CALLING ALL MEDFAGS

What does the thing the arrow is pointing to look like to you guys? It shows up on on three different 4mm slices. This is the middle slice.

Asking for a friend.

it looks like my parents fighting

An abnormal area of tissue kinda, like there's a lot of glial cells and not many neurons or maybe some other kind of cell possibly.
Also this.

it means this person is not white

Well you're wrong.

It's a six month old scan of a 22 year old male with sudden unexplained retinal degeneration. The radiologist didn't see anything out of the ordinary at the time. Over the last month the person has started developing weird nerve problems, including tingling in the hands and feet, tremor, and ringing in the ears.

Do you make anything of that?

Sounds and looks completely normal to me. Consider seeing a psychiatrist.

What part of retinal degeneration is normal?

Bumping for interest

Where can I get an MRI of my psychotic genius brain?

OP here. What I'm getting at is, does the white splotch look like it could be consistent with multiple sclerosis? If not, then what is it?

>brain doctor asking for diagnoses on Veeky Forums

Remind me not to visit your practice.

>look like it could be consistent with multiple sclerosis

what the fuck is wrong with you?

I'm not a doctor, which is why I'm asking for advice.

you have any idea how many things can go wrong with tissue? any inkling of the vast number of causes for an image like that?

go see another doctor. get the opinion of professionals, not people on Veeky Forums you fucking dipshit

wow what an asshole

Looks like enlarged perivascular spaces

Prion disease might be an indicator.
Malfolded proteins must be eliminated. They are like a cancer but slower spreading.

Might I suggest either brain surgery or blasting the buggers with a proton beam?

Either way an EMS or X-Ray is poor in comparison to a colour cat scan. You must get in close to see this disease.

Isn't that close to the side ventricular system?

AIDS can in rare cases cause major bacterial problems here leading to degeneration. Memory recall gets harder until impossible. One colleague got this and he reached the point where he could not find his way home.

Yeah, it does look like that.

Are these benign?

Sounds like mulitple sclerosis (multiple neurologic complaints separated in time and space) which leads me to believe thats a plaque. sucks 2 b u.

this is wrong you can only see prion disease on tissue biopsy

its an mri brainlet

no

The etiology of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is unknown. Existing epidemiologic data suggests that MS can be an infectious disease. MS used to be classified as one of the 'slow infections'--many of these are caused by prions. Prions are small, proteinaceous, infectious particles--distinguished from viruses by the absence of intrinsic nucleic acids. In a contrast to the 'classic' prional diseases (Kuru, Scrapie or Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease) that in CNS affect primarily neurons, the 'target' cell in MS is an oligodendrocyte. This may explain differences in disease presentation. This paper presents a pathophysiological model of MS based on the assumption that MS is a prional disease. Processes leading to the demyelination in Multiple Sclerosis seem also to involve lymphocytes, astrocytes and macrophages as well as the interferon system.

Also havr you ever seen a brain on Kuru?
Shit looks like a fucking sponge.

>Sounds like mulitple sclerosis (multiple neurologic complaints separated in time and space) which leads me to believe thats a plaque. sucks 2 b u.
Meh, that's still an improvement over
>lol ur going blind and we don't know why and we're not going to check or try to treat you
There's some pretty good biologics coming out too.

So I take it it wasn't lung cancer huh hypocondriac user?

I'm not him

>22 year old male with sudden unexplained retinal degeneration.

without more to go on there is no point in discussing this.

For diagnostic purposes we need to know a whole lot more about a patient than hes 22

virchow-robin spaces, benign

I NEED MY VICODIN

>year old male with sudden unexplained retinal degeneration. The radiologist didn't see anything out of the ordinary at the time. Over the last month the person has started developing weird nerve problems, including tingling in the hands and feet, tremor, and ringing in the ears.

Screen looks like a parasite. Symptoms of one too. alternatively could also be a brain clot. the white region means there isn't much blood going there.

That's not what cancer looks like. MS is the only thing I could think of, but it's probably nothing honestly. That's just called visual snow and tinnitus which is pretty common. I've had it for my entire life and have had MRIs and a CT before that showed no abnormalities at any point.

>I NEED MY VICODIN

Give it to him, that was the moral of the story

>That's just called visual snow
No, there are physical changes in my retina. Something is attacking the Muller cells causing degeneration.

Relative to people on a shitty western diet and lifestyle that damages blood vessels and produces atherosclerosis in children yes

So not desireable, but not bad either?