The Treatment of Non-Psychotic Disorders with Antipsychotics

Hi, Veeky Forums.

I was wondering: do any of you guys have any experience with antipsychotics being used for the treatment of non-psychotic disorders? I ask because: my third (and current) psychiatrist wants to prescribe to me one of two medications—one: an antipsychotic (Abilify)—two: an antidepressant (Nefazodone). He explained to me that both of these medications apparently have “mood stabilizing” effects that could help me deal with these “mood swings” apparently being brought on by one of the disorders that I've been diagnosed with—Major Depressive Disorder. He also explained to me that Abilify could help me “calm down” these apparently “chaotic thoughts” that I'm having, which could then help treat these two other disorders that I've been diagnosed with—Social Anxiety Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder—in the past, for the treatment of anxiety I had already taken (without many positive effects): an anti-anxiety agent (Klonopin). I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of taking an antipsychotic, so I decided to go with the antidepressant instead.

He has already been prescribing to me a psychostimulant (Adderall) for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, alongside the antidepressant Nefazodone. Nefazodone seems to be interacting with Adderall in interesting ways, I wasn't expecting something like this from an antidepressant considering my negative experiences with antidepressants in the past (in the past I had already taken: Lexapro and Trazodone.) It felt a bit counter-productive to take both an antipsychotic with a psychostimulant simultaneously, as both drugs seem to have completely opposite uses and side-effects. Wouldn't that be a bit like taking caffeine pills with sleeping pills at the same exact time? What do you guys think?

Not a science sry.

DUDE NEUROTRANSMITTERS LMAO

>400 Eli Lilly Big Pharma Coins have been deposited into your APA account

Take your liberal arts medicine degree and fuck off you plebish pseud.

Seriously, and Veeky Forums is full of smartass engineering idiots so they'll sneer; go to a psychoanalyst, preferrably a Lacanian, because the Lacanian theory is the most scientific in it's theory and effective in practise, (there have been plenty of trials demonstrating the long term and permanent changes which psychoanalysis brings, over and above CBT and psychotherapy).

This is my honest advice, I have neurotic conditions too and I've been on all the drugs. The drugs themselves can be harmful in most cases and are a last resort but they're overprescribed; sorry if this sounds silly to say because obviously you need help so you take them, but there are other ways.

It really sounds like a massive mess what you've got yourself into here, and your psychiatrists sound like many psychiatrists, which are basically idiots who don't spend any time thinking about cases but are just paid to prescribe profitable drugs.

>He explained to me that both of these medications apparently have “mood stabilizing” effects that could help me deal with these “mood swings” apparently being brought on by one of the disorders that I've been diagnosed with—Major Depressive Disorder. He also explained to me that Abilify could help me “calm down” these apparently “chaotic thoughts” that I'm having

He sounds clueless. Drugs often only keep things from consciousness but don't change unconscious thought and problems, neither does the external conditioning of CBT. In my experience and many others I've spoken to, this has been demonstrated: the same symptoms come back! Drugs just dim you to it so you can carry on working as a dim and doped energy-unit for corporations.

>psychoanalysis
Are you trolling or retarded. Its voodoo medicine for stupid goys.

Quit all your shit drugs cold turkey and fast for two weeks. Then eat a diet completely devoid of carbs.

Its all in your head. You need sex, eat healthy, exercise and shower twice a day. Nofap also helps.

>physics
Are you trolling or retarded. It's voodoo philosophy for retarded people who believe in a world which isn't experienced by us

>the unconscious? damn what a stupid idea! but I believe in the curvature of spacetime and superpositioned states just fine!
Pic related, something I found in a physics textbook

ayy lmao psychoanalysis didnt even try to use any method not even scientific method it is completely unfalsifiable with circular logic a pure mysticism. Nobody said that a lot of physics are not proven but they at least have math to back it up unlike philosophy of psychology

>implying all logic isn't circular logic
>implying a non-circular logic could be anything but false

>Scientific method
Everything is psychoanalysis is demonstrated scientifically, not just a posteriori, but a priori, logically and topologically.

>Drugs often only keep things from consciousness but don't change unconscious thought and problems, neither does the external conditioning of CBT. In my experience and many others I've spoken to, this has been demonstrated: the same symptoms come back! Drugs just dim you to it so you can carry on working as a dim and doped energy-unit for corporations.

I realize this.

The only reason that I'm still seeing a psychiatrist now is for Adderall. That's it, really. Adderall. I feel like I've officially lost interest in everything else in regards to the mental health care system. I've lost interest in psychology, psychotherapy, psychiatry, all of it. All of it just seems so meaningless, so stupid.

But, Adderall. Man. What can I say? Adderall helped me so much, in so many ways.

If it hadn't been for Adderall, I would have never gone from weighing 284 pounds in January 2015 down to 160 pounds eight months later in August of that same year. At 5 feet and 11 inches in height, I went from being considered "morbidly obese" (according to the Body Mass Index chart, anyway) to being of "normal weight". I felt so much energy and motivation, that I would feel bored and antsy just sitting down all day in front of my computer, and so I'd get up and go outside to walk for several hours every day. I even started going to the gym.

If it hadn't been for Adderall, I would have never decided to return to my old high school to get the so-called "adult high school diploma", nearly 10 years after I dropped out back when I was 17.

If it hadn't been for Adderall, I would have never bothered looking for a therapist myself. I would have never, ever even bothered going to therapy. I would have never bothered doing research into any of this stuff—cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, psychotherapy—I would have never been even remotely interested in any of it! But I did look into all that stuff. And I did go to therapy, only to become disillusioned by all of it.

How do you demonstrate scientifically anything from unconscious if we dont even know what this unconscious is and how it works because we didnt reach that level of information about the brain.

Write a poetry about Adderall. Adderallchan is your waifu who is calling you to come home and eat her up. Do it user. Do it for her!

Come on user! She is impatient and needs to be satisfied!

Human speech.

Signifiers are their own science.

Just look at logic and mathematics, it's nothing but signifiers rigorously freed from empirical referents.

Human speech is too variable and cant be generalized as math or logic though. Math works across cultures while speech is different.

Look into structural linguistics. Psychoanalysis doesn't need to be culturally universal since cultural differences change people's psychic reality.

Analysis can't be universal, because every human being has a different history, speech, and thought. It aims only at being exact and scientific in the singular, which is not to say that universal conclusions can be drawn.

So what you're saying is its purely a system of ad hoc hypotheses?

He is saying that it is mysticism trying to be science.

Lrn2epistemology

Find me a single science which doesn't need 'ad hoc hypotheses'.

It has a theoretical basis and a practical epistemology.

"Needs or involves in any form whatsoever" != "purely consists of."

The amount of uselessness is amazing.

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA