en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Gdańsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Technical_High_School
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poznań_University_of_Technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>tfw country has only 1 university in top 400, and it's not even in top 330

canada?

Worse, Australia.

It doesn't really matter user. Unless you can get into "that one school" for your field (eg. MIT for technology, Harvard for law) it doesn't matter if it's ranked 2nd or 200th.

You're better of looking at what ex students say.

You bring up a good point, thanks user

Except he doesn't but ok

For mathematics which would it be?

Cambridge, Princeton, ENS

>ENS
lol

>university fell out of top 200

Good knowing my masters degree is worthless

More ENS alumni have earned Fields medals than alumni from any single other university in the world.

What are the best unis for HEP?

And for logic?

>"that one school"
Not really. For most subjects there are 5 or so truly elite tier, then 10-20 top tier.

But you are correct that once you get to 20th-200 it doesn't matter so much.

>not going to Oxford or Cambridge where you get a Masters for free with your Bachelors
I pity the fool who spent time and money doing a masters

Leeds, Oxford, Paris VII, Lyon I, Stanford, many places in Israel

>Leeds
umm about that

You didn't get paid to do your masters?

What are the top two? I am at monash

Probably not, maybe a minimum wage for an internship but also that is not very common

>tfw your country has only 2 universities in top 400, and yours is 1486

University of Melbourne

>tfw yours dont even have a wikipedia entry

The funniest thing is that my uni is one of the best in the country, best in the region
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Gdańsk

Doesn't look like much but at least it's not marked as a stub like mine does.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
I'LL HAVE FRIES WITH THAT

And Barcelona

>tfw country has 4 in the top 10

>tfw no one here attends one of those top tier schools anyway

wrong

t. final year at imperial college

Degree?

MEng EEE

t. brainlet who only thinks in terms of black and white, 1 and 0, true vs false

you putrid nigger, the better ranked and respected the uni the better your employability will be

are you saying that some top 500 chink university is the same as a London uni, for example?

you fucking moron you fucking putrid porker

suck my pig you fucking noob

>tfw my high school wiki is bigger than some of your college wikis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Technical_High_School

I knew exactly what country you were talking about.
What uni OP? I do Adv. Maths at UNSW.

t. undergrad

Oldfag here from the real world: after your first job, what school you went to didn't matter unless you're sticking in academia. The advantage to "better" schools often has little to do with the quality of the education (many of the better schools actually are garbage at teaching anything) and everything to do with the connections you build, which again becomes less important as your career progresses (assuming you keep networking while you are in the workforce).

>Oldfag here from the real world

t. high schooler who can't understand basic math and gradients

the first job determines how good your 2nd and 3rd and other jobs are, and the first job you get depends on how good your uni is, and "good" increases gradually, it's not a binary function, it's not f(MIT)=good and f(caltech)=f(oxford)=f(cambridge)=bad

can you see where this goes? it's an inductive definition where your college degree is the base case

it's a function that has diminishing returns the higher you get on the university rank, the difference between the top 10-20 unis are very small

those differences enable you to get a very good FIRST job

after you get the first job you can get a better 2nd job based on how good the first job is

it's a snowball effect you retarded monkey

I don't give a shit if you're 50, you're a 50 year old retard who lived like a retard from 20 till 50, you have nothing useful to communicate to me, your age does not matter at all if you lived like a retard your whole life and made mistake after mistake

>oldfag here from the real world
holy shit, an old guy from real life! that's so rare, you're like, one of the 0.00001% of the human population
holy shit man tell more, how did you age so much you motherfucker?

>you're wrong
>my argument? I've managed to go long enough without dying to become an old person

>after you get the first job you can get a better 2nd job based on how good the first job is
>it's a snowball effect you retarded monkey
Wow, you might actually have a point if the world uniformly worked that way!

Guess what, it doesn't.
Most amusingly, you are so flawed in your thinking that you miss the flip side of your own reasoning:
the better your first job, the more likely every subsequent job will be worse than your first job irrespective of your performance. Your qualifications aren't necessarily going to align with your availability.

How I define the correlation between aging and knowledge and why stupid people who are old don't matter at all, fucking gas them, kill them, cut them up and recycle them.

P(n): success or failure based on accumulation of mistakes and good / intelligent decisions combined with the snowball effect
map the natural numbers to the seconds in a person's life
1. base case: a guy is fucking retard at second 1, at P(1). He makes a bad decision in that second and negatively affects his life by a certain percentage. He is now after 1 second slightly less successful. True. Obvious.
a guy is a genius, at P(1) he makes a smart decision that improves his life. After the first second he is now very slightly more successful, if you could measure success with a number.

Inductive case: P(n) hypothesis: A nigga lived his life like a retard or like a genius for N seconds, thus the snowball effect has resulted in am optimized and successful life (if he was smart) or in a shitty, sub-optimal life full of bad decisions (if he was stupid).
P(n+1) is true because another good or bad decision can further affect your life and make you more or less successful.

