Psychopathy

Almost all the info around on this topic is openly hostile and all articles is "how to identify and get rid of Psychopaths".

Is there anything at all FOR psychopaths?
How are they supposed to deal and get through the life? What are the ways and tactics of productively dealing with society other than exploiting everyone until they figure out and tell you to fuck off?
Is there a possible way to maintain productive long term relationships with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSp8IyaKCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=0qyCR9tPDgM
nrc-iol.org/cores/ccnlab/publications/levenson_etal.pdf
google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.translibri.com/pdf/Without_Conscience_Sample.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjepPiV8YrTAhVkxYMKHTN3BlAQFggiMAE&usg=AFQjCNE1Q31pAvnQYV8UN_VebZ8av55uLw&sig2=3OtVTdwUV1xNrctI35RkCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is there anything at all FOR psychopaths?
no because they're usually criminals and assholes

>How are they supposed to deal and get through the life?
Learn emotions.

What are the ways and tactics of productively dealing with society other than exploiting everyone until they figure out and tell you to fuck off?
Society is shit deserves nothing other than exploitation. What do you mean by productive?

>Is there a possible way to maintain productive long term relationships with people?
Learn emotions and take a liking to people. Find people that are so complex that you take multiple decades to figure them out. This will result in you keeping them around longer

The fact that "psychopaths" have almost no activity in their PFC or temporal lobes make a good argument for morality, what "psychopaths" are famous for lacking, simply being foresight with cost/benefit analysis. The more intelligent you are the more consequences of an action you can perceive the more efficient you are at choosing paths which avoid the most painful consequences. Psychopaths can't do this thus they always choose inefficient paths and suffer the worst consequences.

>how to identify and get rid of Psychopaths
>Suddenly 90% of doctors are gone.

Hmmmm.

survival of the fittest will take its course

There aren't really any "therapy" styles to help with Anti-Social Personality Disorder. Mostly because "Psychopaths" don't usually see their mental state as a hindrance. As well when they are forced to take part in therapy they just adapt and play the role of what their therapist thinks is correct behavior; they're very well known for the ability to blend in and adapt.

Most of the posts in this thread are so fkin cringe holy shit. Little fkin cringe lords, you clearly don't know shit lol.
>Psychopaths can't do this thus they always choose inefficient paths and suffer the worst consequences.
They're know for the exact opposite of this lol. Choosing path for their efficiency regardless of moral boundaries. jesus christ u guys are new

I've read about 5 books on the subject after dealing with one in the family, there might even be another one, abusive families, genetics whatever. There is one I found, called The Wisdom of Psychopaths. I read that last I think and author had a father psychopath so maybe some denial of the damage they actually cause but they made some good points.

I think the world is turning out more psychopaths than ever for a lot of reasons, overpopulation and breakdown of the hunter gatherer tribal thing probably being the biggest. If your tribe is 100 people or whatever they are detected and maybe dealt with quickly, no chance of that today, they are also very charismatic and often very social when they have to be. The latest term anti-social personality disorder is just a misnomer, like everything modern they bury shit with more and more words, like "post traumatic stress disorder". You might deal with some of that if you have a long term relationship with a psychopath. It's almost an advantage to be one today which bodes badly for the future me thinks.

> The latest term anti-social personality disorder is just a misnomer, like everything modern they bury shit with more and more words, like "post traumatic stress disorder".

Stop. The terms are fine, and stop with this bullshit about the modern world. Are you trying to imply that ptsd isn't real?

High level business and politics

Psychopaths aren't people so why does it matter?

Psychopathy is treated as a pathology because, like any pathology, it is something which is judged harmful. There is no sympathy to be had towards manipulative and evil people, be it caused by a neurological condition or not. Psychopathy, like cancer, is a disease we must expunge from mankind.

>know psychopath
>find posts of it it didn't tell me about
>talks about how it cannot not manipulate people but people it cares about are a little different since there's a benifit for their wellbeing as they in turn are appreciated by the psychopath

There ARE psychopaths who live reasonably normal, crime-free lives. They often take up pursuits such as dentistry, or being doctors, and it's suggested that they use their lack of emotional range to their advantage in these jobs.

i've never really understood why psychopaths are assumed to be aggressive or violent or whatever.

if you dont have morals wouldn't you just do whatever made you feel best? then if people are getting in your way you might lash out or you could just figure a better way to hide it

Medicine and dentistry are full of scams. Coincidence?

Pretty much all major organisations and companies are full of scams and deception. No particular reason to blame the psychopaths, that's just a problem with society in general.

