Thinking about reading this whole trilogy

Thinking about reading this whole trilogy
Is it a good idea and what else should I read on top of that? (for example the hadiths, the torah etc.)

It translates poorly.

>the desert trilogy
>the desert
>desert
Is that why they keep calling that area "The Fertile Crescent?" I'm confused.

But these stories aren't primarily set in the fertile crescent...

Well, the Torah is part of the Old Testament (or Hebrew Bible or Tanakh, which refer to the same thing and are likely what the first image in OP's pic means). The Torah is usually known as the Pentateuch.

You might better be referring to the Talmud, which is literally just historical commentary on the Hebrew Bible, along with a focus on the laws in the Pentateuch.

wut

yes they are

no op, but im sort of interested in dipping my toe in the talmud. i know its incredibly long and have no interest in reading all the volumes, but do you have any good ideas for just getting a sense?

The Levant isn't the desert. The climate is similar to California coast

If I wanted to read the bible but I want to read something put together before the King James version what should I go for?

The Vulgate.

It is in the fertile crescent. Nobody in this thread said it was in the desert.

Tyndale, since he was the first English translator to interact meaningfully with the original Greek and Hebrew

If you've read the Torah/Pentateuch, the Talmud has the same style of Leviticus and Numbers, but it's like 100 books and its laws are way more fucked up.

Geneva Bible

kys atheist~

*tips hat-shaped parasite*

Allah is a Moon God. Muhammad was a Jesuit agent who got his orders from Rome

This is as stupid as that guy who pops up here every now and then who believes in the Flavian Conspiracy. The reasons for the stupidity are the same in both cases: if it was all a conspiracy, it backfired in the worst ways possible.

is it worth learning hebrew for literature or is the desert trilogy all that is offered of merit

Book of Mormon: The Jewish Holiday Special

The books of David Grossman and Amos Oz.