Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think...

>Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.

Would Dostoevsky have been a fedora-tipping redditor in our time?

He was a devout theist, so no.

why aren't there any really deep people like dostoevsky today

Are theists immune to their own equivalent of a fedora tipper?

>Would Dostoevsky have been a fedora-tipping redditor in our time?

He was a devout Christian who despised Atheism and nihilism, so no. Have you even read any of his books, almost every single one of them is about how shitty atheism and nihilism is.

He was the first contrarian fedora Christian. Like the edgy losers you see on this site pretending to believe in God since Atheism is what the regular kids are doing

I guess the equivalent would be a born again bible basher? It would be a stretch to call Dosto this.

No the equivalent is any "I'm 16 and my humour is superior" attitude to beliefs

>Are theists immune to their own equivalent of a fedora tipper?

What are reactionary Catholics

I feel like comparing him to an edgey theist teen on here is terribly wrong.

The guy spent 10 years of his life exiled, and about 5 years in a serbian work prison. Through all of the suffering he went through he found that his faith had always been with him.

I wouldn't say anybody on this board has suffered anything at all. Edgy people are the ones that have never truly suffered, but act like their life is a burden only to falsely demonstrate how strong willed they are by living on for the purpose of "logic" and "reason"

>The guy spent 10 years of his life exiled, and about 5 years in a serbian work prison. Through all of the suffering he went through he found that his faith had always been with him.

Right so you're saying he was a bit mentally ill from trauma

You would call him any name in the book.
Fedora tippers are devout theist, user. They post their pics to mock atheists for bad fashion sense.
Capitalism

I'm not a memelord. Examples of this?

Nice straw man

At least three of us have been in mental hospitals at least once. I think that goes beyond mere "woe is me I'm depressed" type mental disturbance. Look at Sebastian, he became some sort of savant as a result of his brain problems and can now read at five times the normal rate :^)

I don't know of any fedora-tipping redditors who've experienced anything like incarceration in a Siberian prison camp.

It's kind of a joke.

Theists are mentally challenged. (Most often self challenged)

I have, it was no picnic

>Deep
>Dostoyevski
He's very basic entry level lit at best. There aren't any deep people out there anymore because people think Dostoyevski is deep.

>Agamben

They shoot pictures

you have a handful of characters--the hipster, the sjw, the fedora, etc--and you spend time thinking about whether actual people (or counterfactual versions of actual people) fit them
why do you do this?