Like Catcher in the Rye meets Dracula...

Like Catcher in the Rye meets Dracula. Any other creepy novels you can recommend where the main character struggles with what they are doing or becoming?

Other urls found in this thread:

toomuchhorrorfiction.blogspot.com/2010/10/search-for-joseph-tully-by-william-h.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Any other creepy novels you can recommend where the main character struggles with what they are doing or becoming?

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Sounds very interesting. Vague recollections of someone talking about it when i was in college.

Young Torless made me squirm uncomfortably, and it's pretty patrician

Heart of Darkness

This. Also House of Leaves

Ya that is a good somewhat challenging read.

>Like Catcher in the Rye meets Dracula
Quite true. Creepy read, rather unnerving.

> Catcher in the Rye meets Dracula

"BITCH, I EAT PEOPLE!"

I read _The Search for Joseph Tully_ based on this write-up:

>"Creating an inescapable mood of wintry dread hanging over a soon-to-be-demolished historical apartment building in a disused part of Brooklyn, author William H. Hallahan skillfully brings together two disparate stories in a frigid climax of suggestive '70s horror. Its use of seances, hypnosis, medieval occult thought, and Catholic heresy dates it enjoyably, its genealogical-research angle is more effective than anyone would think, and Hallahan's smooth spare style gives you just enough detail to let your imagination do some work...

>"There are lots of people looking forlornly out of windows onto landscapes of frozen fields and streets and rundown cities trapped in snowy desolation, while the apartment building slowly empties out beneath swirling winds and high clouds moving out towards the black waters of the North Atlantic. Everywhere there is palpable cold and frost and snow and slush, and all the while terrors whisper across generations, mysterious terrors of vengeance and lost souls unmoored from justice and eternal rest, which only man can render unto man, no matter what."

>toomuchhorrorfiction.blogspot.com/2010/10/search-for-joseph-tully-by-william-h.html

It was a very enjoyable creepy novel that built to a satisfying climax.

Mishima's Temple of the Gold Pavilion
Kang's The Vegetarian
Banks' The Wasp Factory

>google the book
>self published a week ago

I'm sure it's shit, go shill on reddit Daniel.

I don't even recommend that one tho

I read the Wasp Factory many years back. It's a good one.

The Vegetarian is an amazing character study. Very good.

geek love

Saw you shilling this in another thread leave no one wants your bottom drawer vampire trash

This is a lit board, we discuss books.So what if he self published. The topic of the thread is not his book and some interesting titles have come out of it. Your comment "I''m sure it's shit" is literally judging a book by it's cover.

No someone shilling is someone shilling just calling it out no shit it's a lit board

I don't mind Veeky Forums plugging their work here, but... what makes you think this is something that would interest Veeky Forums? It's like you don't even browse this board.

Nope, didn't write the book. I live in Toronto and heard a radio guy talk about new books set in the city. This one sounded interesting so I read the ebook. Creepy ideas in it about not being in control of your own behavior so i posted, asking for more titles like it. Three that were mentioned are now on my reading list, thanks. Someone else that I'm sure didn't read it called it bottom drawer vampire trash...whatever that means. It's not, it's a quick read but decent enough.

>let me defend this novel I totally didn't write

Let me criticize this novel I totally didn't read.
I suppose no one on this board would ever defend a book they didn't actually write?

Is there anywhere I can find this book to download? looks interesting but not sure if its worth the 7 dollars

oh wow are you vampire for real

To those that recommend other books, thanks. Some of them look very interesting. To the kids trolling, have fun judging your covers.

>looks interesting but not sure if its worth the 7 dollars
If you like intelligent horror you can do worse. If you like books like the Twilight series take a pass.

daniel pls go

A few sad bitter people here.If you want OP to go somewhere why do you keep the thread alive.

Flowers for Algernon and Dying inside.
Suprised no one has mentioned these yet.