Youtube

what youtube channels does Veeky Forums watch regularly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-q7EvLhOK08
youtube.com/watch?v=RENk9PK06AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None, I'm too busy shit posting.

Alex Jones and Rich Piana.

It's important to remind yourself daily that you are a member of an intellectual elite which is a shrinking portion of the population.

Pewdiepie
H3h3
Filthy frank
Threemilk t
Egg white
Videogamedunkey

I think that's all of them.

>HEY RICH PIANA HERE WITH ANOTHER EPISODE OF SMALLER BY THE DAY

A friend (Dovydas)

Tyrant Fashister
Morrakiu
Albert Shekelstein
Demography is Destiny
nillpro - Enfield
Red Ice TV
TrueMediaRevolution
National Vanguard Alliance
Pewdiepie

And my personal favorite:

Mumkey Jones

>sums up Veeky Forums pretty well

>

Bye

I remember when Pewdiepie was a meme answer. Now he's actually pretty based.

I really like James on Numberphile, I admire his passion.
I also like Mathologer a lot, too; explained Kakeyas needle problem better than numberphile.
Physics videos by Eugene (Russian last name)
And censored gaming.

Numberphile and constituate channels.
3Blue1Brown.
Videogamedunkey.
Redlettermedia.
Cody's Lab.
Sargon of Akkad.
Rebeltaxi.

Oh, and standupmaths. Matt Parker is an intelligent and funny guy.

>Real engineering
>Wendover productions
>Carykh
>GreatScott!
>StatedClearly

PopularMMOs

>reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=-q7EvLhOK08
i'm watch this to learn, how to divide by zero.

DaddyOFive

Pewdiepie - he puts out good stuff sometimes now.
iDubbbz
Life of Boris
Metatron (History stuff)
GemeniGuitar (Pretty good guitar lessons for my taste in music)

randytaylor69

elgintensity
Lui Marco
Wildberger
Mathologer
Numberphile
3blue1brown

The number #1 philosophy show in the world

Don't project you're retardation.

numberphile (good way to learn fun party tricks or to hear someone else explain their thought processes on a problem) and vsauce and related channels (like a fun documentary that explains things i mostly already know but in a fun way)

oh yeah i also watch redlettermedia as a friend simulator. when i used to play WoW obsessively i would watch preach gaming. Even though i havent played league since season 3, i still watched videogamedunkey LoLvideos until he stopped making them. I also watch warhammer 40k lore videos even though i have never played it. The lore is really fun its like a super dark space comedy where the protagonists always get shit on their head all the time. No one channel is good at the lore all the time imo but several channels occasionally put out interesting ones.

the patricians choice

>math(S)
ruined the entire fucking meme there

nile red
nurdrage
cody's lab
periodic videos
numberphile
3blue1brown

faggot

[01] Demolition_D
[02] Matthewmatosis
[03] Videogamedunkey
[04] Scott Manley
[05] 3Blue1Brown

P A T R I C K J M T

If we're talking strictly Veeky Forums-related, then

Electronics:
>xrobots
>EEVBlog
>mikeselectricalstuff
>photonicinduction
>bigclivedotcom

Makers/engineering:
>Cody'sLab (best guy going imo)
>AppliedScience (when he acc uploads)
>MariusHornberger (and that other dorky wood working bloke)
>NileRed (chemistry)
>LauraKampf
>AvE (my fave)
>practicalengineering
>ColinFurze
>HowToMakeEverything
>johnnyq90

Nature:
>EVNautilus
>Deep Look
>Smithsonian

Informative/popsci:
>kurzegesagt (however you spell it fuck)
>Second Thought
>ColdFusion
>realengineering
>wendoverproductions
>TwoMinutePapers

Space:
>VideosFromSpace
>IsaacArthur
>scottmanley
>PBSspacetime

I watch all of these guys and more regularly, I spend a disgusting amount of time on youtube hahah

great list dude, but any math/stat/finance/econ channels?

If this is bait, congratulations for a good bait. I'm not even fucking mad.

If this isn't then i hope your children die in a car fire screaming out your name

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T JAMES ON NUMBERPHILE MORE AAAAAAHHHHHH

I kinda just leave it to the recommendation engine. Here are a few channels that commonly pop up:

Alright ones:
>SciShow (duh!)
>PoliticalJunkie (focuses more on politics itself, governance, philosophy etc., rather than particular ideologies)
>RealEngineering
>Veritasium
>PBS Space Time
>wendoverproductions
>Random videos of Noam Chomsy and/or Steven Pinker

Take with huge-ass grains of salt:
>Adam Ruins Everything
>CGP Grey

Entertainment-oriented:
>Numberphile, Computerphile (I never watch these myself)

Avoid these:
TED (feel-good crap aimed at San Franciscans who want to feel smart)
BigThink (pretentious and superficial)
PragerU (conservative thinktank aimed at millennial voters - their success scares me)

Entertainment:
Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Last Week Tonight

some TED and PragerU videos are good, but theyre few and far between. The ted video about ugly music and using math to determine it was very interesting. The PragerU video about why classical standards in art are important was very good and interesting, too, even if I dont agree with all of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=RENk9PK06AQ

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Now this kids, is how you baitpost

ElginIntensity is a must, I imagine he's on Veeky Forums himself.

