moral person or did you try pretending to be nice because you thought it would get you laid? The fact that you were willing to change strategies suggests to me it was the latter.

Or you could be decent and form a relationship with a valuable human that builds you.

I didn't "change strategies" in that I hopped from one scheme to another; I saw that I was being taken advantage of and that my behavior was being considered a naive vulnerability, so I dialed back the genuine kindness that came and still does come most naturally to me.

I would love nothing more than to experience a simple, genuine, mutually caring romantic interaction. But in light of the fact that I was the most spurned when I was at my most genuine makes me doubt that such a relationship is possible. The kindness wasn't the mask; the meanness is. And I resent having to wear it, but any time I try to take it off I'm reminded that it, apparently, is necessary. There seems to be no quicker way to getting manipulated and hurt.

Some kind of rape fetish thing?

Do you know about this snape shit or not?

That is good to hear but by your own account they didn't prefer an asshole they were just shitty and manipulative. Bad people are a dime a dozen but if you fight the good fight you can be worthy of someone truly valuable. Don't give deeply of yourself to people who will abuse you but only if you retain your kindness will you be worthy of a mate to match.

And what women are "decent" nowadays? (Not to imply that women were ever "decent").

Show me a woman that does not wield her sexual beauty as a weapon or a bargaining chip. Show me a woman that values a man for the passion in his heart. Show me a woman who believes that restraint is among the highest of human virtues. Show me a woman whose selectiveness is not an act to be played on and off as a tool of spite.

Show me a woman who actually has a shred of respect for herself in an age of vanity, one who has proven her nobility even in freedom or independence.

I will treat that woman like a queen and carry her on my shoulders so that, in her elevation, she might breath purer air than I. She will have the key to my soul without a single thread attached, and the kindest honey from my tongue whenever I'm awake to give it. (I have only met one such girl out of thousands, and even she eventually fell.)

To any other, I will use as I wish to use (and, more troubling, as they tend to wish to be used). They will play their games until their beauty begins to fail them. Most will go unpunished, marrying the desperate and resourced, and some even continue their debauchery well past the white-veiled date of secret salvation.

I don't believe in hell, so if I can punish a whore by simply playing her game and then beating her at it, I will.

>inb4 cringey edgelord faggot
You're free to live your life as you please. I hope the way you choose makes you happy, in your ignorance or enlightenment. I happen to think that today's society has, in its excesses and deficits, produced more unhappy people than ever before. The above is simply my own way of setting things right.

fedora

He had a fortune of £10k/year in the Regency period.

The opposite, imbecile. I'm not in a delusion of 'saving' women from assholes, and my success in getting girls naked is the only reason I could have organically developed my views.

Try harder, or at least fucking try at all.

I'm sorry you've never had a positive non-sexual experience with women, but trust me, it's possible

women cannot be degraded because they do not have innate worthiness, only men create some purity in women then they whine that women do not care about this purity.

women are not sluts. It is men who love to please women and then think that women can be pure, then they discover that women love to sleep around, being entertained by plenty of men.

when a girl1 calls another girl2 a slut, girl1 only means that girl2 has more devoted men, than her and that girl1 does not like this situation. it just means that girl1 sees that about a woman, there is nothing else than some mundane life about sex. girls cannot stand it, nor men.

Please do not unironically believe this.

Its completely inexplicable.

On second thoughts maybe the patriarchy isn't so bad after all.

It's called real life you dumb cunt.

Dark, tall, handsome, mysterious, aristocrat. Yet sensitive and thoughtful...

He was thought up by a woman so here's gonna be perfect. That book was unexpectedly great though. Genuinely love that book... Don't be fooled into thinking it's for women only

>with a valuable human that builds you.
never once has a girl I've found "valuable" ever desired to build me up. They only ever seem interested so long as I'm giving attention, and when I pull back they don't step forward. Every female friendship or relationship I've had has been completely one sided. I've literally never seen a woman put forth effort in a relationship with me not once not ever. I don't really believe that any women do this unless they are extremely attracted to the man for inherent reasons; like they have to already like a man before they start caring about them.

I know a woman who hates the book. She's a real conservative/introvert type who's extremely selective with men. She admittedly hasn't been attracted to any man she's actually known in almost 5 years

I'm trying to figure out what about this book would piss her off

Jane Austen is a great author and everyone should read her

Women like Mr. Darcy because he's handsome and rich, but most importantly, he admits that he was wrong and she was right. Women fucking love that.

Girls loving Snape is a well known phenomenon.

Gives me hope, actually. being rich and elitist. So far no luck, though.

because it's 2016

>Being mean and pushing back is a better strategy in general
How do you push back if there is no one to push back?

because he is an arrogant fuck and yet he is a handsome man, well spoken, sensible, etc

girls love that

I'm a girl (male) and Darcy basically represents the ideal man. Let me explain. He is first of all successful, responsible and powerful. I don't mean just rich, I mean he is respected by his peers and has worked hard to control the manorhouse he owns. Second of all he is confident, self-assured and sincere even if this means annoying people and having some people dislike him. Straightforward guys who don't live to please people are just so attractive. He is also repressed to an extent, which means he isn't some loose cannon who lives for cheap thrills, but you know by his gaze that he has a great deal of passion stored inside him, only he knows that in order to be mature and responsible he just can't go about wasting his energy and sensitivity on just anybody. Third of all he is handsome but doesn't go out of his way to attract women. You can tell he doesn't preen himself to meet the standards he imagines women to have. I can just tell when I see Mr Darcy that he respects courting rituals a great deal if only because they maintain a civilized if cold and distant culture where relationships that do form are very meaningful and passionate. I know that after I acted innocent and fragile for him and he acted tough and callous towards me we would go on to reveal to each other our more natural sides, which may be embarrassing or pointless to do around just anybody. I would love to meet a man like Darcy and have there be this tension between us whenever we meet until one day we both burst and bond with each other, me hugging him and almost whimpering in awe and him shaking as he clutches me to him, whispering "there, there dear" in my ear before we kiss outside in heavy rain. He would then lead me by my soft warm small hand indoors and undress me and then himself, and he thrust inside me time and again almost apologetic that he has allowed this beastly side of his character to emerge but all the while refusing to tame it any longer, and I laying there below him taking each thrust in a mixture of pain and bliss, my anus moist and gaping to accommodate his penis and my own small soft feminine penis becoming somewhat engorged despite the both us pretending that it just isn't there. He's the man of my dreams, really.

Wew, I should try this one day.

>I'm a girl (male)

lolwut

test

Well meme'd my friend

That seems reasonable. The trick is that it only takes one good one hopefully for life.

I'm sorry you have been hurt. Your life will only improve when you forgive the world and try to have love for all mankind. I doubt you have real joy in what you do but you might. If you do I won't tell you what to do but I believe the world would be better without you.

Good luck with that.

Past tense of snipe. E.g. "I snaped four Taliban soldiers and won a big medal." It has the same etymological roots as the word "snap."

Well over 50% of first marriages survive if you don't think you can be better than 50% of the population then maybe women aren't the problem.

Was meant for

So you're saying women are shallow?

>this thread

Y I K E S

i wuz jus readin turgenev talkin bout snipe huntin.

>you will never be this patrician

they survive by accepting cuckoldry