Can you run a fusion reactor in reverse so that it produces any element you want using electricity?

can you run a fusion reactor in reverse so that it produces any element you want using electricity?

yes

You wouldn't run it in reverse. You run it normally and it will produce heavier elements.

What if I wanted hydrogen?

can you make gold at a profit?

Maybe try using a particle accelerator instead.

Fusion stops at iron normally. Gold is made in supernovas. If you could make a cold fusion supernova generator using like 60 flux capacitors and a top spin singularity to offset the temporal invariance magnetosphere you could possibly commutate the electrons and neutrons through jargon manipulation and create gold... in theory.

Fission is reverse fusion brah. Just start splitting some shit and see where it goes.

Make it yes, at a profit no. Gold is rare on Earth but there are massive asteroids made of it floating around in space, it would be far easier to go up and get one of those than try to produce gold on anything like a useful scale using known techniques.

Yeah, let's just see where it goes.

Nukes only explode because their kilogram+ of ultra fissile material cores are detonated by a massive ring of regular explosives to "kick it off". The only thing that will happen if you manage fission at home is that you will give yourself cancer from all the radiation.

That would be a Fission reactor. Look no further than your nearest Atomic bomb.

what if I want to turn a bunch of energy into matter how I do that?

I'll trade you, but the price is pretty steep. You'll have to divide by the speed of light squared

Magic

if all the nergy from the universe comes from matter then what happen when there is no matter left?

matter can't be made or destroyed so that question has no answer. However, once all energy is used up in a few trillion years, everything will just come to a stop, aka heat death where all matter is at it's lowest energy state. Essentially, since nothing can interact, nothing happens so in a way time comes to a total stop.

then what's the point of anything?

There's your problem; you think that the Universe has an inherent 'point' to it. Nope! We're just a transient collection of molecules in an infinitely expanding gaseous void that will degrade constantly before slowing down and stopping forever.

But I wanted to have children and they can have kids forever and there is peace.

>People will actually think he's making sense.
I giggled.

>jargon manipulation
I see what you did there.

>flux capacitor

libyans!

Have you heard of entropy?

>flux capacitor
???
>singularity
???
>Jargon
Ohh he's messing with the brainlets.

Get to photosynthesizing

Yes but it would require 1.21 gigawatts of power

Then what happens in matter antimatter collision?

You arrive in the 1800s in a fucked up Delorean

They can make diamonds though so who cares for gold?

Quality.

your answer make me sad :((