Can I make it rich with a math or computer science degree?

Can I make it rich with a math or computer science degree?

Other urls found in this thread:

liekoshiga.com/works/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CS and programming? Hell yeah. Math supplemented with something practical like finance? You bet!

Sci circle jerks over pure math and endless quibbling over p=np and whether or not 1 = .999999? I'll let you figure out if that's going to get you a job or not

Obviously yes. I don't even have to explain you why

You can make it rich without a math of computer science degree, so unless taking that degree damages you in some way, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to make it rich.

But if you mean making it rich by using the degree, there are three sides to it:
- getting a degree means social networking (unless you're a full blown autist, which you might be given the topic). You get to know people, people who might go places, and you might be able to piggy back on their success to reach higher incomes
- using the "status" that comes with the degree to have access to better employment or investment opportunities - or even better social networking opportunities.
- using the knowledge you get during the degree, or follow-up knowledge you may acquire on your own, to create a product, service or investment porfolio that will have tremendous return on investment.

You probably know where I'm going with this. Unless you're really good and ocd about your "trade" (math or CS), your best bet to make it rich is through networking, capitalizing on other people's genius or connections.

Depends on what you do with it. Applied math can get you work at NASA or SpaceX. Pure math, good luck trying to get tenure. With CS, as long as you know either Python, Java, or Ruby you can find work

nobody comes to Veeky Forums to try and make money shitposting. We come here to talk about what interests us because everyone irl would give us swirlies if we tried to debate or talk about theoretical math and quantum mechanics

no

If your hobby is posting on Veeky Forums, your odds of ever "becoming rich" are remote.

just find some algorithm to speed up production of something, find a partner and found a company to produce it cheaper and faster then others and you're rich

any degree only qualifies you to work below someone, the degree is not a path to the top, but perhaps a way to build capital in order to get to the top

You can make it rich without a degree.

A degree is something you get because you're interested in it.

It depends on other factors but in my case

>Math PhD
>any job I want
>300k starting

Not bad at all

Satan doesn't lie
Most people look at degrees wrong.

What in holy hell is that photo.

Hey user

I have a CS degree and I have a job I absolutely love making lots of money. I also was a turbo autist hermit during college and didn't even have to network or any of that bullshit, you can get by on talent alone in CS

uprooted tree photo with a blood red overlay.

how is the trunk of the tree penetrating his chest?

just a fresho woundo

From what I understand the image was fabricated by a Japanese artist well known for doctoring photos into surreal, nightmarish scenes.

liekoshiga.com/works/

If you can pass actuary exams or code yes. If not probably not

You need to give people a service (everyone needs an actuary, everyone needs web pages build for hundreds per page, everyone needs to lower their taxes bc they all hate govt) all these things a programmer/MATH student knows how to do from their courses

You can become an actuary. You can make more then a phd in physics or data scientistwho are the maths that make the most amount of money. Some of the people who worked in actuary made up to 400,000 a year. With all that much money, you can hire five personal bodyguards costing 70k a pop for security purposes.

Why would I hire 5 personal bodyguards

kek

Wtf is that?