ALIENS

last nights thread went by with some decent discussion,what if we aren't alone but everybody else is "gone"?

what if we find evidence that there WAS life on another planet but the inhabitants are nowhere to be seen?

would that be more terrifying then if they were outright hostile toward us

why would that be terrifying

we already have evidence there was life on earth before us (dinosaurs) that are nowhere to be seen, do dinosaurs scare you?

>what if we find evidence that there WAS life on another planet but the inhabitants are nowhere to be seen?
>would that be more terrifying then if they were outright hostile toward us

statistically speaking we are more likely to find remnants of life rather than actual life in the present since the proposed average length of a species is tiny compared to that of the universe.

so, i would argue that finding another living and sentient species (regardless if they are friendly neutral or hostile) would be significantly more terrifying and shocking than finding any sort of remnants of a past sentient being.

Plus, not much will change if we find evidence.

But if any amount of living being was found to exist RIGHT NOW it would upturn the entire fucking world.

bump

>do dinosaurs scare you?

Not now that they have feathers. Now they just look like Big Bird.

But evidence that something might be out there wiping out life on planets would be at least a bit disconcerting. Some of my best friends are life on a planet.

if we found some forerunner level shit on another world i think it'd be a hell of a lot bigger deal than if we found a few space amoebas on an asteroid

>But if any amount of living being was found to exist RIGHT NOW it would upturn the entire fucking world.

You think so? I don;t.

Most people assume there is life out there these days. Finding it would be a huge news story for a year, maybe, and then just something in the science books.

Barring a War of the Worlds or something, I don;t think finding life would change anything much at all.

So are they like invisible energy beings?

Would make for better news footage. But finding the amoebas at least implies the possibility of everything else.

MONSTERS! MONSTERS FROM THE ID!

Not to get all /x/ up in here, but do any of you have any experiences?

I like to think that I'm a fairly rational, reasonable and educated individual, but I have seen two things that may have been UFOs (though one instance could have been a drone, but there was some circumstantial events that lead to to think it wasn't).

>evidence that something might be out there wiping out life on planets
There's evidence that there are shitloads of things that could wipe out life on a planet. Our planet has experienced several events that wiped out most of life existing then.

>Do dinosaurs scare you?
Some of those dinosaurs were utter monstrosities when compared to modern creatures. Humans already shy away from the sea because of fear from predators such as great white sharks, can you imagine what it'd be like if one of these were still around? The ocean would be almost completely inhospitable for a human to go near.

The possibility is already implied. Finding amoebas would only confirm this implication. Plus, we can find amoebas in the solar system, but outside of it we can only be lucky enough to have proofs that there is life somewhere. We won't know if it's amoebas or dinosaurs or xenomorphs there.

>Not to get all /x/ up in here
Well then don't.

Honestly, not much would have changed with these either. And we'd have probably harpooned them into extinction by 1900s.

I believe there will be a fake alien invasion that seems real to many people due to advanced hidden technology. There will be holograms projected into the sky and people may have intrusive thoughts from being exposed to sounds/vibrations that are meant to embed messages in our minds.
They will try to use the mass hysteria resulting from this to unite the people under a "one world government" in order to "fight the aliens". Eventually we will "succeed" in removing the "aliens" and they will use "recovered alien technology" as an excuse to unveil many of their more advanced things they have been working on.

Call me crazy but I'm gonna be feeling more sane than the rest of you once the whole show gets underway.

But I wanna talk about ayy lmaos on a board without being assailed by schizophrenic nut cases who want to summon tulpas

And I wanna talk about ayy lmaos on a board without being assailed by schizophrenic nut cases who want to watch UFOs

One genesis event has occurred in the known universe, on earth 6,000 years ago.

Are you referring to the formation of the Upper and the Lower Egyptian kingdoms?

>do giant terrorlizards that could eat me scare me?
Hmmm

cmon man, this is entry level conspiracy theory shit.

you learn about the breakaway civilisation meme right after intro to space lizards, cities in caverns deep underground, and aliens are demons.

here's a tip: stop believing shit that will never happen and go make some money so you can support yourself when your parents die of old age.

the board users here are too young to seriously consider this subject
I've seen UFOs before which didn't fit a normal explanation. In fact, pilots and astronauts see them all the time.

Did you know the 'moon landing crew' Edgar Mitchell, Buzz Aldrin and Gordon Cooper all have publicly stated that they saw genuine UFOs during their trip? They are also convinced aliens are real.

The rabbit hole is quite deep, but /x/ is too retarded and this board is too /freshman/

No he's talking about the meteor/giant asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs m8

giant rats and gators that could sallow ten people whole ;_; nature be scary yo

>Some of those dinosaurs were utter monstrosities when compared to modern creatures.

Pots a picture of a fish to make his point. I mean, yeah, it is a scary-looking fish...

Almost everyone has seen a UFO -- something in the sky that they could not identify. That's a few dozen-squillion giant steps away from "I saw a spaceship, it was crammed with Aliums.,"

What's that!?

where does the idea of aliens being demons even come from it makes absolutely no sense?

yes, but some are recorded on radar, video and by highly educated and qualified pilots and astronauts.
All one can say about the subject is that UFOs are indeed real. To determine if alien requires extraordinary proof but should not be discounted because it appears too unlikely.

If it was an advanced race that came to visit us, then we'd probably get shit turned upside down assuming they want to communicate.

If it's some dinosaur-tier shit? Probably would make for a cool series of documentaries for quite a few years.

t. brainlet

well the bible doesn't talk about aliensor beingsfromspace but it does have angels and demons, so-