How pic related works?

How pic related works?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGcvxg7jJTs
youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The same as other ion drives but instead of xenon they use just photons which works the same way

It's not very efficient though, however it does have a virtually unlimited fuel supply

So we can travel to awesome planets soon?

youtube.com/watch?v=JGcvxg7jJTs

Not really. Like I said, it's not very efficient and it being an ion drive means it doesn't have very high impulse at all. This would be something you'd use on multi-light year journeys

Thanks for the quick rundown!

This is the sort of thing we need R&D labs and factories in space. You can do stuff in 0g that you wouldn't even dream of testing for or even noticing while on Earth.

It just works.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0

>If pic related works?

FTFY

Probably doesn't work.

The theory is it uses the energy of the radio waves bouncing around and makes them longer frequencies in exchange for momentum.

But it doesn't seem to work and recent experiments have been zero thrust.

>work
it doesnt

No joke...

I am literally working on this thing right now...

Theory, experiment, etc. at a university lab...

Funded, good progress, the whole nine yards...

I aint saying shit until I get the paper out though...

Sorry for being obscure, but no joke, I am publishing on this with data and theory in a little over a years time...

I am not making any claims as too validity, but the from the point of view of the field I work in, I took one look at this thing and new exactly what was going on... now I am testing it...

I am doing preliminary work right now, graduating in 2 weeks (phd), and then at my post doc I am gonna knock this thing (hopefully) out of the park...

If it works the way I think it does... I am gonna build a ship and go to mars!

RF-Photons are a kind of mass flow. Due to the shape of the cavity, we have an asymetric mass current. Now it turns out (not common knowledge in physics yet) that in analogy to amperes current law, a mass flow establishes a gravitomagnetic curled field. Due to the photons bouncing back and forth, we have a changing gravitomagnetic field, which results in a gravitoelectric field, which is just the usual gravitational field. Figure out the net direction of the created field and you can kind of see why there is is a gradient, aka force/thrust.

>graduating in 2 weeks (phd)
>no papers
mate your in trouble

>reddit spacing
>namefag
>ridiculously stupid claims

Seems legit.

>How pic related works?
Take faulty instruments "measure" the thrust and then claim it exist.

>multiple organizations including nasa believe it works
>Veeky Forums says it doesn't work

Hmm who should I trust

>Some engineers working for a branch of NASA think it might work

ftfy fgt.

No joke...

You should kill yourself...

Even at their worst reddit doesn't murder the ellipsis like that.

So you are smarter than nasa scientists?

Maybe, I don't know. I do know that I'm more knowledgeable than them, they're engineers looking at theoretical physics. Which means that I know that their "quantum foam virtual plasma" explanation was bullshit.

So basically you are full of shit

Well you can say that if you want user, it doesn't change the fact that it's only a handful of NASA engineers that think it [math] \color { red } { might } [/math] work. And most other places that have tested it seem to agree that it's, probably, bullshit.

>only a handful of NASA engineers that think it mightmight work

What are trying to say?

Oh I get it:
>All of JPL is Eagleworks

You aren't the brightest bulb in the box are you user.

But it works bro.

I have many papers... just none on the emdrive... yet...

how i type...
name fag for physics...
made no stupid claims and I AM working on these things currently...

ellipses are great because of the implication...

Can I just snap us back to reality?

Even if it does work, it travels through 3 dimensional space linearly.

With these kind of engine, the maximum speed you would be able to reach would be the speed you managed at 1/2 the distance to your desired location. Unless of course you wanted to fly right past it.

It's interesting technology in theory, but practically it's only use is for small, self-automating probes.

thats good enough for getting around our own solar system. we have this huge back yard that we've barely touched.

interstellar exploration is over rated. we got another 1000 years of just dinking around here.

>tfw

It doesn't

Even if it works, who cares aside from physicists?
Like, what are the applications of it?
Extremly long flights of very small objects?
Who cares?