They are literally the one kind of people that shouldn't be helped at all. As they can't be emphatic, they can do anything to get what they want and that cannot be changed. The world is a lot better for non-ASPD people if psychopaths didn't exist. They are about as close as we can get from pure evil (they aren't purely evil because they don't do evil all the time, but there is literally nothing that can stop them from doing so).

>Implying emotions are the only thing that stops 'evil'
There are plenty of people with ASPD who have contributed positively to society, and helped far more people than thry have upset. Also, comparing people with a personality disorder to 'pure evil' is pretty close-minded, is it not?

Murdering psychopaths are not the only kind of psychopaths.

But for the sake of the argument less assume they are, even then they are capable of great things, but the cost as society it's just to high.

>The more intelligent you are the more consequences of an action you can perceive the more efficient you are at choosing paths which avoid the most painful consequences.

Lol. You're an idiot

>There are plenty of people with ASPD who have contributed positively to society, and helped far more people than thry have upset
Name one important person that had ASPD and didn't influence society by being an efficient, yet highly manipulative leader.

Here you go...have a laugh
youtube.com/watch?v=hSp8IyaKCs0

I didn't laughed that was depressing as hell.

James Fallon, a neuroscientist.

>>Psychopaths can't do this thus they always choose inefficient paths and suffer the worst consequences.
>They're know for the exact opposite of this lol. Choosing path for their efficiency regardless of moral boundaries. jesus christ u guys are new
You should read , almost all case studies in that book agree with what that user said.

Perfect target for eugenics along with the rest defects.
>inb4 muh humain

>psychopathy is genetic

source?

They may be Empathetic; as long as they have that, they're fixable.

>Almost all the info around on this topic is openly hostile and all articles is "how to identify and get rid of Psychopaths".
And rightly so.

A bullet in the head? No seriously, you can´t fix them, their brains are partly destroyed, similar to Autism. Both are literally not human.

>How are they supposed to deal and get through the life? What are the ways and tactics of productively dealing with society other than exploiting everyone until they figure out and tell you to fuck off?
What do I care? They´re genetic waste. There are some (!) high-functioning psychopaths (i.e., narcisstic-asocial DP-havers) that found a way, but I guess they just had luck.

>Is there a possible way to maintain productive long term relationships with people?
No. They literally, and I repeat LITERALLY, unable to maintain genuine relationships.

Fuck those parasites. They are a waste of biomaterial.

Is this guy Anti-Social Personality Disorder or is it something else?
youtube.com/watch?v=0qyCR9tPDgM

Unironically this. But it's usually the leftists that are like this, no offense. A lot of right-wing people just have hysteria or just plain fucking retarded. There really is no center so I'm just going with the leftists who want to turn this place into a communist shithole so I can get free health care for my Autism. Libruls are not leftists just special snowflakes with daddy issues. Business people are usually Narcissistic though, like Drumpf.

>no because they're usually criminals and assholes

Doesn't stop funding for inner city """youths"""

>their brains are partly destroyed, similar to Autism
Autism is just what happens when there isn't enough pruning the brain growth during very early childhood, there is nothing that is "partly destroyed". I guess you could say that about Schizophrenia because they have less grey matter yet even Schizophrenics and Bipolar people have more dopaminergic receptors which is what causes there illness and other things.

Also, there hasn't been a single example of someone with ASPD in this thread. Very disappointing, especially with all the misdiagnosis going on nowadays.

Psychopaths are the cold, calculating purely rational god king caste of humanity.

"Psychopath" accusation is modern day witchhunting, as in it doesn't really exist and any symptoms are misinterpreted.

>Also, there hasn't been a single example of someone with ASPD in this thread
Are you le fucking kidding me? You *do* know that very few psychopaths actually realize that they have aspd, right? Like, because they´re narcissists and if you have that you can´t accept being sick. Some, I repeat, some aspd-guys can realize it, but most of them just have a vague idea that their behaviour is odd but don´t give a shit about it. Source: I actually read a whole book with interviews with low-level psychopaths. Most of them think that we are sheeple for not doing what we want and that they are like the greatest and best and whatever.

Sorry to break it to you, but ASPD isn´t like said, some Übermensch genetic trait. It´s something very dysfunctional and unsuccesful.

What book?

>Source: I actually read a whole book with interviews with low-level psychopaths.
>read book on low functioning psychopaths
>hurr it's awkshully really debilitating and bad
Maybe you should read a different book.

I read it in german, some years ago, maybe 2013. Was on Spiegel bestseller list, I can´t remember the name.

