Are any of you guys going to the March for Science rally?

Are any of you guys going to the March for Science rally?

Other urls found in this thread:

marchforscience.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw conservative, Christian engineer/grad student

Fuck no and fuck identity communism.

Fuck no.

Daily reminder that this movement's leader is not an actual scientist but some person (I think it was a woman but don't care enough to remember) who instead of having a science degree, has a sort-of "Science Studies" degree. I think it was like a Masters in Racism in Science. So basically a political degree focused on the politics of science.

So remember. "March for Science" actually stands for "March for imposing my political ideology in Science" and any researcher involved in this is out for a biased and politically driven con-artist and deserves to be shunned by the rest of the community.

Someone distributed flyers for this around my lab. It doesn't seem like many people are going though, because everyone is so busy.

My dad suggested I go and try to get women to show their tits and burn their bras like in hippie protests but I told him it's probably not that kind of protest.

>My dad suggested I go and try to get women to show their tits and burn their bras like in hippie protests but I told him it's probably not that kind of protest.
i think he may be more closer to what kind of protest it is than you desu. the womens march promoted by the same people were promoting sharia law and running around in vagina suits

that's a good way to get ganged up on and assaulted by the "feminists"

They make those?

A lot of people in my lab and other labs are going. I want funding senpai. that's all my sign is gonna say, that's all I want.

Your dad just wants you to stop being a faggot

and why you think that you deserve the money?

>March for science
It's already April you doofus.

These people do realize that attaching science to their social justice crusade is damaging? It dilutes the issue of scientific funding and it also alienates many people that would probably be supportive of science funding.

Are they false flaggers? I think it's the only explanation

Conservative values are inherently anti-human and anti-science. If you aren't supporting the people trying to stop them, you are no different than those who burned witches and kept slaves.

DECOLONIZE THIS BORED

Look, it's either fund sciences or invest in another $900,000,001in weapons research to increase the yield of out bombs by .04%.

fuck off, this isn't related to science

>probably not that kind of protest
it is. look it up

cause im studying cancer, and if we want to cure it you need a shit ton of people working on all it's different forms.

also this

>implying that a lot of sciences aren't behind making bombs go boom

lot of funding this year is going towards anti-aging related things. rich people don't wanna die.

you might learn real life shit if you were actually in grad school and not living in your conspiracy fantasy

wut?

Why is anti-aging research bad?

it's not bad. i mentioned it since some tard on here thinks most science done is for weapons.

maybe it was bait

>maybe it was bait
Or, maybe, you're such a triggered faggot, you can't actually read what's written?

Yeah, I think that's the case.

yeah probably

I don't see pedophobia being addressed so I won't be going.

I'm tired of taking his advice on women. He comes from a Latin American machista perspective that has led to nothing but trouble for me.

that time has passed familia. now it's all about making sure they have a good time. bull shit

Shit like this makes you agree with pol

I'm going. The pic in the OP is pretty good bait though, almost made me reconsider.

Hehe great joke 16 year old reddit friend ;)

Because I'm studying batteries and if you don't want that phone you are posting from to blow up in your face you'll fund my research.

>Seeing stupid opinions from fringe liberals makes you agree with stupid opinions from fringe conservatives

If you now hate groups of people because you saw a handful of dumb tweets, you're just as dumb as them.

And I see idiot /pol/ minded people everywhere now because of this. You realize these images that show you how stupid SJWs and liberals are. it's just conservative propaganda. it's new wave propaganda trying to make you think a certain way.

God bless America.
Also, .

>racism is a scientific issue
I'll go just to see Veeky Forumsborgs awkwardly try to make a point about IQ

I'm going just to see how pissed off /pol/ will get

This happened days before Trump was elected president. Fuck off. Mods pls delet

If you don't hold ignorance on "your side" with just as much derision and anger as ignorance on the other side, then you're a hypocrite of the worst order.

That doesn't make sense.

Being a Racist neo nazi /pol/tard and a SJW liberal, they are both insanely stupid.
But If you actually care for you fellow man and want to see the world become more free and prosperous for all people, then the racist conservative ideology is league more damaging.

No.
It is not about Science.

It is about a leftist backlash against the right wing US government under the cover of science.

They want to push identity politics not scientific awareness.

>the racist conservative ideology is league more damaging
No.
It has worked for hundreds of years and creates a sustainable system.
The US itself existed under such a system for a very long time.

This also isnt the point. Even if the right wing is worse then left wing, this still isnt any defense against their completely retarded ideology.

The most damaging thing on the planet right now is identity politics. Hands down, no viable counter argument.

It's more antiscience than young earth creationism, it seeks to control thought and communication, and encourages a step backwards into tribalism. Hell, at least crazy Muslims let men science.

This is what /pol/ would like you to believe.

Read the mission statement of the organization. And the purpose of the demonstration.

I have.
And this really has nothing to do with /pol/.

>Read the mission statement of the organization.

