This student died after taking LSD - (apologies for the sun)

This student died after taking LSD - thesun.co.uk/news/3366552/british-gap-year-student-lsd-death-canada-hallucination/ (apologies for the sun)

The article mentions he had 1.3micrograms in his system for every microlitre of blood, which would mean he had around 6,000,000 micrograms of lsd in his sytem, am I missing something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_death.shtml
dancesafe.org/lsd/
tripsafe.org/
drugs-forum.com/threads/safety-toxicity-of-lsd.1185/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Died after taking LSD" does not mean "the LSD killed him". Let's wait for an autopsy.

"A post-mortem examination carried out by pathologist Dr Susan Phillips in Winnipeg on September 3 gave the medical cause of death as LSD toxicity – something which Mr Stewart agreed with."

You can find LSD's [math]\mbox{LD}_{50}[/math] on Wikipedia or Erowid.

That doesn't really tell us anything though. Why didn't his friends die? What kind of damage did this "toxicity" do that killed him?

He was taking other drugs too and it sounds like he had a seizure or something. This isn't a full story yet.

The lethal dose is considered extremely high, but I'm also tired so maybe misinterpreting what it said, but if I'm right he'd have had to have taken about 30'000 tabs.

>Estimates of lethal doses of LSD are higher than 10 mg (10,000 ug) administered orally, more than 100 times a normal moderate dose of LSD (100 ug). The administration of this amount would require the ingestion of more than 200 units of street blotter, which typically contain about 50 ug of LSD (as of late 2010). LSD has been used by tens of millions of people over the last 50 years and has been administered to tens of thousands of patients in psychotherapeutic settings (mostly prior to 1960).
erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_death.shtml

lsd is one of the safest drugs if used correctly

source:
dancesafe.org/lsd/
tripsafe.org/
drugs-forum.com/threads/safety-toxicity-of-lsd.1185/

P.S. you're fucking stupid.

Happened in 2015 dude. It's as full a story as it's going to get.

The numbers certainly don't add up though. It doesn't mention the amount of acid he actually did. As you point out, the concentrations they mention would imply he was on roughly 50,000 doses which is easily $100,000+ worth of LSD. Of course such a high dose would be dangerous or fatal but where a 19 year old on vacation would find such massive amounts of psychedelics is questionable.

My guess is that both the coroner report and the article are sloppy, the kid died from some allergic reaction or some stupid shit he did and it just got reported as LSD because it was in his system, and the reporter wrote down the dose wrong and he was on like 10 hits or something.

Because frankly, with 6,000,000 micrograms in his system it seems more likely that he was killed as some sort of government black ops program than that some 19 year old stumbled upon 200 grand worth of acid and decided to eat it all himself at once.

I'm aware of this aggresive user, nor did I ever say it caused his death. I'm more concerned with how the numbers make no sense in the article.

>he had around 6,000,000 micrograms of lsd
what the fuck
how even?

I don't think any more really needs to be said. This is most likely correct.

After looking at the article, it seems the explanation is obvious: the author isn't very scientifically literate, and transcribed "1.3 micrograms per ml" as "1.3 micrograms per microlitre". That would put the total dose at more like 50 hits. Which is still a lot, but not unreasonably so.

It also isn't really enough to kill someone, unless they have some other sort of health problem but it seems likely the coroner noted the LSD, marked it as cause of death and didn't bother to do any more work and find the real problem.

Who the fuck takes that much unless they're suicidal though? Has anyone ever taken that much before? Fucking teenagers man.

I mean, just imagine sitting there taking 50-100 tabs one after the other. Of course now all the soccer moms and mr mackeys are going to comment "DRUGS ARE BAD MKAY!!!" without even knowing this.

He looks like a fag anyway.

>6,000,000 micrograms
isn't that like 0.000006 tons?

I should add though, even though he looks like a fag he's still WAY less faggy than all the pathetic junkies in this thread.

>am I missing something

You are missing the fact that you are posting from The Sun. Even though you pointed it out yourself. This must be some sort of extra special kind of stupid.

i mean, regardless of the means of acquirement, the fact remains that any substance ingested way over any reasonable means isn't subject to policy against typical use.

This, in this case, is clearly an abnormal case of LSD ingestion if this were all factually true. The drug if ingested normally under guidance and a regularly healthy person will be perfectly fine.