Computing Forever is also a decent channel

generally with PragerU videos, if you stay away from their political videos and their feminism videos that are presented by men, they have a lot of good and interesting videos. Christina Hoff Summers is a very interesting and intelligent woman who obviously knows a lot about feminism and knows how to critique it well. I can't remember any examples, but I do know that I've seen a video or 2 of some man critiquing feminism, and it came off as obnoxious and unintelligent, like they went in with a predetermined outcome of what they wanted and warped any statistics to fit the narrative they wanted. Same thing with almost all of their political videos (but the same can also be applied to most videos made by american liberals). The only political video I know of that actually seemed well thought out was this video on public school choice and teachers unions, and mostly because it was presented by a veteran of public school teaching and the teaching lobby.

youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU

also their videos on the 10 commandements are absolute trash. Im not a christian anymore, but I was raised in a very religious house and in almost no way is the video series done by the Dennis Prager intelligent, well thought out, or accurate. Anyone who has read the bible and has even a little bit of analytical thinking ability should recognize that this man is a hack at actually explaining things; he's only good for finding other people who actually know how to teach his beliefs well.

I don't exclude the possibility of them providing the occasional bit of interesting stuff, but at some point you have to set a lower limit of worthwhile content that you're willing to tolerate. I have a much better chance to learn something interesting by picking a random SciShow video than by carefully going through TED's catalog.

>Why is Modern Art so Bad?
I agree with the premise, but I still find the video lacking. Going deeper into the economics and history of art and developing the subject matter a bit more would have been welcome. All in all, I don't feel like I learned anything worthwhile from it, I already knew what modern "art" looks like.

Kek

I found the art video interesting because it gave a very very brief overview of art history and attempted to explain why art has seemingly taken a nosedive in quality, which due to my interests and studies is not something i had thought about. Since you actually seem to have been versed in art beforehand, naturally you would recieve no useful knowledge from it. Your reaction to the video is probably the same reaction we would both have to a khan academy video explaining the basics of derivatives and integrals.

Daxflame

DjAkademiks

Alpha Investments
Urban Farmer Curtis Stone
Grant Thompson
Food Wishes
Cody'sLab
LindyBeige
iBiology
Punished Props
Primitive Technology
The Wood Whisperer

Scishow
TYT
Today I Found Out

prager is fucking embarrassingly atrocious, especially that modern art video

>Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Last Week Tonight
these are even worse though

mde, tv kwa

Not him but PBS Infinite Series for math

It's like every time I look closer, I see more memes

Funhaus

>watching
>plebs who don't appreciate written texts

>TYT

Kill yourself

Don't get me wrong, he was really shit-tier for a really long time. I don't know when it started, but he got pretty self-aware at some point and stopped stopped using his formula of screaming into the mic and being LoLzSoRaNdUmB. I'm told it was around the same time Dunkey called him out in his video pointing out the cancer among YouTube gamers:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n83K-cHHg4

Then, there was the whole Wall Street Journal smear, after which he started talking about real shit and adult themes like money, life choices, and fake personas, though really, I subbed to him just to spite the SJWs at the WSJ. He's a cool guy who uses his power and money more responsibly than a lot of people would in his position. I don't really watch his videos right now, but I'd totally be down to hang out with him and chug a couple beers.

Dianna Physics Girl

He's a giant crybaby desu

GOOD FUCKING MORNING GODDAMNIT IT'S MOTHERFUCKING TOPOLOGY TIME

Guess my major.
>Photonicinduction
>Aussie50
>AvE (when I'm buying tools)
>James May the Re assembler
>EEVlog
>Druaga1
>Steve1989
>danooct1
>Rougeamp

That Disney contract they cut him off of was worth about 11 million dollars. I'd be a crybaby, too.

Professional cock sucker

>Steve1989

That's pretty....

Nice.

>the cucks shall inherit the earth

numberphile
daddyofive
vegangains
pewdiepie
h3h3
keemstar
filthy frank
brofesco

Prager videos concerning politics especially the black problem in america and the immigration problem in Europe are brutally honest and based in fact.

Every citation they make can be traced back to the source. Not sure why you would say their videos suck unless you're some buttblasted liberal, in that case:

>Inb4 conservashit racist drumpfkin

>Prager's political videos
>based in fact

Bitch please, they're full of politically motivated bias and obviously intended to make millenials ignore climate change and support military interventionism. As for blacks, I don't give a shit what they have to say, I'm not a 75yo crybaby who needs diapers whenever I hear a Rihanna song.