If the sex ratio at birth for humans is suppose to be 50% then why are there common cases of families with 10 boys or...

If the sex ratio at birth for humans is suppose to be 50% then why are there common cases of families with 10 boys or 10 girls?

What influences the gender result, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/more-boys-than-girls-being-born-3320994
twitter.com/AnonBabble

those cases aren't common

the sex ratio is actually not 50%, more like 51% boys, 49% girls or something

apparently the size of the Y chromosome vs X chromosome is what influences it

boys have higher mortality in the early stages of life, as well as the latest stages of life

X and Y chromosomes.
>why are there cases of 10 boys or 10 girls
Because that's a small small point in the entire distribution. You suggested that such situations are common, do you have statistics to back this up?

>what determines gender result
Gene expression. It's still 50% chance of either one. Just because you flip a coin 100 times doesn't mean you'll get 50 heads and 50 tails exactly.

>there are entire families with 10 girls
Red herrings, an outlier doesn't change the fact that it's 50%

There are countless families where 1 gender is common over the other.
Often times the parent stubbornly makes 3-5 children trying to get the desired gender, but ends up locked on the other side of the chromosome.

>there are countless families where 1 gender is common over the other
Okay. There are countless situations where you can flip a coin as heads consecutively. The fact is that it's not common in the overall distribution of the sexes in the human population.

No they're still fucking outliers dude

No amount of shitty anecdotes will stop that. You don't get "locked into one gender"

It's actually 49% boys and 51% girls

What is the point of lying here?
The y chromosome being smaller might allow the sperms to be faster on average is my thought

thoughtco.com/more-boys-than-girls-being-born-3320994
yeah, same theory
if you are a male with an XYY karyotype you can produce let's see
X
XY
YY
sperm cells
meaning you'll have boys 2/3 of the time, assuming they live, which they most likely will imo

though that's not normal

some, otherwise normal mothers, have chromosome merges where they always will give birth to a down syndrome affected child

>The y chromosome being smaller might allow the sperms to be faster on average is my thought
Sperm don't carry a y chromosome. The egg does

Gender is determined by gene and protein expression at the time of conception

>if you are a male with an XYY karyotype you can produce let's see
>X
>XY
>YY
>sperm cells
>meaning you'll have boys 2/3 of the time, assuming they live, which they most likely will imo
How many males are struck with this in the world? Certainly not a significant number Ala still a fucking outlier

Those families simply kill the undesired gender.

>Sperm don't carry a y chromosome. The egg does
Wrong.

>Sperm don't carry a y chromosome. The egg does
my god

Families with 10 boys or 10 girls are probably a rare case, it's like throwing a coin and getting the same result multiple times.
That's the percentage of men and women in the world, the probability of having a boy is slighly higher (I don't think it's a whole 1%), but boys tend to live less.

>Ala

I really hope you didn't intend that to mean "à la" you mook.

Dude--- females are XX, males are XY, so the Y CAN'T come from the female, she doesn't have one.

Female supplies an X, male's sperm supplies either an X or a Y.

françaispédé detecté. vilain google translate.

probably something like one every 512 families with 10 children will be unisex...

holy fuck dude go back to middle school.

Guys, this has nothing to do with genes. It's the baby's choice what gender it is.

The flux of gender results demonstrated by your statistics is ableist.