Intelligence and Social Ability

Is there a reason why having high intelligence makes you a social retard? Any stories?
Also whaddaya think about this:
>100-110 IQ: Hard to understand science/math but easy with social interactions
>120-130 IQ: Slightly easy to understand science/math but slightly harder with social interactions
>140-150 IQ: Extremely easy to understand science/math but extremely hard with social interactions
>160-170 IQ: Almost no effort understanding science/math but utterly lost with social interactions
>180++ IQ: Brain primed for science since one day old, makes up theories/equations/formulas on the fly, but struggles being human

Wtf is this shit? Do you think that everyone who has a Phd in Math has 140-150 IQ and thus extremely hard with social interactions and thus a piss poor teacher?

Stop projecting. That's not true. Most geniouses I know have excellent math and social skills as well as being creative.

There is no correlation between high intelligence and no social skills. It is true that children with high intelligence struggles to interact with other children with a "low" intelligence. This is not because they don't have any social abilities. It is because of the intelligence gap.

Personally, a lot of friends of mine do not go to university and are actual brainlets. Every year I find it harder and harder to interact with them.

exactly

Life is not so black and white, friendo.

Even buff, dumb jackasses can have autist tendencies. (C.f. Veeky Forums)
Similarly, if you watch interviews of nobel prize winners, or leading mathematicians (or any other generally-accepted 'geniuses'), it's clear that you can't generalise all of them as having no social skills whatsoever.

Ultimately it's a skill. You get used to social norms and learn to react accordingly in particular situations. With practice you'll know what's appropriate and widely-accepted; but if you don't, that's what friends and family are for.

It's just proof that high intelligence is mild autism

>all these nerds in denial

++ IQ: Brain primed for science since one day old, makes up theories/equations/formulas on the fly, but struggles being human
>struggles being human

Christ, do you live in a fucking sitcom, OP

Besides,
>IQ

t. 119 IQ brainlet

Not true.

Because you have bad social skills you never relate to people on a relaxed level and always operate around them on high mental alert. You never form in jokes with them so the jokes they make appear stupid and infantile. Its like going into a pub and thinking you have better innate balance than everyone else but not drinking.

Literally sums it up. I moved to a new town and dont really get on with my new colleagues and ive started to develop this sense that im more mature and beyond them,and ive become more aloof and arrogant. But i know its not really true as in my hometown i had great friends who i would act relaxed and jokingly with. Our brains always try and justify our position to us.

Your arrogance is a defense mechanism. It's a reaction to being cast out. I know this feel too.

No i really know it, separation breeds a sense of superiority and thinking "i didnt want to be part of the group anyway". Which is why social autists assume its because they're hyper intelligent and have no time for silly games. But i know from my past its not true and when you are with good friends you do relax, let your guard down and dont act like you're in a debate all the time.

Im sure ill get over it, half the problem is I gained crohns shortly after moving and its meant i cant really go out for a drink with them and have to spend swathes of time at home.

no it is not

same

fuckk..

High intelligence does not mean poor social skills. However, many geniuses kept social interactions with others at a minimum because of the intelligence gap, like said.

It's hard for a person with high intelligence to talk with the average person because they're simply not on the same level of thought so whatever the subject, the average person's insight is usually very shallow compared to the more intelligent person's.

>Is there a reason why having high intelligence makes you a social retard?
it doesn't. intelligent people are able to understand social dynamics and use them to their advantage.

when an intelligent person is misanthropic, it's because they do not wish to put any time into stroking other people's egos.

if you desire sociability, and are unable to work out how to obtain it, that is because you are unintelligent. your pretentiousness is the result of cognitive dissonance in action. get over yourself.

einstein held a remarkable amount of discourse between his contemporaries. read his letters and interviews. he was very sociable, well-spoken and charming.

What an unqualified post.

it's a bait post. so yeah.

People with high IQs tend to have excellent social skills.

But like has already been said, high IQ people can find regular people boring.

Also, society as a whole tends to fear what they can't understand, and will ostracize more intelligent members of the species to protect their egos. Nobody likes to feel stupid.