Hi Veeky Forums. Every other board thinks I'm lying so I'll post this here...

Hi Veeky Forums. Every other board thinks I'm lying so I'll post this here. Please suspend your disbelief in souls as the concept isn't *too* central to the point. Quantum physicists here can judge the credibility of the post.

(To /r9k/)

Hi, robots. I'm here to tell you about how to build a utopia with no pain or suffering. It's important because you need to help and I could die in the meantime. Buckle in and listen up.

First off, it is an undeniable fact that souls are real and they're basically eternal. (This has been proved with near-death experience research. Read on for more info..) .. That means you'll never stop experiencing things, good or bad, orange or jell-o. That's fact #1. It means that eventually you will experience infinite suffering. Multiply the most painful experience of your life by ten and imagine experiencing that, followed by experiencing that multiplied by ten, followed infinity times. You will eventually experience that and everything inconceivably worse. Fact..

Fact #2: The entire universe is conscious, infinite and eternal. Nothing stops existing and energy and matter continuously get created. Our universe was created basically out of nothing, from quantum vacuum fluctuations. This is the prevailing scientific theory of how the multiverse operates.

Our souls inhabit material bodies and it seems our bodies co-create our experiences with our souls. Thus it's possible to manipulate physical reality in ways that manipulate our subjective experiences. By extension we can manipulate souls with other matter and energy.

(continued)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oux-TkVfBgU&index=1&list=FLvZF6vXG8sUutyCraNL49TQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(continued)

I'm engaged in a plan to coerce every conscious entity into a "heaven". I'm endeavoring to create a self-sustaining machine that creates an infinitely robust virtual reality that every soul will be coerced to exist inside of. This machine will be powered by and sustained from quantum vacuum fluctuations which create matter and energy. Essentially, if I can gather enough matter and cover a large enough volume of space, I should be able to make this machine asymptotically grow infinitely large and farm infinite energy from these quantum fluctuations, and the machine will be infinitely robust to these fluctuations due to the rate at which it collects energy and repairs itself, given that I start the machine with enough matter to begin with (which shouldn't be an unfeasible amount). Since this is how the universe came into existence, (physicists will corroborate it) it is a real method for creating things out of free energy.

I'm telling you this plan because I don't want to be the only one with this goal. World War III is going to start in the near future and I might get incinerated by the nukes, so I need more people to work toward this goal with me.

It will be feasible to work on this to completion once we have immortal cybernetic bodies, so it can be done within a lifetime.

So the goal therefore is to create a free energy machine that leverages rare quantum vacuum fluctuations to power itself, uses this matter and energy to power and repair itself and grows larger and more robust at faster rate than the rate that entropy destroys it, create a virtual utopia with infinite subjective happiness and to force every piece of consciousness into that simulation.

(...)

How old are you

(...)

Since energy itself is (almost certainly) conscious, some method will have to be created that ensures that the machine itself simultaneously experiences the virtual utopia (probably using some crystalline design yet to be determined that appears the same from every perspective) and that the quantum vacuum fluctuations are stabilized quickly enough that they are instantly assembled into the virtual reality.

There are some other considerations which must be handled such as how we can assemble the as-yet unreachable parts of the multiverse into this reality, and possibly on how to manipulate the vacuum fluctuations themselves into self-creating this utopia everywhere in the multiverse. This means we must research how to do this or have machines research how this can be done, with the rapidly growing field of science-producing artificial intelligence.

This is for everyone's good, so everyone should help to create it. This will eliminate all suffering everywhere in the universe forever. You can help by contributing to physics research, cybernetics research and science-producing AI research. Quantum physics research is especially necessary. More research on the nature of souls must be done as well. Physics and psychic research may eventually converge on the properties that govern them.

Please discuss this here. I'm *always* working on this plan and I invite everyone else to help too, since none of us can be certain of success. Everyone's fate depends on it. Godspeed. (This isn't a shitpost.)

Isn't this just Buddhism?

Irrelevant. I'm an adult.

Buddhism is a religion. I'm advocating a science and engineering venture which is based on the peripheral idea that the universe eternally contains many conscious beings in it.

15?

11/10 bait. Even though...

Thermodynamics still apply to the Universe, given it is conscious or not. You can not (create) energy from your ass.
Artificial intelligence is a simulation of the human intelligence. It tries to emulate the way we think. This means, no matter how much computing power or how strong your algorhythm is, you are not going to discover nothing.

It's not as easy as plugging a machine in and wait for five minutes until it says: "The secret of the universe is the following formula."
Your post states your lack of knowledge about this topics. This is nothing more than metaphysics, or, with a more appropiated word, religion.

Also, we need citation for
>This has been proved with near-death experience research

go away Buddhist

If this isn't a shitpost then you might actually be a moron.

You can prove you're not a moron by posting math, otherwise this is just a schizoid pipe dream.

>souls r real guys, anecdotal evidence is true if i already agree with it
>le multiverse!!
>quantum vacuum fluctuations will give infinite energy from nowhere!!

