Flat Earth

Flat Earthers, to preform an experiment to give evidence towards the flat earth, can you guys get a ship, sail it around the lower longitudes, record the length traveled, then sail around a longitude lower than that, recording the length traveled, and then compare the two lengths? And if you find that the higher longitude is larger in length than the lower longitude than what would you conclude?

To explain, if the earth is a globe than you would expect the higher longitude to be longer in length than the lower longitude. But if the earth is flat, than the lower longitude should be larger in length than the higher longitude.

You're not helping.
First, you mean It's higher and lower *latitude*.

Second, you have to stipulate relative to the equator. A circumference at a set latitude of 10°N will indeed be larger than a circumference at a more northerly latitude. It will also be equal to a circumference at the same latitude south of the equator. And farther south of that, then your point of being a smaller circumference will kick in.
If you're going to be a smart ass, start with smart.

Flat Earth is eternally disproven through Earth's axial precession

the simple fact of there explanation for the sun setting by "perspective", if this where true it would shrink and "pop" out of sight (sorry for the onomatopoeia i'm tired.) but in our universe this is clearly not the case for it dims over the horizon and slowly is covered up by your vision being obstructed by the earth.

So this proves a non-local curvature and if a curvature is non-local and observable over the entire surface (not a cone or cylinder) then it must be a sphere.

I am impressed that you made sense out of
's
gibberish.

This post is pointing out the fact that sunsets are impossible in the flat earth model.

Flat Earth believers use the nonsensical explanation that the sun sets because of "perspective", it is reaching the "vanishing point" when it goes over the horizon. This is a complete and deliberate misrepresentation of how perspective works.

>preform an experiment
The best way to shut up flat earthers is to challenge them to perform actual experiments on their own.

They won't accept any second-hand evidence, so they would need to gather evidence first hand, by travel and careful observation. However they'd just rather sit and post their ridiculous image macros and link overlong videos.

here you go, retard. drone capture of the edge of the world south of tasmania. you'll just childishly deny this objective evidence because you were raised blinded by a biased system with an agenda to push. sorry it doesn't fit your narrative.

In a flat earth model is there a magnetic monopole at the Arctic?

>Obvious roleplaying

all ad hom and no argument. I'm used to it from people like you. not surprised, just disappointed.

>religious roundists still don't have an answer as to what happened to the dinosaurs

>ad hom[inem]
Right. 'Cause none of us has ever heard the insightful arguments of flat-Earthers before.

>Eratosthenes experiment same result on flat earth
how?

Sorry I was pretty sick yesterday. I always get confused on latitude vs longitude. Thanks for setting straight.

His experiment uses only two points of reference. The shadows observed therefore can be replicated on a flat Earth with a near-by Sun. This is where the flat-Earthers end their logic.

The experiment was never designed to proved roundness (three points would work for that). It was assumed already that the Earth was round, and E. figured out how to calculate its size, and came pretty darned close.

Yikes - hope you're feeling better.

I swear to christ the people making anti-flat earth posts are the same people making pro-flat earth posts

Nobody gives a fuck about this or actually thinks they can convince roleplay cancer from /pol/ with scientific evidence, it's just the same circlejerk restarting their thread over and over

a fun project could be to get people from all over the world at some certain date to put down sticks in the ground, take photos of the stick and the shadow

I'm not flat earth supportive, if that's what you're implying. I just think this would be the easiest way to test both theories and find which one is right once and for all.

Thanks! I am. I'm not spewing shit six times per hour now!

Yeah... forgot about that. And if we did the experiment they might just say we're part of the conspiracy.

This

Are
planets
Moons
Sun
Stars
Nebula
Exo planets
Asteroids
Comets

Flat too?

but this is another ad hom paired with a straw man image.

do you have an argument?

>heh I know, I'll just tell Veeky Forums posters to buy a boat, if they don't it means i won the argument

>straw man.
Nope. Many of those arguments routinely come up in a flat-earth discussion.

I demand flat earthers travel to the Antarctic south pole and take a picture of the edge of the world or shut up forever.

I could do the same thing with natural selection and lamarckian hypotheses. citing wrong hypotheses I am not making and knocking them down is a textbook definition of a straw man.

do you have an argument? I doubt it, given you made an ad hom argument after being called out for making an ad hom argument, and then only pretended to know what "straw man" means.

see

okay, so you're retarded and can't tell what a CGI image looks like.

maybe /sci isn't a good place for you.

>i-it's CGI!
says an increasingly nervous man

real picture fake picture if you really can't tell the difference then you have mental issues.

