Best Calculator

I don't know anything about calculators, which one should I buy? Graduating with a bachelor's in mathematics this May, and I want to get myself one as a graduation gift.

HP 35s

HP 12C Platinum

You don't need a calculator. Your computer is much more powerful and useful than those antiquated shit machines.

I use the HP 48G

TIs are for brainlets who need graphs

obviously ti89

HP 50G

/thread

nerdiest thread i have ever witnessed

if you are an engineer the TI-36x Pro is the highest functionality calculator you can use on the FE/PE exams.

What would you recommend for someone who is doing a degree in chemistry?

Desmos.com/calculator

Changing their degree.

That's true, but I was thinking about something that doesn't need the internet.

This.

For me, it's the HP-50g

The best scientific calculator

computers don't need the internet.
My Iphone has apps as good as the HP48 and 50. In fact, you can download an emulator if you just really like the calculator feel.

You went through college without a calculator?

this fucker right here can do QRs codes for anything you type and you can read them and get what was written and the soultion onto your mobile, and it is beautiful

As apps for android i use HIPER calc, Archimedes, Grapher free and Photmath. With this you will be able to do so many things, and what you cant, better go with excel

>Graduating with a bachelor's in mathematics this May

You'll never use it.

^

if you actually know how to use everything that calculator in your picture does (almost no one ever does) and you don't feel like dragging a laptop around everywhere, and you have a job where you might actually want to do some complex maths somewhere other than an office, then get a calculator.

frankly its pretty useless for most people.

you literally don't need one. In the real world you rarely ever use math, and if you do, its either easy enough to do by hand or so hard only a computer can solve.

a spatula and non slip shoes

Yeah, they weren't allowed during tests so I decided not to buy one. It sucked but for HW I had my phone's calculator, computer, wolfram etc.

My 84 finally died after like 16 years. I just got my Nspire last week. It's fun as fuck having a coloured screen on my calc

Casio fx-300ES PLUS

Been using this through my entire college career thus far. Misplaced it and bought a 9750gII graphing calculator to replace it. The 0750 is way more calculator than I need. It isn't a bad calc, but I was glad to find the 300ES again. If you end up not liking it, it's only 12 bucks, but the natural display and exact results from trig functions are nice.