Pluto is not a planet, deal with it

Pluto is not a planet, deal with it.

>inb4 buttmad Plutoies try to argue against this

plutophobe detected
back to >>>/sun/

t. Plutofag

Pluto may not be big enough to fit your definition of a planet; but she has big heart, which is arguably more important.

bump

Pluto sucks anyway

Why not? Because some fucking nigger says so? Fuck you, and fuck that dumb Affirmative Action coon.

t. Triggered Plutoie

When I was a kid, Pluto was a planet.
Now that I'm an adult. Pluto is still a planet.

Childhood is thinking pluto is a planet, adulthood is realizing that Neil Degrassi Tyson makes sense

I agree that there's no good non-historical reason why Pluto should be a planet, but the IAU definition of a planet is pretty dumb.

Pluto and Charon are a Binary dwarf planet system.

the barycenter is between them instead of inside the bigger object. so they wobble around that point.

Mike Brown, just stop.

Personally I'm for making Pluto a planet again. Not by changing the definition of planet to fit pluto though. I think we can all agree that destroying Neptune and all the Kuiper Belt objects so that Pluto fits the definition will end the debate and make everyone happy.

Who cares what the label is

It's still out there, nothing happened to it

Charon is a mass relay though.

this. pluto is a literal piece of shitty rock. the only reason normies get angry about it is because they're too stupid to think about all the other cool complicated shit

Only fucking site I can find of people being unironically this mad about Pluto not being classified as a planet. Jesus.

Just google Alan Stern.

Pluto's size qualifies as a planet, it's Pluto's orbit that created the debate.

Pluto is a planet.

Pleas stop believing n what CNN tells you.

Pluto has been observed several times and NASA has pictures of it. Just because your shitty telescope can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Only brainlets and flat-earth morons claim that it doesn't exist.

>He thinks the opinion of some jackass that nobody's heard of even matters.

>fuck he made me look like a retard, better pretend a well known astrophysicist is a nobody

Americans want to jerk themselves off to the idea that they discovered a planet, but it just won't work. Try again sweetie.

That is a matter of who finds Planet Nine first.

ur mom is tho

Planet Nine from Outer Space? lmaooo

But what is Eris

Pluto is a planet because there is no good reason for it not to be.

I saw a few months back a nice proposal to make anything big enough to assume a more-or-less sphere an official planet -- we have over 100, by that definition.

Just think, all the excitement when some dwarf star has maybe 5 planets, and we suddenly have a hundred!

This. Don't just yell at scientists to get your way, take the proactive route. Destroy everything that keeps it from being a planet.

checked

Besides a better understanding of what our solar system is, and that Pluto and its brethren in the Kuiper belt are a different family of objects from the 8 planets.

Uh, no, the IAU was just fine with it being a planet until Eris et al were discovered, and they were like "Aw, hell, naw" so they changed the definition of what a planet was to keep the number artificially low.

"planet" is not as well-defined and sharply-delineated a concept as we once thought, deal with it.

Actually it is, hydrostatic equilibrium and orbiting a sun.

The debate is if their location in a solar system and interaction with other objects in a solar system should be part of the qualifier.

>Actually it is, hydrostatic equilibrium and orbiting a sun.
How many planets are there in our Solar system?

Either 8 or ~110 at current count.

Is Eris a planet?
Is Ceres a planet?

dude my dad is from pluto if pluto isnt a planet then why am i alive?

You're a midget aren't you?