I agree. is a real picture of a man next to a fabricated sign on a frozen lake somewhere. I could take a similar picture if I wanted claiming I'm on europa. it wouldn't mean I was on europa.

I stand by my original demand flat earthers go get a pic of themselves at the edge of the world or shut up forever.

and before you ask, no cgi shit that you google is not an acceptable substitute.

post a high res image you nigger how is a 807x377 image suppose to be taken seriously?

I can't take a picture of myself at the edge of the world because it's too dangerous. that's why we send drones.

yawn. do you have an argument? there are much lower resolution images in cosmology. does that mean mars isn't real?

I honestly can't believe mods haven't deleted this thread.

Wtf happened to Veeky Forums?

yes, delete everything that makes you question your narrative. remove natural selection education from the textbooks, it makes you question christianity.

sorry for challenging your beliefs.

Not when its taken by a drone, and you do not believe in space photos so why even bring that up ?
There are drone that do 4k now so a shit res image is 100% fake, even a garbage drone wont make an image like this, its clearly scaled down form another picture so it can pass as real

>because it's too dangerous
bullshit

you're just scared and lazy.

>I could do the same thing with natural selection and lamarckian hypotheses.

That's missing the point. A Bingo card is used to demonstrate typical arguments used by a certain faction in a debate. If you have better ones, great, but that doesn't change the fact.

I've seen plenty of flat earth threads, and whoever made that bingo card is spot on - it probably could be a little more harsh.

>I doubt it, given you made an ad hom argument
You have no idea what that means. If you're role playing, you suck at it. (not ad hom, just a fact). At least make it worth people's while.

>makes you question your narrative.
That the Earth is a sphere?

They usually delete these eventually. I don't know why they don't have a routine, sometimes these stay up for days.

It makes me want to cry when I see this flat-earth shit. It reminds me how fucking idiotic humans can be, and desu it worries me. Some of these people probably drive cars, or operate dangerous machinery. People's lives are at risk.

It realy is a mute point for your everyday live tho.

>I don't believe in photos
not a surprise that you don't believe in photos, then.

if it wasn't too dangerous, why aren't there more photographs?

have I made any of those arguments? no? then bringing them up is a straw man. baka man. literally just google the term and you will understand.

you still don't have an argument. implying someone is just roleplaying instead of attacking their argument is literally ad hom.

yes. cognitive dissonance is causing you to feel pain because your beliefs are being challenged. quit being a religious nutjob.

looks like you fell for the propaganda. "flat earthers are stupid and dangerous!!"

keep being a tool to the agenda, insect.

SO you still cant give any hi res image of the edge of the earth, even the real image you posted a sity downscale form ?

I already have, you just subjectively think my image isn't "good" enough. nor would you think any is, given you don't believe in space photos.

>if it wasn't too dangerous, why aren't there more photographs?

there aren't pictures of the edge of a flat earth because the edge of the earth isn't flat. But please go to the south pole and prove you and all your flat earth kind correct by being the first to take a picture of it.

or freeze to death, that works equally well.

hmmm what's this then?

its a computer generated fake you brainlet

>everything I disagree with is fake!!
>I have to rely on insults to push my agenda!
yawn

you truly are a disgrace to the species if you cant tell this is a fake

ad hom.
using the same amount of logic, I say that you truly are a disgrace to the species if you can't tell that it is real.

guys look this picture proves tree people are real. If you think its fake I will be a retard and argue about it.

I can't prove it isn't. you're beginning to learn.

>exposing yourself as the shit-posting troll that you are

0/10 low skill troll

2/10

makes sense

Its been deleted did anyone save the pic?

Why they always use some sort of photo manipulation though?

Many civilisations believed that the world was something other than a sphere, you cant just make that shit up there has to be something to it

The fact that this has 7 different and sincere replies not realizing the bait makes me want to die.

>pointing out the fact that sunsets are impossible in the flat earth model

Depends on the model -- a flat Earth with a sun orbiting it would experience sunsets, though you would then have other issues raised by the model that do not fit reality.

What is intriguing about that model is that it raises the possibility of dinosaurs dropping back out of a clear sky one day.

Longitude contains "long," and the lines are all as long a circle as can be drawn on a globe.

Theories have already been adequately tested. You can retest them for fun, but no additional proof is needed. It's round, turns out.

I don't think he was making an argument, I think he was just making fun of you.

Learn to tell the difference, it could save your life.

Most photos are taken from low orbits where the whole Earth does not fit in the frame. So you make a composite if you want a picture of the whole Earth as seen from that level.