Is there any truth to this?

Is there any truth to this?

I hope so, I'm probably going to die from that if not.

No. Udergrad lackey looking at test tubes "on the verge"

Everybody is on the verge of everything.

>Student has researh potential.
>Does research in colon cancer.
>Ergo he is destined to cure it.

It's a clickbait title because a title like "Minority student performs above average in research electives" would be boring.

Breakthroughs in medicine are not single man approaches. It is rather done by the accumulation of research that eventually culminates into something groundbreaking. People like creating heroes, so they usually over-emphasize a single individual as a god-send when it's rarely that simple.

Also, I wish the "cure for cancer" meme would die. Not only is cancer not a single homogenous entity, but we already have a cure for colon cancer. It's called surgery and quemotherapy. The treatment can unfortunately be limited by the progress of the disease, so different treatments for different stages might be necessary, and newer medication may offer a higher chance of remission than older medication, so research is indeed important. But the idea that cancer is incurable disease that can be solved by a single breakthrough is ignorant.

Acording to media, we have been having cures for cancer, AIDs, ebola, picornavirus, fagotry... for years.

We are also suposed to have biocomputers, nanotube estructures, aerogel airplanes, AIs, cold fusion, plasma engine spaceships...

And if we go to 1972 we are also suposed to be on the moon and colonizing the deepness of the seas.

As a conclusion; until you can buy it with your money and have it in your house accomplishing all it said it would do you can start thinking that there is some truth to it.

So if you see anything like in your pic, is pure bullshit and just pop-sci or clickbait for retards who wants to live in fantasies.

hype news AKA clickbait with no real context

Fucking horrible, cancerous science writing.

Oh ok I see where this is going.
It's sad that people can't have decent and logical conversations anymore without bringing hateful bias into it.

>May one day

I may one day have a cat slave girl. Maybe probably not though.

the only cure for cancer is to replace your organic body with machine.

>Acording to media, we have been having cures for cancer, AIDs, ebola, picornavirus, fagotry... for years.
We have been curing cancer for decades. Trouble is, there is more than one type of cancer, probably several hundreds, and each have to be solved separately.

Breast cancer would up to recently certainly lead to masectomy and even then prognosis was dire. These days masectomy is less common and prognosis is getting quite good while insight into spreading is also improving dramatically.

There is a reason why life expectancy is improving by 2 months per year, up from 1 month per year earlier.

Is that the same guy who invented watermelonium?

>big dicc
>genius
how can white bois even compete with this yung blacc bull?

Oh I forgot to add this credential to his resume. Thanks very smart person. You're very not helpful at all.

PS I love you.

Finally

Synthetic watermelon

>literally can't even spell chemotherapy
>thinks it's a great cure for anything
guess we need more nogs in science if guys like you are going to be carrying the torch

>image has a white dude
>Nobody says a thing
>image has a dindu
>W-WHAT THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS HOW DARE THESE NIGGERS DO SUCH THINGS? THIS IS CLEARLY A SIGN OF THE WHITE GENOCIDE FUCK THE JEWS DAY OF THE ROPE WHEN

>literally no one said that

go back to with your weak racebait.

>literal race bait thread
>accuses me of baiting

You are not fooling anybody, stormcuck

You have to go back

No. These clickbait "chosen one" articles are vile.

if the image ha a white dude than thats normal since we do everything

In a way, yes. It is not implied that he will do it, so it's like saying the physician your parents took you to see when you had a flu as a kid could cure it. You could do it, I could do it. If there is a cure and if it is found, then any researcher could have found it, and any person could have had the intuitive idea but lack the capacity to do it. It's true he can find it. It's true he won't, he's a nigger.

the entire point of the article is that he's a minority you mong.

what are his "previous successes" at 19? does the article go into detail? what does any of this have to do with colon cancer? give me actual science.

>may one day hoold the key to curing
>is well on his way to becoming the kind of scientist who leaves a lasting impact

Sounds like he has done fuck all. And they are just giving him good boy points because he decided to become a scientist while being black. Like a little boy who build a toy rocket and his parents tell everyone that their son will be an astronaut one day. I don't know, maybe there is more context in the actual article, hence OP is a faggot.

>quemotherapy
kek

I missed it senpai lmao!!!

>It's true he won't, he's a nigger.
kek

Why are you holding Veeky Forums responsible for explaining the stupid antics of a clickbait news source? Why are you so easily triggered by said clickbait? Get a life dude.

ayyyy~!

The cure could be discovered tomorrow, and it still won't get to see general use before you died.

>We have been curing cancer for decades.

In the same way as saying that we have a cure for necrosis because we know how to amputate limbs.

But anyway, it was a broad statement in the sense the media usually portrays: One single, definitive breakthrough for everything that came out of individual talent and efficient working systems that are somehow related to the nation colective prowess.

Its not that the image has a dindu.

Its that the article is about dindus and probably wouldn't have been written in the first place if the guy was white, and at this point, asuming that there is an ideological agenda behind it is something that wouldn't even need proofs.

Read the first fucking sentence, it's pandering to MUH PROGRESSIVE tumblrinas and blatant clickbait.

Men can dream though

maybe hes Brazilian?

go look at the 'next Einstein' thread, its a white person yet we are just as mean to the shitty 'journalist' as in this thread.

and please dont go to pol, we have enough shills there as it is.