Oh enlighten me then, Mr. 13yo edgelord, how is having little to no impulse control, no empathy, no ability to read emotions, no genuine moral system and (what´s the most important) little to no self reflection (being narcisstic does that to you) beneficial?
Yes, I admit, there are some psychopaths that can function on a very low basis, bcs they had a decent upbringing and enough brains to reflect on themselves. The guys you see in movies, the CEOs and whatnot, they are like that, but these are not common psychopaths. 99% of them are low-tier criminals or simple losers, since they can´t hold neither job nor relationships.
If you don´t believe me, look it up. There are studies about the demographics of people with aspd.
Being a psychopath isn´t "cool" or "helpful", it´s a disability, like Autism or ADHD. It can, CAN, have some advantages, but it´s very unlikely to surpass a normal person as someone with aspd.

But hey, I was an edgy chuuni, too. You´ll see what I mean, in a few years.

>genuine moral system
>beneficial

>no ability to read emotions
Pretty sure they can do that.
>There are studies about the demographics of people with aspd
Aren't most of the studies done on criminal populations and similar?

Sigh...

Okay, let me explain: Nobody says you have to be a moral faggot all the time, being calculating and backstabbing is good and fine.
But: Society works on trust. Things like raping a child, stabbing people in the face on the street, and so on, that´s a big goodbye to your social benefits.
Morals exist for a reason. You want something from people? Then act like someone who is trustable.
And most psychopaths are, contrary to Hollywood, not very good in acting trustable.

>Pretty sure they can do that.
With literal years of active training, they can simulate it, similar to autists. But genuinely, no.

>Aren't most of the studies done on criminal populations and similar?
Yes. Psychopaths make up 80% of the lower crime sector (theft, rape, arson, stuff like that). And there´s a reason for that.

People on the top strata of society tend toward psychopathy, this doesn't imply that ALL psychopaths are rich and successful, I am not being edgey or glorifying them I'm simply stating established facts. Psychopaths are either generally very stupid or very smart, the implication that you made that psychopathy is especially debilitating pathology isn't very accurate and basing your point of view on a book that singled out the low functioning ones does not paint an accurate picture of the pathology as a whole.

psychopathes dont have emotions a because their frontal lobes are very small or inactive. this particular part is distinctive feature of humanity from other animals. it allows a person feel sympathy, own emotions, concentration , will,fear everything.
so what is the purpose of this post.

you can do nothing to them or should do anything. they just live in their ways.

but some psychopathes dont even they are psychopathes or notice their lack of emotions. they just live.

and you just live your life.

>With literal years of active training, they can simulate it, similar to autists. But genuinely, no.
Source? I was under the impression that they don't really lack cognitive empathy when compared to normal person with similar intelligence.
>Yes. Psychopaths make up 80% of the lower crime sector (theft, rape, arson, stuff like that)
That doesn't support your claim that most psychopaths are low IQ criminals and dead beats. If almost all the studies are of criminal populations that doesn't mean they don't exist in general population, here's a study of university students:
nrc-iol.org/cores/ccnlab/publications/levenson_etal.pdf

Nice spooks kid.

What is the difference between psychopaths and sociopaths? Aren't these categories still so poorly understood that psychologists are gradually beginning to distance themselves from it as a concept? As far as I understand it hasn't been used as a diagnosis in a very long time.

It's just semantics, historically the distinguishing thing was etiology of disorder.
Psychopaths were more nature while sociopaths were more nurture.
There's also splitting of psychopathy into type 1 & 2 where 1 is more cold affect and callous while 2 is more reckless and low inhibition, I believe some people used psychopathy and sociopathy to somewhat distinguish between 1 & 2 as well. Now I think sociopathy isn't used as much, psychopathy is still used in papers at least and Hare keeps using it. In terms of diagnosis the closest thing would be ASPD in DSM, I forget what it's called in ICD.

>while sociopaths were more nurture
So psychopaths can be "made"? That doesn't seem right. Has there been any gene research on this at all?

Could be genetic + upbringing like the warrior gene stuff.

I have been diagnosed to have anti-social personality disorder. When I was 15 I first noticed that I am different from the others. Then I talked to my to psychologist about it, that I had to see twice a month because they think that I was traumatized because of my father. The psychologist wanted me to do all sort of personality tests and all that stuff, she found out that I rank quite high on the psychopath checklist.
So basically I started out as self-aware psychopath.

I want to make clear that I am any kind of homicidal maniac or anything like that, I do not get kicks form stuff like that. I do admit that I manipulate people a lot. Sometimes I do it for my own benefit, sometimes it is just to see if I can do it, and sometimes I do it because I am bored out of my freaking mind. It is usually just small stuff like to get some to buy me a drink or give me a cigarette, but sometimes I make couples to break up (sometimes I feel, I guess, pity towards them). I know that some of the things I do are wrong from certain perspectives but for me they are neutral. I do not enjoy breaking the law, I never steal, I rarely even cross red light even if there are cars nowhere to be seen.

