Intelligence and University

Am i too dumb for university?
I had my intelligence tested as part of an adult ADD diagnosis (WAIS) and found out my mathematic intelligence is in the 120, rest of the performance (logical etc) around 110-115 and verbal merely a 100. Obviously I always knew my intelligence was limited compared to some of the smarter kids but I passed secondary school without any effort

the real shocker was reading more about it and apparently the average IQ for BA graduates is 115 and for CS majors (which I wanted to study) 123

Am I simply too stupid, much lower than average? Because of my ADD i've been an underachiever all my life so i don't have any confidence to even bother trying for the entrance exam

Are there any CS majors here with average/slightly above average intelligence here who can answer whether it's encouraging or finishing off my poor dreams?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_and_intelligence#/media/File:National_IQ_per_country_-_estimates_by_Lynn_and_Vanhanen_2006.png
mccormick.northwestern.edu/news/articles/2017/01/making-ai-systems-see-the-world-as-humans-do.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should be fine. You'll have to work harder than the smarter kids and you'll never be top of the class but really a person of average intelligence can pass a first degree if he's prepared to put in the work.

Here is a reality:
Universities will accept people much, much dumber than those averages. In fact, they accept complete 80 digit IQ cavemen.

So you have to take that chance and then get in. Take a strong first semester and see if your caveman brain can adapt and if you can then congrats, you will get a degree.

If you can't live through that semester then you lost 6 months of your life but hey, you are young and stupid so it is not like it counts.

just c/p BLM x100 in your statement and Stanford will admit you +bonus points if you are a minority or a woman

Or just rape a swedish woman, and the swedish gov will say it's a stress disorder caused by the fear of leaving. You won't have to work/study. The gov will support you.

>You should be fine. You'll have to work harder than the smarter kids and you'll never be top of the class but really a person of average intelligence can pass a first degree if he's prepared to put in the work.
Is this a meme?

College is how well you follow complicated instructions to a T. Brainwashed brainlets can get a 4.0.

wow rude

I just told you to take a chance and try.

What else did you want me to do? Stroke your dick?

Learn yourself calculus and discrete math
These should be the hardest parts of CS, if you can understand this you're pretty much ready for anything it throws at you.

that wasn't me

it was good advice imo t. op

>calls other people cavemen
>is offended

To be quite honest if you consider people with IQs lover than 100 human then you have low standards.

If you consider people with IQs lover than 80 human then you are just fucking retarded.

so you admit that blacks are subhumans?

What the fuck. When did this even get to race?

Do I consider a *black* person with an IQ lower than 80 to be a person? No.
Do I consider a *black* person with an IQ higher than 100 a person? Yes.

Nothing to do with race. Get out of here faggot. Back to /mlpol/

You're clearly not very bright yourself because you're looking at it the wrong way

People with IQs of 100 or 80 are more human than those with high IQs. This is obviously not a good thing because humans are stupid and you should strive to be more than a mere human. Human is an insult.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_and_intelligence#/media/File:National_IQ_per_country_-_estimates_by_Lynn_and_Vanhanen_2006.png

>calls people with certain characteristics non-humans and then acts offended when someone else uses the same argument to prove a point
tbqhwy famalam you are a brainlet

low socioeconomic status = poor nutrition = reduced cognitive development = reduced IQ scores

ezpz

what about indians, chinese and south americans? the difference between those groups and africans is significant albeit living in similar socio-economical conditions

wrong

>80 digit IQ
That's a smartass caveman.

>IQ tests primarily measure intelligence, not background and trainin--
mccormick.northwestern.edu/news/articles/2017/01/making-ai-systems-see-the-world-as-humans-do.html

>tfw a Lisp script scores >1SD above the average American

well the average american nowdays is a mix between blacks, mexicans and rednecks so thats not a major breakthrough

>hi, sci, I took an online is test and gave me 120lol. I'm here to humble brag and have people tell me I'm smart!

Nigga, pls. If you had taken a psych-administered IQ test you wouldn't be separating "logical iq" and "math iq," nor would you be calling it that. The psych also would've explained that 120 is well above average, even for college graduates.

Now fuck off.

>he thinks that 120 is a good score
i will have a double espresso

They really can't. Getting a 4.0 doesn't mean you're smart but there is certainly a minimum threshold of intelligence you have to clear to achieve it.

why would someone brag with a slightly higher than average iq? that's like bragging about height when you're 6'2.

being above the 75% or even 85% line is nothing because anything below that is basically a mouthbreathing animal and being only a little better than them is, frankly, embarrassing

>3 IQ points below the average
>wants to drop out
Yep OP you've pretty much figured it out, you're literally retarded far too stupid to do basic tasks even with your above average IQ demonstrating that IQ is a terrible measure of intelligence.

i'm a neet i'm not in right now so i don't know what to expect

Adult ADD diagnosis. Read the post dumb ass, do you even know how IQ tests work? They separate it into a bunch of different aptitudes.

its not a good score but its not complete shit

its like if you have a 7" dick

sure, unless you find a pure virgin waifu its not gonna be the biggest she had and she will just be settling with you for your money while fantasizing about getting pounded by chad

but like you are slightly on the larger size of average, you may not be able to please a woman but you will certainly be able to get her pregnant, its not like your some hopeless loser with a 5" micropenis

The average is 6.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

6.5 if you are gay 5.5 for the rest of the population

>completely missing the point
it has no intelligence user. it's a python script
if IQ tests measured what they purport to measure it should score 0

IQ tests measure problem solving ability by proxy of simple graphic visual patterns. Of course you can make a fucking computer do it. You can make a computer do literally everything a human can with enough time, effort and money. That's not the point.

The point is simply giving the human a novel task, and then measuring how well and how quickly that human can adapt to completing that task. Now, of course the quality of the test may be varied as there is no uniform standard, but the idea is always the same: they use very simple patterns that require pretty much no external information. So long as you are, for example, familiar with the concept of discrete colours and the alphabet, you have all the background knowledge necessary to complete the test.

this is stupid advice, you would want time to adapt to what university requires of yourself, dont fuck yourself because you want to prove something
The minimum threshold to get a university degree is probably like 105 IQ if we're being realistic. Getting a nice GPA is, assuming you're competent enough to be in a university, mostly a matter of time invested. That's how I know you're an undergrad, only an undergrad thinks getting an A is special.

>Of course you can make a fucking computer do it. You can make a computer do literally everything a human can with enough time, effort and money. That's not the point.
No, that's exactly the point. More time, effort, and money means a higher score. Glad you realize it.

That 123 is an average so of course people get the degree with iq < 123. Ergo, so can you.