>We will:

>Fight discrimination, exploitation, and inequity in the scientific community.

>Work to make sure that scientific research and scientific careers are made more accessible to people from historically underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.

This is identity politics. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to with protesting for evidence based policy making.

>Diversity and Inclusion Principles:

>Inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are central to the mission and principles of the March for Science.

>Systems of privilege influence who becomes a part of the science community
> some scientific endeavors have been used to harm and oppress marginalized communities
>Political actions -- such as gag orders for government science agencies, funding freezes, immigration bans
>Science itself can drive our conversations about the importance of diversity
>We pledge to amplify the work of underrepresented scientists

Some quotes from THEIR WEBSITE.

Tell me again how this has NOTHING TO DO WITH IDENTITY POLITICS:

You're not fooling anyone /pol/

Maybe /pol/ would do you some good.

>But If you actually care for you fellow man and want to see the world become more free and prosperous for all people, then the racist conservative ideology is league more damaging.

You are an idiot ideologue. Entire 20th century was considerably more racist and conservative than the present and yet the world was advancing fast on all fronts.

Far left ideas such as identity politics, open borders and generous welfare for every nigger are at best orthogonal to progress, at worst a threat for progress.

More funding for science, sure. The rest is regressive politicised garbage and has nothing to do with science or technology.

>gays
>justice

You thought silencing dissenters was just?

You're not contradicting their point. They said if you cared about your fellow man and the betterment of all people, which would include the niggers. Racist, conservative ideology would be detrimental to blacks and browns, and would not lead to a world that is more free and prosperous for them. It would seek to only benefit whites, and even then there will be divisions within whites based on language, class, nationality, culture, etc.

I'm gay and it hasn't in any way affected my experience in grad school

You're afraid of children?

So how are Zimbabwe, Nigeria, and South Africa doing after they ousted the whites?

>hes one of those people who thinks it is the responsibility of the whites to improve the lives of other people

White
Guilt

get a fucking job

>tfw studying jet fuels
>funding up the ass thanks to based God Emperor Trump
feels good.

>you are no different than those who burned witches and kept slaves.
Please don't remind me of the good old times.

Are you arguing that it was better to be black in America 100 years ago?

If you want to see the betterment of humans, then you'd support ways to uplift all peoples. Which would mean things like universal health care and education for whites, blacks, hispanics, all kinds of people.

It seems you have a dim and dichotomous view of people where they only have negative motivations, i.e. feeling guilt or feeling hatred. Many just want to see a happier and healthier world of humans, which would mean helping all kinds of people, not just the ones of a similar hue to your own.

>le based centrist xD xD xD
>le to smart too have opinons :^^^^^^^^^^^)

>implying race isnt a social construct

race doesnt exist, but youre still a racist goy.

>Are you arguing that it was better to be black in America 100 years ago?
what were their murder and incarceration rates back then compared to now?

The chancellor of the university I'm attending sent a mail to everyone informing us about the march for science in our country. That mail and our national website make little mention of identity politics. They are highlighting more that they want to protest against discrediting of scientific knowledge, "alternative facts" and the like.

>Which would mean things like universal health care and education for whites, blacks, hispanics, all kinds of people.
They are arguing for PREFERENTIAL treatment for non-whites, you fucking faggot. I'm a white immigrant from a non-english speaking country. I had to learn a new language, and adapt to a new culture as a tween. My family has been stuck in the working class since we came here. I have had more disadvantages, and been worse off financially than many of the "minorities" that are given preferential treatment due to the color of their skin.

I sincerely hope that everyone who supports this shit, and milks it knowing how ass backwards it is, gets the end they deserve. You are a plague on this nation, and western civilization.

Space exploration, neurophysiology and the mutilated genitals of mentally ill people. My favorite scientific topics desu.

>little mention
That is completely false. Read it yourself, they even have a complete section about "Diversity".

see for some quotes.

>Read it yourself
No, you read it yourself. Pic related.

So you are.

Hahaha you are so emotional.

I'm not arguing preferential treatment. If you refer back to where I first responded it was about the claim that racist, conservative ideology would lead to the betterment of all peoples. Which is obviously incorrect.

And now you're foaming at the mouth rattling off a series of non sequiturs. You are a silly person.

Here's the problem with that
Your opinion isn't the one that will be represented in news outlets
The "heads" of the protests will be sjws who are gonna pervert the message and use you to say "look at all the ppl that showed up for diversity" your just helping them and not really yourself.

I'm going but I'm going to voice my unhappiness with Trump's decisions that harm the field of climate science, as well as to advocate for better-funding of scientific organizations. I'm a part of a couple minority groups but I'm against identity politics 100%. Despite that, I really don't care if people associate me with those people -- I know what I believe and I'll only voice my support for what I believe in. So, yeah, I'm going.

those nice things need money. which comes from investment over consumption. which best comes from mono ethnic quasi secular societies.

>We commit to promoting diversity and inclusion in science to build robust and resilient communities for the benefit of all people.
>We pledge to amplify the work of underrepresented scientists and to address concerns and critiques as we work together to make scientific spaces more equitable.
>Work to make sure that scientific research and scientific careers are made more accessible to people from historically underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.
So you don't support the march I take it?

what were their murder and incarceration rates back then compared to now?

Universal health care systems cost less as a percentage of GDP and yield as good if not better outcomes. This would free up enormous sums of capital for more productive investment and consumption.

Universal education would also be quite literally investment in human capital. And I'm not talking about free gender studies degrees, but access to STEM and the trades.

Those goals should be pursued through universal education, such as tuition-free or heavily subsidized colleges. That way if a talented black or brown person is born in a shit situation, there will be lesser financial barriers to getting into science.

I don't support quotas, affirmative action, or different testing standards.

Well then tell them to make that their stance and their message would resonance better. Instead of the current "if you're black or brown you deserve free shit" stance.

marchforscience.com/
Is their international website.
I care very little for your rectors interpretation, I got a similar email from my university for the science march here in Hamburg.

Shouldn't it be evidence enough that the original march is completely infested by identity politics?

And even the website for the hamburger march for science makes it pretty clear against which kinds of politics they march and that they support far left politics.

What about the interpretation of the german coordinators then? They don't make a big point on identity politics. Or any politics for that matter. It is not part of the issue here. Science is. And that is what they are protesting for.

>even the website for the hamburger march for science makes it pretty clear against which kinds of politics they march and that they support far left politics
I just had a look at it. Can you tell exactly where that is? The FAQ part is just a short version of the one I already took a screenshot of. (Though it seems not to be available in english.)

As I said, I dont care what his personal interpretation of the march on science is.

You obviously can have an a-political protest for evidence based policy making, but if you do that it probably shouldn't happen under the umbrella of another march which cares more about the percentage of non-white lesbians in mathematics, then science or policies based on science.

I am not condemning the individual protest itself (although I feel that it is completely unnecessary here in Germany), but the umbrella under which it happens.

If you are more triggered by identity politics than by our anti-science government, you are a dumb faggot and should go back to your containment board

i'm more triggered by your poor shilling attempt.

>>Diversität und Gleichberechtigung in der Wissenschaft
from their "Ziel" page

Is the one which bothered me in particular. I have to say that the marches in Germany are far more a-politcal then the ones in the US but the inclusion of such a statement, in a country like Germany (which is as anti-racist and anti-discrimination as it gets ) still bothered me.

"far left" was also probably the wrong word.

>>you can not be annoyed by one thing because ANOTHER thing which is worse exist.

"You don’t see advocates of reason and science clogging a street in the belief that using their bodies to stop traffic, will solve any problem."

>engineer
>is a retard

Makes perfect sense.

thats all going to go to shit when those kinds of liberals get into office. democrats are rarely honorable or responsible.

>Is the one which bothered me in particular.
If this paragraph bothered you, then you are just looking for excuses to hate on it.

>another march which cares more about the percentage of non-white lesbians in mathematics, then science or policies based on science
When looking at the front page of their website, they make no mention of it. It is clearly not [math]the[/math] main incentive. Just one of them. Nowhere do they say they value diversity more than science.

Its existence bothered me.
It really didn't need to be said, especially if the march is foremost about evidence based policy making.

Same here senpai but undergrad. Does it ever lead to bad/awkward interactions with professors or anything? Or do you keep it private

Firstly, the quote was mostly hyperbole.

Secondly, their website is infested with a clear political ideology.
This leads to the conclusion that this isn't an a- political march, but also about pushing a certain political ideology.
The march having a clear political, that goes FAR beyond "we want evidence based policies" completely discredits it for me.

If this was ONLY about pushing for more scientific awareness in politics and the general population I would be completely for it, but it is clear that it is much more and definitely not a-political.

What is "most" important to them isnt really relevant if one big part completely goes against what the march should be.

"f a m" got filtered to "senpai" and now I look like a faggot

fa[math][/math]m doesn't change for me bro

The wordfilter only prevents white people from using nigger language. To combat language degradation brought about by the less intelligent boards.

>you can have an apolitical protest for making POLITICAL POLICY
Holy fuck, you're retarded.
Our government, as shitty as it is, still is less antiscience than identity politics.

Pretty sure the Nazi's didn't start off talking about gassing the jews.

We're not talking about the US though. The german government isn't anti-science.

>march for science
>none of it is science related

>Are you arguing that it was better to be black in America 100 years ago?
For many, yes actually. Do you not know the state of abject shit most black communities are by their own hands?

>Holy fuck, you're retarded.
There is a difference, between wanting to change reasons for policies and wanting to change policies themselves.

The march for science should not make any demands about politics themselves, but it should try to change the way people and politicians use science to come to any conclusions.
The demand for "policies based on science" makes no demand for specific policies. So it is a-political.