My IQ is 153 so I am far from stupid. I guess I would be classified as intelligent psychopath. So psychopaths are no more stupid than "normal" non-psychopathic people.

I do justify the existence of psychopaths by simply saying: as long as men have walked on this earth, at least as long have psychopaths been among them. There is no saying which one is the true natural state of being.

I do apologize for my possible grammatical mistakes, I am not a native speaker of this language.

Why not just follow some basic rules like no cussing, shower every day, don't torture animals while masturbating furiously and so forth. You can do whatever you want, you can perform shady deals and make it big on the stock market, just don't cross any big lines.

Gr8 b8 m8. The way a lot of them end up treating themselves is to find an outlet through career or hobbies, as success in these things is often independent of other people.

This gave me an interesting thought.

>only person that can ever experience ones emotions is the person themselves
>therefore how would someone who has never felt emotion be able to tell that they didnt?

I guess you could say "they see the reactions of others and compare it to their own" but lets be honest, other people are very bad examples to measure against.

perfectly normal people that feel empathy and emotion do irrational things such as:
>become angry/sad at inappropriate times
>berate one another over meaningless things
>eat until they're 400lbs
>do strange things in the bedroom
>have violent thoughts (inb4 edgy, intrusive thoughts are normal)

Imo psychopathy doesnt refer to a defective brain, just one that operates differently. People diagnosed with it (that cannot handle it themselves) should be rehabilitated, not shunned. Many of the classic psychopaths that were violent had fucked up lives beyond their various diagnoses.

>psychopaths don't have emotions
Yeah they do. They just don't have social emotions relating to empathy. They usually have motivations for exploiting people, which requires emotions and desires. They are just extremely selfish emotions and desires.

Maybe but psychos are wild animals that pretend they are human, for the psycho being a puppet to his savage instincts is the best in life whether its greed, horniness or sadism. If psychos had no greed or sadism they would make the best leaders.

spotted the psycho

>little to no impulse control
>no empathy
>no ability to read emotions
>no genuine moral system
>little to no self reflection
Sounds like Bipolar disorder or the Schizophrenia spectrum, except they have A LOT of self reflection, which actually harms them. Lol get this pseudoscience out of here.
>having actual morals in 2017
Autism

Because psychos are not rational they are irrational drones to their reptillian impulses, psychos believe they are Gods which is mass delusion and not rational at all. They truely believe they should be able to do anything they want complete criminal pieces of shit.

I must disagree, in my opinion psychopaths are extremely rational. Psychopaths do not get distracted by emotions.

>except they have A LOT of self reflection
Do you mean psychos or schizo/bipolars?

schizo/bipolars of course.

Psychos get distracted by emotions all the time its the whole reason they are cancer to mankind. A psycho is basically like a woman a complete slave to their animal instincts with little empathy for others.

Here is a pdf link to the best source I've found on psychopaths and skciopaths. They are literally predatory humans that lack a conscience. They actually thrive in our society and most end up in high places bc they have no qualms about making ruthless business decisions that give them cash but screw over huge amounts of people.

google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.translibri.com/pdf/Without_Conscience_Sample.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjepPiV8YrTAhVkxYMKHTN3BlAQFggiMAE&usg=AFQjCNE1Q31pAvnQYV8UN_VebZ8av55uLw&sig2=3OtVTdwUV1xNrctI35RkCA

This. Intelligence can be described as self-control over your base instincts

Reddit objectivist detected

Psychos are not smart they are ruthless, only a human that lacks a conscience would spend months planning on how to kill someone without getting caught where as a normal person would get bored making the plan after a couple of minutes and move on. To the psycho once they get sadistic they have to live it out which is ironic because psychos are said to have weak emotions yet show higher levels of bloodlust than normal functioning people disproving the psycho are not emotional nonsense. These humans literally cannot fathom not using violence when they get angry they are nothing but wild animals who try to fool us into thinking they are human.

>i've never really understood why psychopaths are assumed to be aggressive or violent or whatever.
They are bored to tears with their existence.
With lack of emotional depth there's lack of emotional gratification, they grow sick of anything and everyone in no time. Friends get boring, hobbies/entertainments get boring, gotta get some thrills, just anything to make the brain feel ok.

A need for stimulation is emotional behavior user, notice lizards dont kill stuff for fun and they basically have similar minds to psychopaths.

>dentists are psychopaths
I fucking knew it.

