Why do people even study math , we have calculators these days xdd

why do people even study math , we have calculators these days xdd

Don't you have something better to do with your life?

>implying arithmetic is math
kek brainlet

>we have calculators these days
??????
This is true for LITERALLY any field of study, although math is the least affected.

Psychologists (or any other meme-major) will be long replaced by machines before any mathematician has to fear for his job.

Why do people even study science, we have textbooks these days xdd

How else would u figure out 1+1 without kekulator xddd

He probably doesn't.

You're joking, but one day soon we will have textbooks that read themselves. It's called automation.

Will that make them self-aware? Spooky

Bait belongs on the fishing board; take it over there!

There's a fishing board?!

Most of the higher level shit has zero use in a practical sense.
At some point it just become "can we solve a problem we invented for our self"

It's easier for a machine to do some calculations than to understand something as complex as the human brain

Such a thing seemed obvious about imaginary numbers, but today they have wide usage in fluid dynamics and engineering

Indeed. Why do you ned to solve those integrals by finding an antiderivative? Just use the riemann sum approximation.

So you can practice antis for when you need them.

There is no need for antiderivatives. There are many functions that doesnt even have those in a nice form. And even if you get some 1/cos(arcsin(tan(e^x))) as a solution, you still have to put that on the calculator, that uses some approximation. Why not calculate it directly?

>can't handle the bantz
Are you German?

The calculation tells you nothing of the behaviour of the function, which is where you gain insight.

Be so kind my fellow brainlet and leave this board. WHat you say is true but, in an age where computers are not yet able to create theories and dfind new ways of understanding the univee we have to. Besides, what do you think you would be doing if not math ? Perhaps read Hiegels works and life starts sucking.

A better question is why do we mindlessly teach kids retatded computational methods instead of math if we have calculators? I blame old farts who think everyone needs to compute 100 5x5 determinants cause if not they will never understand them.

Can a calculator do this?
y=y+2

Gee, Billy, there's a board for EVERYTHING these days. Priced be it, when the only board was a communication between two computers in different countries sending reports about the war. You kids really have it good, with your /b/'s and /c/'s. All we had was /a/'s, and it was fucking cancer! All of those... cartoons... it was too much. I couldn't take it. It wasn't my fault! I was overwhelmed! I'm sorry, okay?

Increment Y by two? Yes, normal calculators can do that

Exactly.
A mathematician does absolutely no calculations.

Computers have a VERY hard time actually proving things.

They can prove things all day, they just can't interesting things fast.

Then again, neither can most people.