Tfw majoring in mechanical engineering even though i hate math

>tfw majoring in mechanical engineering even though i hate math
Who here /absolute madman/?

But maybe I'll find a way to love math-senpai.

Go civil if you hate math, my prof has a PhD and designed a fucking dam by himself and used absolutely no calculus.

don't do it unless you're a third worlder where money buys degrees and jobs and your parents could afford to pay/have connections

Your professor was a designer. Not an engineer, there is a difference.

Designers design and engineers make it work with maths. I am a civil drafter and my dad does civil design/engineering. He mainly does design now and has an engineer sign off on his plans, a lot less stress.

You're the kind of brainlet that brags as a freshman about how much money he's going to make by being at the top of the world degree wise then switches to business three semesters in.

protip most engineers don't use calculus girl

As a mechanical engineer, you'll probably just end up being a CAD artist anyways.

Also, something I found out recently, you do not need a degree in order to practice design in any given field.

kek so true

His title was engineer.

And he did the hydrological analysis before relevant software existed.

Ya but not all engineers actually engineer, the point I am making. Especially in civil your professors plan probably went to someone who checked all his maths. In Australia we have REPQ's. Not saying he CAN'T design AND Engineer, it's just easier to do one and send it along the line.

You are usually designing stuff the client wants anyway.

Yeah and my point was he was one of those people who did the design and the engineering.

Yeah my point is no he wasn't. Big jobs such as that do not have that sort of trust in singular individuals.

Why do you hate math?

This is what 99% of title blocks on a CAD plan will have.

Ours have check for both design and engineer and an REPQ to avoid any mistakes as my dad has almost been sued over flooding (idiot builders don't build what is on the plan).

Things work differently in Chicago my friend

I guarantee you the people who spent millions upon millions had others involved in the project, not just your super Prof who single handedly designed and engineered a dam.

There is simply too much risk involved.

It's a concrete half pipe

oh fuck is that graph ugly.

As a drafty, yes, yes it fucking is. It's surprisingly funny just how little councils and companies care about the quality of their drawings.

That was straight from google though. The fonts are fucking atrocious.