Shut up psychopath.

kys

There is a huge range of variability in the manifestation of psychopathic traits. Many have poor impulse control, general callousness/putting themselves before others without qualm. One thing that is really interesting is that one constant they seem to have is the boredom caused by lack of emotional depth. They grow bored easily and crave constant stimulation. So it's rare that they actually finish a project/research they've started. They are able to appear knowledgeable quite easily and this helps them with cons or other crap, but when faced with an expert their surface level knowledge is exposed. It isn't always violent but whether violent or white collar crime, they still have a tendency to screw others bc of that poor impulse control, lack of empathy and inability to remain on task for extended periods of time. Boredom drives them to do dumb shit. Sometimes it pays off, normally it doesn't. They tend to ruin the lives of whoever they come into contact with though. They're like philosophical zombies. Any emotions they express are a shallow imitation that's skin deep. It's just all an act. Nothing they do or say can be trusted. Sociopaths can be fixed bc the defect isn't hardwired into their brain but depending on the events that drove them to sociopathy, the ease with which this is accomplished varies wildly. I strongly urge any interested to check out the book I linked. It's called without conscience. If you google it 2nd or 3rd link from the top should be a pdf to the full thing.

>As well when they are forced to take part in therapy they just adapt and play the role of what their therapist thinks is correct behavior;
Doesn't everyone just do this? For example, if your parents make you go to the therapist over something and you don't want to be flagged with a mental illness for life, is it really a sign of psychopathy to just say and do all the right things? I did this as a teenager.

>but the cost as society it's just to high
And yet when the same argument is made for retards, niggers or """trans""" faggots, you all recoil. Still, whichever modern nation actually embraces eugenics will likely go on to dominate because it's just too massive an advantage.

Sometimes I'll post on Veeky Forums, but I mostly go on here for entertainment. I like /g/, and Veeky Forums because sometimes they'll have interesting topics related to my studies. I like /b/ because usually there's very attractive women posted, but sometimes there's not, and I'll get a little pissed. And sometimes I even visit /r9k/ just to laugh at the posters, the /+25/ threads are usually the funniest. I do believe that board truly encompasses the lowest tiers of society.

As for emotions, some do exist, primarily these are greed, lust, disgust and even a little envy and anger. Mostly its just greed and lust though.

I spend most of my time in my rented house, in my room, with the exception of going to class. Usually before going, I'll have to determine who I'm going to see in that specific class, and adjust my personality based on what I'll look to get out of those people.

In my room I'll mostly study class material, work on class material, learn some topics not related to my studies, and sometimes listen to good music very loudly.

I don't really know what I am, sure there's some hints, but I wouldn't have it any other way ‿

The modern world is bullshit user. Youll see it eventually

How's your impulse control?

Any ''insight'' you could relate here?

I have the capacity to gain an accurate understanding of a person or an event. Sometimes I don't get that understanding right in regards to other people, but towards myself, I'd say my insight is correct.

My impulse control can vary. In a social situation I wouldn't act out, because I need to preserve certain social appearances. However, the less I know someone/the less someone knows me, there wouldn't be anything inhibiting me from taking part in an impulse. So I'd say these impulses are regulated according to the situation. (。‿‿。)

Fake

Just go and work in finance. . .?

Whatever you say muchacho ~(˘▾˘~)

This. You guys should be wary of personal anecdotes posted on these boards. Some anons love to RP.

"moral system" is society's indoctrination on the individual.

lol does this anons role playing bs story actually sound like a psycho?

Why do you keep making this thread? How many years will you continue to make this same thread?

here's a fun fact! If you would have taken the test as a kid you'd be flagged as a ASPD, shizoid type sociopath or a psychopath. By abusing the paranoia and lying to your parents you took the psychopath path, so in the end it works both ways. You cannot beat the universe.

It does actually. But you can't make a diagnosis from it.

Google James Fallon.

Even the smartest ones aren't that calculating. They all tend to give in to anger and other destructive impulses sooner or later, and as opposed to normal people, they don't have any morals keep them from acting on these urges.

A lot of the serial killers we hear about have been raped on early childhood. They could have always had the genes for psychopathy and they were activated by the abuse they suffered, but I think that's only in a few cases. I guess if you abuse any normal person on an early age they are either gonna become really insecure or a huge psychopath.

Lot of psychopaths on the internet. What's going on?

whys that you goob

>reddit posting
Yeah that's just autism kid.

The kid + period really seals the deal here

On what?

roleplaying

He could be role-playing for starters. What he posted fits the pattern of several mental illnesses and personality schemes that could point to psychopathy. Actual testing would be required to provide a diagnosis. You fukin' goobah.