Plenty of hippies regularly take that much. I mean, not people with like, normal lives but, that's like 300 bucks worth of acid, they aren't complete bums.

It's not that huge an amount when you're dealing with liquid or crystal acid, just seems like a lot on blotters.

And nobody's sitting there taking one dose after another, you'd either eat several 10 strips at a time, probably all at once, or drink half a vial of acid or pour it into a drink. Or if you have crystal, that's about a thumbprint, just stick your thumb in the bag and lick it off.

says the nerd who's scared to try drugs, lol.

/thread

>thesun
Please stop giving these fucks money

I can't even imagine how high he was

You are new to drugs or something?
who said anything about tabs?

>what is hppd
>what is drug induced psychosis
>what is drug induced anxiety / depression / delusions
for fucks sake, drugs aren't safe
not even coffee or alcohol
if you want to be 100% safe, mentally sane and to function at peak performance you need to stop relying on substances, you shouldn't be a substance's slave

You have to consume a couple of grams. So with tbs, that would be pretty hard, he must've had access to crystal LSD.

The moron must've taken LSD in crystal form, as blotters never had anywhere near that amount (as the chemist/dealer would be throwing their money away).

6,000,000 micrograms is six grams. That's an absurd amount of LSD.

No tabs never have that amount because it's impossible to fit more than a couple hundred μg of anything on a tab of blotter.

This to be honest.

Precisely, also you'd be throwing away your money, or killing people, none of which are good for business.

/thread

sage

Veeky Forums

Most common way by far of getting LSD

I heard a story from a guy whose friend to a thumbprint at a rainbow gathering. Ended up completely consumed by hallucinations and unable to move for two weeks. Moaning and shitting himself the whole time

This kid must have been really tripping hard

>no fun allowed

6 kg of LSD inside his body? What the fuck?

That's like £2 million per kg in the UK.

ml = microlitre, brainlet

0.006 tons, brainlet

No, you fucking retard. six GRAMS.

No ml is millilitre

ml = mililiter
μl = microliter

This might be the first instance I've heard of someone actually ODing on acid, and I've read about some pretty fucking heroic doses of acid. Like licking the palm of your hand and dipping it in pure crystal and dosing that, OG Deadhead shit. I hope he got to see some weird shit before he died, at least.

Are you 12?

Must have been the craziest trip ever. I don't know if I want to know what it's like.

Actually blotter paper is the most common ROA, tab means it's inside gelatin newfag
Not 6,000,000 micrograms
It must have been powder and an accident or he decided it was a good idea to drink a whole bunch of vials.

>tab means it's inside gelatin newfag
"tab" can mean gel-tab or blotter-tab.

>tabs
>not making a water cooler's worth of LSD banana smoothie and drinking it all in 2 minutes
It's like you don't even trip

>tab means it's inside gelatin newfag
>being this ignorant

Everyone who takes LSD dies afterwards. Alas, biology.

Tab is short for tablet.

the guy probably made it himself or had a chemist friend. drugs are a lot cheaper when you can just make them.

>Gain esoteric insight into the xenogeometries of the dream-realm
>Transcend your material vessel before dictating the cosmic postulates to a scribe
What the FUCK was his problem?

these are tabs dumdum

Do you have any idea how much skill, time, and money it takes to manufacture LSD? No normal user would ever even consider making acid instead of buying it.

The set-up itself is a couple of thousand and you really want to be doing it in a clean-room... or so I hear.

Also you might want a degree in organic chemistry and some experience in mycology (as other sources of ergoline alkaloids, like morning glory seeds are almost useless)... or so I hear.

I don't think you need any background in mycology to "fail" at growing rye only to have it get infested with ergot, you SWIM-talking faggot.

Are you really that retarded?

Care to elaborate on that?

You are plainly ignorant about what it takes to make lsd, and you displayed that ignorance for all to see.

You need ergot yields high than those even present in medieval infestations.
To achieve this, you must collect your ergot (with understand of its life cycle) and proceed to culture them to collect a far larger amount of spores that occur naturally and proceed to infest your ergot that way.
Having mycology experience, or something similar removes trial and error and means the resulting lysergic amides produced are of a decent quality ensuring a high quality LSD is produced.
Put shit in, get shit out.
Or so I hear.

What's your source? I've been reading Uncle Fester's Guide to Practical LSD Manufacture.

And now you're an expert chemist? :^)