Proven by induction.

Old people who are stupid and were stupid all their lives have nothing good to communicate. I don't give a shit if your old. If you're old and smart then I will listen to what you have to say because you have accumulated knowledge that it is valuable because it was found through intelligent means.

What can a retard learn by just living till he's old? He oscillates between retardation and normalfagy and during his life he learns what a normalfag is able to learn. Useless information. Fuck off you fucking retarded ape troglodyte mongoloid.

not being funny mate: you ought to check yourself into a home or something ASAP because you sound like a demented idiot

>the better your first job, the more likely every subsequent job will be worse than your first job irrespective of your performance
can someone explain what this pensioner is on about? seems he's suggesting that jobs are allocated by lottery (?) so that if you get a good one, it's more likely the next one will be worse

>the better your first job, the more likely every subsequent job will be worse than your first job irrespective of your performance. Your qualifications aren't necessarily going to align with your availability.
Don't you know how to manage your fucking time? You grow old and you go from job to job and somehow you get worse and worse jobs? How does that make sense?

Guess what, the world is like that for intelligent people who know how to plan and make smart decisions. If you're a retard of course you won't succeed. Go fucking die you geriatric fuck. You senile bastard. I can smell your piss-stained adult diapers from here.

You lack mouth control like you lack bladder control. Shit and piss and useless information come out of your mouth relentlessly. Hold it in you fucking dumbass, you're making a mess of words here.

t. geriatric old people asylum escapee
t. adult diaper commercial actor
t. parkinson's user
t. senile normalfag

what's worse than a normalfag? a senile normie
as if the stupidity he was born with wasn't enough now old age kicked in and is even more stupid

nigga you're accumulating debuffs, you were born with [Normie Curse] and now you have a DoT called [Senility] that's stacking over time

you need a shaman to [Purge] you

>this is what the demented mind of a senile brainlet normie can create

old age does not matter when the person who aged lived like a retard during his life
you learned nothing and accomplished nothing
you are a stupid brainlet, a normalfag
intelligent people who age accumulate information that only a genius can analyze and filter
normies who age are just monkeys that repeat the information they were bombarded with during life

normies are like a board at which you throw darts, some stick, some don't, it's all random and stupid and there's no intelligence involved

You senile bastard get your geriatric ass to the asylum, NOW!

Heh. You're definitely going to go far.

what's going on in this thread

UCL doesn't count mate

I'll be starting there this October

What's your general consensus on Imperial. I hear it's not a great place to be, but an amazing place to graduate from, but I'm sure different students have different experiences

suck my pig you old, deprecated normie

depends what your aim is

if you want money or a career then it's brilliant. half of my friends (also engineers) are going straight into investment banking. others went to rolls-royce/bae systems/ARM/etc.

they are also liberal with funding and if you have an interesting project they'll pay for it. the labs are decent as well.

everything else is shite, especially the people. make sure you make a good, tight group of friends early on otherwise you'll be depressed and drop out in no time. I've heard UCL is much kinder to their students.

sorry, you're right of course

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poznań_University_of_Technology
R8

>that serious lack of citation

mate...

sorry to say but I doubt anyone has heard of that university except its own students

why are you going there?

yellow male detected

t. oxford

statistically speaking that is a very good guess. wrong though, as I am a white male of anglo-slavic origins

yes, I am the 1%

applied there but those faggots rejected me outright for having shite GCSEs

Doesn't mean shit. My uni isnt even ranked and i see a lot more things than american engineering students. You uni name only matters when it comes to networking, but if you are smart you will get good jobs anyway. I'm talking about engineering, i don't know how other degrees work

cheers man, im really hyped to start imperial because a few of my closest friends from sixth form are either going with me or going to other unis in london

gotta get them grades first

>tfw country only has 3 unis in top 500

>fell for the Melbourne 4 year bachelors degree meme

>mfw top 150 University

See y'all brainlets

Bump

>tfw small major
>tfw "big" schools for it are elite schools regardless, making it pointless to apply as you will be passed over for a law or engineering student
>tfw go to good uni for your degree but its a state school
>tfw field is growing and jobs are plentiful so it makes absolutely zero difference either way

agriculture is the future my fellow white brothers

UNSW and Melbourne Uni.
Im at Monash as well, and the uni is going down the drain

Australian National University is ranked 20th I believe

>Amerifags overestimating ENS because it just so happens some fields medalists went there.
>top lel
In reality, polytechnique is way better. More rigourous and thorough math education, combined with actual career prospects when you graduate.

I'm doing a prépa, and it's common knowledge here that the oral exams to apply for polytechnique are much more demanding than those to apply for ENS...

God forbid us non-French judge an institution based on its graduates instead of its entrance exams. You sound like a Pajeet right now.
>muh IIT has an acceptance rate of 0.000001%, so it's better than MIT

Also we're talking academia, not which school is the best wagecuck factory.