How does food communicate meaning in human culture?

How does food communicate meaning in human culture?

Don't you mean
HOW DOES FOOD COMMUNICATE MEANING IN HUMAN CULTURE
, Rei?

Tastes gud man

Nice try.

Food is the reflection of a particular human culture. You can say a lot about a country by looking at their food. And food is, as well, a component of any landscape you will ever describe in literature

Simple.

she looks like she's saying she'll eat me after she chokes me out with those eyes :3

who's that qt

how the fuck do i stop binging /thinspo/ pls help im already 92 lbs but my goal is 88 lbs :-(

Could you please elaborate? I need to write a mini essay for one of my exams and quite honestly not sure where to start this is one of th questions. I skipped 50% of the classes and I'm an alcoholic, never bought the text and now I need to bullshit 3 paragraphs.

this reminded me of a poem user

>eating alone
>my alphabet soup
>speaks to me
(brenda s duster)
patricia highsmith (strangers on a train; the talented mr ripley; the price of salt)

No idea.

binge mme antoine dariaux's guide to elegance instead?

lolwut

Dude I'm not going to write the essay for you, anyway what I mean is that food lets you "taste" a landscape the same way architecture or nature does (you can feel a lanscape and derive informations with each of your five senses). The food on our tables is what land gives us, and that's why every wine, every beer, every meat and every kind of vegetable is different. Well... except for the U.S. where food comes from the industries instead. But even that suggests you the image of the landscape: capitalistic cities, territory's exploitation, etc. It's pretty obvious, then, food represents the culture of a certain group of people

I know I am not looking for someone to write it for me just give me something to work with. Thanks for your response.

You're welcome bro, best wishes for your work

By making you choke on it.

I meant the girl of the gif, not the ones posted by op

it's a book by a french lady about how to not dress or comport yourself like a goddamn american. may result in spending all your laxative money on clothes ymmv

sure I'll do your homework. Food is a material metaphor for the elements of culture so ingrained as to be invisible to us. You are what you eat, and as such cultural delicacies convey the obscene ideologies of the culture in question. An excellent example would be Germany's Negarkussen, literally " Nigger kisses." On the surface they appear to be named solely on their color. The inherent racism is brought into focus by the gollywag-like exterior. As you delve deeper, you see the nuances of the culture at play. Biting into one, you discover a marshmallow-filled center, the kuss. This is a multi-layered metaphor. The white marshmallow is the delicious inner beauty of the treat. As we delve past the bland and superficial materialistic black outer layer we come into contact with the soft white spirit of the food, it's spirit. However in eating the chocolate with the marshmallow, we are moved past the realm of racism and into appreciating man as spirit, his exterior not indicative of the delicious content of the Negarkuss's character. The kiss itself is also a statement affirming the culture's sexual fetishization of blackness. It becomes

Of course, in contemporary times the Negerkuss has been renamed the Schokokuss, or choco-kiss. This is an attempt to rob blacks of their identity under the guise of political correctness. In eating a Schokokuss we are still fetishizing blackness and critiquing his spirit, but the act itself is somehow obscene in contemporary times, and so we must hide it from ourselves. It's a nod towards the Orwellian nature of German society today. 2+2=5, just as eating the Schokokuss is not communing with the gooey semen of blackness itself.

kek. I can't write this but this was great.

>I can't write this
Orwellian as fuck.

Is there a good book like that for gentlemen?

i dunno, i don't think gifgirl's written a book yet :/

dude, that essay is on point. use it.

I am not going to user the negarkuss example though. My prof is the biggest politically correct cuck if I wrote nigger on an exam regardless of the context he would probably hand me even though I'm only half white.

hang*

>pure ideology

You can use Tzatziki as an obvious metaphor for the cultural enrichment afforded by anal sex instead. You'll gain diversity points that way.

there's a lot going all the way back to isocrates and tripping through castiglione's book of the courtier.

you might want something more modern than that or style specific (antoine-dariaux has a whole other book about how to manage men which is essentially what her editor managed to cut as unrelated to fashion)
the style equivalent for men of the era is probably "abc of men's fashion" by sir hardy amies- printed like a dictionary and it's a basic understanding of style. similar wit and approach to clothing.

you might also want to check out "icons of men's style" by josh sims and anything by alan flusser for origins and advice on styling. sims is more origins than advice

emily post is probably a good call too if you're american. (if you're french or european, a lot of it might be inaccurate for local manners)

where do you live bby? ;)

1st paragraph was nice. 2nd was nigger tier

I used to work at a factory that produced these things. It sucked. If I put one person off Negerkussen for life the second paragraph was a resounding victory.

Thanks a lot, user!

kebab communicates a very strong message to Europe and America: Let more muslims in, they have tasty food, so how bad can they be?