Hey Veeky Forums i never come here...

Hey Veeky Forums i never come here. Though there has been a question on my mind for a while and i figure you guys would be the best at answering it.

There has been a semi-recent trend of people talking about "electronic harassment" and "targeted individuals". Most would regard them as schizophrenics (as they logically should i suppose). Even if the electronic harassment of normal citizens were to happen, the vast majority of people claiming they are victims to it are actually suffering from schizophrenia.

One type of harassment that is discussed is called "Remote Neural Monitoring". It is basically technology that allows somebody to 'decode' your thoughts from afar and make them out as words in some way or another.

I am wondering if this is even remotely feasible. I could care less if it is happening or not but i would like to know if this is theoretically possible in the future.

There are many studies showing this is possible with electrodes, but i'm wondering if some day we will be able to do it remotely. I tried searching for any study pertaining to this but really couldn't find much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/voTjFEZbDew
youtu.be/-n9HRE13yiE
gallantlab.org/index.php/publications/nishimoto-et-al-2011/
youtu.be/Dty0fi0p7xA
youtu.be/FLb9EIiSyG8
youtu.be/SXNnqge5hM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, too much background noise. Your brain produces less EM radiation than just about any electronic device, and of course the signal would die down like 1/r^2. It would be like trying to pick up a radio station from across the country.

>what is a Fourier series.

yea i suppose its possible in the long run, if you find a nice deeplearning algorithm and manage to get allot of training data.

I'm also referring to a moving target as well, not a specific spot you would be at during the day. A lot of people believe in this shit.

That is the part where i draw a blank, unless everyone has a unique brain signature or something.

>I can't care less if it (RNM) is happening right now or not
>I care if it's possible in the future

Yeah i regretted typing that upon rereading my post.

Also bump.

Even if you could capture images of someone's brain activity at a distance, I don't see how "they" could possibly decode your thoughts from that.

It's some really nasty stuff. Gang-stalking, gaslighting etc. Psychological harassment.

youtu.be/voTjFEZbDew

youtu.be/-n9HRE13yiE

It has been done many times. This article is extremely interesting, it outlines where we are as far as "decoding" thoughts and what is required to do so.
>>gallantlab.org/index.php/publications/nishimoto-et-al-2011/
If you look around there are more specific articles on detecting words, images and even dreams (look into oneirography)

The only thing preventing this from becoming a reality is the whole remote aspect of it. Any studies done similar to this require electrodes to be placed on the head to my knowledge. Some even used electrons placed directly on the cranium during brain surgery.

You are overthinking this.

Why would they need to decode your toughts if they have access to your web surfing, it's plenty obvious what it's going on your mind by what you see.

I thought about this as well. Unless the target was unstable or really dangerous there should be no point in using state of the art technology to do so right?

Just wanted to know if it is theoretically possible. If a remote fMRI (or something similar) isn't even theoretically possible then nobody has anything to worry about.

Bumping. If anyone can find proof of this or disprove this it will put my mind at ease, and possibly the minds of many others.

What the fuck?

>fMRI
That's not even slightly remote.

A complex-systems analyst, former research fellow at Oxford, obviously highly educated, is a targeted individual speaking out.

youtu.be/Dty0fi0p7xA

Directed Energy Weapons are already in wide use.

What strikes me OP, is that you claim these people are schizophrenic. That to me signals you're a pig.

>implying highly educated people can't be schizophrenic

Are you listening or are you just being a fucking pig wanker's excuse for a troll??

>choosing the dumb-as-fuck way to act.

Man if i went out saying the shit was real or i believed in it what kind of reaction would that yield?

I know it isn't remote at all. If something like that were possible it wouldn't even be called an fMRI. I said this earlier.
>Just wanted to know if it is theoretically possible. If a remote fMRI (or something similar) isn't even theoretically possible then nobody has anything to worry about

No. Go back to sleep.

youtu.be/FLb9EIiSyG8

"Make it for me in the wire and I shall make it for you in the air. (wireless.)"

Nicola Tesla

This is not real...
This is not....
No.
No NO NO NO NO NO

>in the wire

So we're talking telepathy?

A bug... maybe nanobots - sounds plausible and an easy workaround. Come to think of it - could have already been done.

Wh-who or what is that? Y-you are scaring me user D:

Absolutely not. I'm studying biomedical engineering and one of my projects is reading brain activity with combined EEG/fMRI readings.
That means people sitting in a huge magnet with dozens of electrodes on their heads. Even like that, all we can really say, is PROBABLY, at this and this moment, this and this region was active.
"Reading thoughts" is completely impossible with today's science, and the idea that you could do it remotely is laughable.

>Secret organizations are stalking me in an attempt to deceive and confuse me so they can mentally control me by causing me to doubt my own sanity
>they do this by hiring loads of people to use maps near me in a crowded city
Really activates those almonds

>And when they got me good and crazy they can lock me up in a psych ward so that they can chemically lobotomize me to avoid future power struggles.

TOP FUCKING KEK WHAT A PARANOID FUCK

>Or worse, driven crazy, mentally broken and then reconditioned for reuse like a pawn on an everlasting checkered pattern board.

Praise Kek Invictus

This is for Eris.

Discordia reigns supreme.
Freedom of the human soul.

Remember. Who you are.

She is Lain of course.

youtu.be/SXNnqge5hM4

What? This is just a textbook case of paranoid delusion.

Oh. I'm so happy that you told me because I'm a fucking retard that doesn't know his arse form his elbow. Thanks fellow human.