Well Veeky Forums?

well Veeky Forums?

what even

old shoop, sage and move on
don't give this fag the (You)s

Both answers equally correct? That's why in 15 years there will be people on the Internet posting 0.99... /= 1. The default rule is: from left to right. 1 would be 20 / (5 (2*2) ) = 1

I'm getting 1. Am I retarded?

In these situations the only retarded person is the one who wrote this with this cancerous notation.

Pretty much this. People seem to freak the fuck out when a division operator is written this way because of its supposed "ambiguity".

Or people are just stupid and don't realize that multiplication and division hold equal priority in PEMDAS

> mfw stupid teachers can't teach shit and stupid kids become stupid adults

>tfw don't know if it means 20 divided by the entire right side or 20 divided by 5 times 4
A-a-am I a brainlet?

>1=16
hmmm...

20 / 5 (2 * 2)
20 / 5 * 4
4 * 4

BODMAS. Brackets first, then division and multiplication have the same priority so you work it out left to right.

>BODMAS
african version of PEMDAS?

Do you multiply what is in the parenthesis by 4 first, or do you divide 20 by 5? That is the question. I feel if they wanted to divide the entirety of the right by 20 (making it 1), they would put parenthesis around the whole thing, like 20/(5(2*2)), but that is not the case. I think this is a stupid debate, and I don't even know why I'm responding to this. But gaddam school sometimes, the things they focus on can be completely ridiculous.

No Mexican

Señor amigo, Bod Más por favor!

just re-write like this

r these people dumb?

>old shoop
Out of pure curiosity, what makes you think it's edited?

Not that guy but it's super obvious. You are a retard if you can't see it. This thread is full of retards. Literally kill yourselves, all of you.

Strictly speaking evaluation should be done LEFT to RIGHT when following the order of operations.
This is how most calculators do it as well as computer programming languages follow. Therefore I think the answer should be 16.

>says to go from left to right
>goes from right to left

you wrote
>20 / (5 (2*2) )
but I see
>20 / 5 (2*2)
and I get 16, using the standard order of operations. I was never taught common core.

>implying that just because it's an old shoop means we don't want to have a fight about it

I'm getting 16.

does common core also teach parenthesis first, then products/quotients in order depended on which is closest to the left going right?

>old shoop, sage and move ondon't give this fag the (You)s

IT ARE FAKE, THREAD

That image is fake.

Good shop though