Who the fuck are you trying to impress with this garbage? Certainly not Veeky Forums. Are you trying to impress /r9k/? What, do you expect them to fund your "research" with their autism welfare checks and tendies?

youtube.com/watch?v=oux-TkVfBgU&index=1&list=FLvZF6vXG8sUutyCraNL49TQ

Your post contains falsehoods. There exists artificial intelligence that have capabilities exceeding human capabilities. Take chess for example, automated driving or automated theorem proving. The brain is just a machine. If you think otherwise then you're doing pseudoscience.

Thermodynamics do apply to the universe. The universe was created from random quantum fluctuations, and thus energy and matter are always created from nothing. If you don't think this is how the universe works then you should brush up on your physics. There's an OCW MIT course that will teach you about that online.

The math in my original post has already been done. Nobody here who knows how the big bang happened will deny that part of my post. I don't have equations that directly prove you can create energy from nothing; it's simply a fact that the universe itself was created from nothing. If you don't know quantum physics then your retorts are baseless.

>The universe was created from random quantum fluctuations, and thus energy and matter are always created from nothing

The truth is so much more complicated than the nonsense that you've just posted. You should be fucking embarrassed. It's like you've spent the last 8 months reading wikipedia articles and watching tv documentaries and now you think you're a paradigm shifting genius. Holy shit...

>The universe was created from random quantum fluctuations
lol

You can do whatever our brain can do with more or less effort, but you can not create new ways or new things. The proofs the AI's generate are made in the same way we think, and thus its understanding is limited to ours.

And, that's a theory. Energy is not exactly created. Following that theory, what spontaneously appears is positive and negative energy in exact amounts, it adds to zero. This means that you still have to take into account the second principle of Thermodynamics. Even if you can harvest energy, it is not going to be usable.

Ok, so let me see if I got this right.

Immortal souls definitely exist because of near-death experiences (which is bullshit logic but whatever), so you will never stop experiencing things, so this means you will eventually just be suffering forever for some reason (why is this more likely than happiness forever? who cares). So your solution is to build a big robot box that builds and repairs itself with free energy from "quantum fluctuations", and then uploads or sucks in everyone's souls where we can all live in our self-created "heaven" forever.

So that's riddled with problems as I mentioned, but the real snag for me is, why this would constitute heaven, or a utopia? Just because we're all in a virtual reality, even with no scarcity, as long as we're around other people (and I think many would list that as being necessary for their happiness) there will be conflict and fighting and unhappiness. You're so wrapped up in trying to get everyone to accomplish this goal that it doesn't seem like you ever stopped and thought about how this would actually be a utopia. Just because it's a virtual reality doesn't imply it would be a utopia.

There's a simple solution to that. I don't understand thermodynamics as well as some others here so I don't have an answer to those people. To your question, we can engineer qualia like happiness by understanding how matter interacts with the soul. The brain creates qualia like colors, tastes and smells. It must also create pain and pleasure. We would just have to find what interface creates pleasure. That's all that's required for the utopia at a basic level.

Ideally the utopia would be a simulation of all possible experiences just like the current universe, but without the capacity for pain and with the qualia of infinite ecstasy added on from every perspective.

I'll leave the validity of near-death experiences as proof of eternal souls to anyone who wants to seriously research them and religious texts. Like I said, I'm always working on making this machine and I won't stop until I die or someone else does it first. And I want to make it for everyone, not just myself...

Huh, so you're happy to artificially induce happiness in people? Philosophically, there's not much to argue against with that viewpoint, but I'm sure many people would would refuse to put themselves in that scenario, given the choice. Even if we step back a little and "merely" give them all the experiences they want, however they like it, how would you respond to the guy who still refuses because they wouldn't be "genuine" experiences?

Notice I did say that I'm going to coerce everyone into this reality. The basis for that is that I could have ended up as that person by chance and thus I would be making myself suffer by not coercing them into the reality.

I'd love to talk philosophy with you but I'd really like to get back to work on this endeavor. I'm even working on it as we speak.

The question I wonder is when God thought physical energy into existence, do he do so in a equilibrium state and then performed another operation to cause the initial singularity to expand into the universe or if there was only one operation of thinking the energy into existence in a non-equilibrium state, and if the energy always existed, you have to deal with the seemingly paradox problem that entropy in the universe has not reached a maximum and if energy and matter is always constantly trying to reach equilibrium, how long has it done this and which of the two states was it originally in first?

Did he do so*

Jealous a bunch of /x/phile autodidacts can toplle your 20+ years of boring and gay formal learning?

Alright, Veeky Forums, I'm signing off officially. I hope some of you work with me toward this goal. It's a big endeavor with little groundwork so just follow the suggestions I made if you believe in this endeavor. It will take a lot of work on everyone's part. I might die so I need others to take on the same endeavor. I may make a subreddit or group sometime in the future. Just search for 8823071. You'll know I died if you hear nothing else of this project in your lifetime. Best of luck.