How good is a General Atomics internship?

What does Veeky Forums thinks of General Atomics? I just received an offer as a Summer Engineering intern and was wondering what the general consensus was about the company. Am I going to learn anything useful (ECE major) and is it an overall satisfactory experience?

Important enough that if you post anything else I'm going to let a certain someone at GA know of the shenanigans of one of their summer engineering ece interns.

Please kill yourself.

OP. Its General fucking Atomics. Fucking take the internship and enjoy it.

People would kill for your spot.

Wow, I actually did not realize it's that well-regarded; there are people around me getting Amazon, Facebook, and Apple, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not making a mistake by going to a non-big four. Thanks for your input.

I mean the pay isn't that great and there isn't a ton of job growth, I would look elsewhere and just keep GA as a backup

Have fun making products that kill people

>products that kill people
Cars kill more people than drones.
You should be thankful about my eventual contribution to our defense systems.

I'm a clinically diagnosed psychopath and that's one of the things I look forward to.

oh, well in that case definitely go for it. most people don't have the chops for making weapons. i don't. the recruiters who approached me have a haunted 'i've seen some shit' look about them.

apply to the feds when you are done. Trump is upgrading our nuclear arsenal and the boys down at kirtland AFB are paying big bux to engineers willing to build bombs all day.

glad someones doing the dirty work tho.

>basing your internship choice on how well regarded it is
just do what you like to do user
and protip: amazon, facebook, apple, and google are trash

>not basing your internship choice on how well regarded it is

get a load of this guy.

the job climate for engineering dictates that you need an internship to get an internship nowadays. names matter. its why fags will work at spacex for pennies on the dollar because after 2-3 years you can leverage that into any position you want.

the reputation economy is real

>trying this hard
rep economy means very little
network economy is actually something
also, if you go to any decent engineering school and don't get a decent job right away, you've done something wrong because the school will literally hold your hand and walk you into a position

seriously, just do what you want. it's much nicer that way. i got one of your engineering positions and i didn't even do engineering u scrub

This. Why make weapons your life's work? Do something you can feel proud of.

>talking out of both sides of your mouth this hard

if rep doesn't matter then why do school names matter? for undergrad, the curriculum is pretty much standardized through ABET accreditation so guys that go to BK randy schools should be on the same footing as guys going to a top 50, right?

also, if the position doesn't require you to take the FE and be an EIT, its not an engineering position.

Fuck the whales, hippy. I don't know about you, but me? I want the
boys to have some truly scary shit. I'd be immensely proud to have my name on a patent for something that can make mince out of the enemy in legitimately tragic ways.

>implying the FE is hard
bitch i helped my mom study for and pass that easy crap
why do you engineers act so elitist when you're babied into a career

>if rep doesn't matter then why do school names matter
i thought from the context one would deduce that i was referring to the intern rep nonsense you mentioned, but i guess i didn't consider how an idiot would interpret it

>school names matter but company names don't

okay buddy

>but company names don't
>implying i said that
can't even read
if a company name matters, it's indirectly. your future employer is much more interested in the experience and qualifications you have. sometimes at those "big names" you'll have the chance to contribute to something big and do something big, but there's also the chance you end up being something like a code monkey. your interviewer won't be impressed with that if you work for the biggest company in the world, and will pick the guy who made a big difference at a smaller company.

>can't even read
you didn't post anything to read retard. you just memed some greentext about not choosing an internship based off the companies name. go back and look at your own posts you ignorant piece of shit.

>your interviewer won't be impressed with that if you work for the biggest company in the world

the name is what gets you the interview in the first place. its what gets you past HR who doesn't fucking know any better.

lol, you are so fucking stupid its hilarious. good luck in your "engineering" job.

>you didn't post anything to read retard
this is what adults do, huh? they can't admit they're wrong so they just sperg out?

>the name is what gets you the interview in the first place. its what gets you past HR who doesn't fucking know any better.
okay kiddo, you know you're arguing with someone who's already been through that and is in the workplace, right?

>good luck in your "engineering" job
i don't even plan on staying there, and engineering sucks so i don't know why you're attacking the legitimacy of the engineering i do when i've made it clear i don't care about it.
but in any case, my current job is more "engineering" than any position you'll ever have if you're just looking at facebook, amazon, apple, and google. but that's just what my coworkers who've been there said, maybe they're lying :^)

you literally said

>rep economy means very little

then went on to say that school names do in fact matter. sounds like the reputation economy does in fact matter. you contradicted yourself in a single post.

>this is what adults do, huh?

oh, i'm the one that resorted to ad homs and shitposting first? go read your posts. your brain is fucked up if you can't recollect your own writings.

>you know you're arguing with someone who
and you assume i'm not already in the middle of an engineering career? guess again.

facebook, amazon, and google aren't even relevant to my field dumbass. try again one more time retard.

>and you assume i'm not already in the middle of an engineering career? guess again.
i thought you were OP; if you are, it doesn't sound like you are actually working yet

i don't think you know what a contradiction means. let me spell out what happened for you
>the reputation economy is real
in the context of the rest of your post you are clearly referring to the "reputation" of having worked for big important companies in the "big-four". nothing is mentioned about schools
>rep economy means very little
for this, i mean being able to say "i worked for spacex!" doesn't mean as much as you think it does. note that i didn't say "nothing," i said "very little"
>if rep doesn't matter then why do school names matter?
woah, when did we start talking about schools?
>i thought from the context one would deduce that i was referring to the intern rep nonsense you mentioned
here i concede that yes, school names matter, and i clarify what i was trying to refute
>then went on to say that school names do in fact matter.
yes
>sounds like the reputation economy does in fact matter
yes, if we're including school names. i never said otherwise. i never contradicted myself. i said that the name of your company doesn't mean as much as you think it does.

>oh, i'm the one that resorted to ad homs and shitposting first?
>"hurr you started it!"
i'm making fun of you because you're an idiot and i highly doubt you're actually in the industry. by the way, you being an inexperienced scrub who doesn't know what he's talking about is an attack on your character, but it's also not a fallacy here because it means you probably don't know what you're talking about.

>facebook, amazon, and google aren't even relevant to my field dumbass
okay, i don't know why that matters. substitute whatever companies you're looking at based on their "rep", if you're capable of doing that, and you'll get my point

What am I supposed to make of this thread

TAKE IT TAKE IT

you got an internship, what the fuck is your purpose in making this thread other than to brag, just fuck off

>op asks for help regarding whether or not he's making the right decision
>"F-f-fuck off you fag, stop BRAGGING"

An internship is nothing special, 90% of engineering majors get one at some point. Not sure why you're so butt-blasted.

d

>I'd be immensely proud to have my name on a patent for something that can make mince out of the enemy in legitimately tragic ways.
I think most people wouldn't. Also, if you live in the US, "the enemy" is probably going to be some goat herder in the middle east that pissed off Israel.

Why not? You get to make something more technologically advanced than anyone else. Weapons will be made regardless of whether or not you do it or someone else does. Wouldn't you enjoy having contributed to the next iteration of advanced warfare?