180 pages in, holy fuck this book is boring

180 pages in, holy fuck this book is boring.

ive said this before: russian lit simply isnt for all of us. certainly, if youre a desensitized generation y'er (such as myself) their not well-suited, mainly because the pathos of the protagonists seems too extravagant to us.

Try reading all of it before starting a fucking shit thread about your premature ejaculation of an opinion

Is this your first Russian book or what? They take 200 pages just to get going. A lot of people like the idiot better than the Karamazov brothers

You really should finish it. It has some amazing moments.

Yeah, I think Gogol is the only good Russian author. Sometimes Tolstoy, depending on the book. I still plan on reading Brothers Karamazov though, so depending on how good that is maybe that will change my opinion of Dosto.

Don't feel bad. No one liked it when it came out.

Also, Gogol is ukranian

>Ukrainian

Kek

>Ukraine
No such thing

Did you not like the execution part? Myshkin is just wonderful. Also Aglaya is top qt.

hi /int/

Read the book or abandon it, but stop making this kind of stupid threads!

>this kind

You ESL anons are destroying this board one post at a time.

I haven't read The Idiot yet. I have read Brothers Karamazov and Crime and Punishment though, and I thought the latter was the better of the two.

It was all a ruse, turns out the whole time The Idiot was (You)

KEK

This is one of my favorite books. If you don't like it high probability you're a pleb :)

It really is shit

Read Bulgakov.

read notes from the underground, it's nice and short

I am also 180 pages into Idiot, but I am enjoying it. it is a v Shakespearean experience. you must be my evil pleb doppleganger.

you dont like the people think he's stupid because he's nice bit??

I got bad news then

lol I'm 180 pages into The Idiot too.
it's okay.

What's wrong with "this kind"?

Not that user but it shouls be "these kinds"

you're a fucking idiot

>tfw no 19tb century friendship-bromance with Lyov Myshkin

why live?

>8794881
Thanks for the reply! I will try and continue reading it. I will post an update maybe next week.

The first 100-200 pages of any Dostoyevsky book is made up entirely of exposition and introducing characters. Keep reading Faggot.

Also
Brothers Karamazov > Crime and Punishment = The Idiot > The Gambler > Notes from Underground > House of the Dead >>> Demons > The Double

Fite me

Yeah, keep at it! It's by far his funniest of his four major novels though for humor maybe The Nasty Story will have you rolling in tears on the floor.

To my thinking The Brothers is the most complex narrative of the four because it offers a multi-dimensional view on the storyline rather than the more focused POV of the others

>Demons that low

Best part is ipploit's monologue, took me by surprise.

seem like...you were the idiot all along...wow...

Of course Satan would try to shame OP.