it boggles my mind

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YT1vXXMsYak?t=7m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He really wasn't that smart
Just got lucky

Because it takes an intelligent man to be a christian

Newton was a retarded thinker? LOL m8.

Fucking xtians, low IQ retards, they should all die, unlike me, a superior intellect.

Because before Darwin, life was a fucking miracle.

youtu.be/YT1vXXMsYak?t=7m30s

Still is desu.

Science and understanding still hadn't filled in enough gaps for people to feel free from religious explanation

*dips theodor

fuck out of here

Claiming to be an atheist wasn't really an option in those days. He would probably be killed or at the very least lose all funding forever.

I'm not saying he WAS an Atheist but there's no real way to know since if he was he wouldn't tell anybody

And it never will, humans are superstitious (and therefore religious) by nature. no amount of evidence and gap-filling will change that

He was definitely not an atheist, he had strong opinions on Christianity.

Spoiler: Many very smart scientists were and are Christians. Outspoken atheists usually have low IQ and don't get much pussy.

>'m not saying he WAS an Atheist but there's no real way to know
this is how I knew you have no idea what you're talking about

Nobody knows what Isaac Newton thought except Isaac Newton. What he said he thought, on threat of death for saying the wrong thing, is hardly to be trusted.

The story of Pinocchio can be called just a dumb story to the ignorant, however, an intellectual person can see the beautiful and obvious truth tru out the complete thing and recognize the youth of the majority of actual boys all over the world. So is the Little Mermaid. So is the bible. It is the nature of literature.

If you really was that smart, you'd know that by now.

he wasnt an atheist, he spent more time studying religious texts than maths or physics combined.

This is a very reasonable claim to make, but it requires one huge assumption: human beings never change, and are never supplanted/subsumed by some later, distinct entities which are yet descendents of human beings in some meaningful sense.

On the contrary, it is quite easy to imagine a future state of affairs where we have genetically engineered ourselves into some post-human monsters who have absolutely no need of religious feelings.

It's easy to imagine. Whether it is feasible, or might actually come to pass, is another question. Here's hoping. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

Retarded because didn't conform to official church teachings?

this thread is stupid and there are lots of threads like this. this is a board for math and science not mathematicians and scientists that would be history and humanities please go there