That guy who always complains about the course not being "hard" or "challenging" enough when everyone else is struggling

>that guy who always complains about the course not being "hard" or "challenging" enough when everyone else is struggling

Why do they do this? Aren't they satisfied with their perfect GPAs and "best undergraduate of the year" awards if they find the course so "easy"? Or is it just an ego trip?

is there any reason to go to college other than the easy ego trip?

if you were actually intelligent you would just start a successful entrepreneurial venture. might as well pay for a piece of paper that says "I'm smart!" if you can't do that.

>paying for uni

TOP KEK

>Why do they do this?

Have you considered asking them instead? But really, who gives a shit, mind your own studies.

They might be different but I vividly remember doing this to annoy brainlets. It was so satisfying to observe them seething in anger, especially as exams were coming up. :-)

They studied and worked harder than you so it just feels nice to let everyone know that they're better.

there extremely many smuglords in your average STEM course and most of them don't actually know shit. it's an ego trip.

People who study hard aren't good at all...
Yeah, I know you'll reply with the typical meme shit your parents tell you about working hard and succeeding, but this won't help you be good at sports when you're 5'2" as a guy. The same can be said about intellect, but since it is not a physical attribute, it is much easier to deny it and pretend it's about work.

Some people are naturally born to perform significant intellectual feats while some just aren't. You and OP belong to the latter category.
Maybe you could marry each other.

>They studied and worked harder than you
Wow, you really believe this... hard workers don't call anything "easy", they know what it takes to understand something better than anybody else. Otoh, insecure shitheads feel like validating themselves all the time, and are most likely the ones OP refers to.

>taking undergrad modern physics
>covers special relativity, intro to quantum, and a bit of nuclear physics
>class has one guy in it that took it before but failed due to a variety of reasons, he wasn't retarded by any means though
>felt over confident due to taking it a second time
>after first exam comes up to me
>tells me he got ~75%, while the average was about ~50%
>asks me what i got
>haven't had a chance to look at the score yet, so tell him let's see and flip the page
>100%
kek knocked him down a notch right on the spot. guy was alright though, he was my lab partner.

Did he ask you about how many times you had to retake the class?

How can I just "ignore them"? Every single day you hear in the news and social media how exams are supposedly getting "easier" and people have it so easy today.

Nigga, you need your own purpose in life, stop trying to live up to abstract ideals of being "intelligent", whatever the fuck that means. IQ doesn't mean shit, grades don't mean shit, being the first to understand new concepts doesn't mean shit. Just do your damn homework and study well, so you can get a diploma that is worth something on the job market.

no, but in the lab he bragged about my score for me, and some butthurt chink faggot muttered something about me having access to old material or such shit hence my high grade.

reality was that i used an unassigned physics book, university physics i think, and did additional problems in relevant chapters in addition to doing unassigned problems in the assigned book. i believe i looked up additional problems online, too. in all honesty, it was overkill since the course wasn't that difficult and the averages were absurdly low so getting a good grade was fairly easy. i ended up taking 3 more courses related to quantum mechanics later (physical chemistry 2, advanced thermodynamics, and quantum chemistry) so the extra effort spent wasn't wasted since it ended up solidifying the knowledge that i ended up using later.

* studying well is also important for your future job performance of course, I figured that much is obvious already.

>this is what brainlets actually tell themselves to cope

What kind of personal quality of yours is this post supposed to show, because all I see here is a desperate need for acknowledgement.

>he's bragging about aceing a course based on UNIVERSITY PHYSICS
KEK

>reality was that i used an unassigned physics book, university physics i think
learn to read, fagtron.

I meant the same level of content, brainlet

Gotta trash the competition. Last one to the end is a brainlet.

Nah I like to pretend something is easy when I studied my ass off, it makes you look smart af.

Not really, only insecure little bitches like OP are impressed, everyone else thinks "what a blowhard!".

Insecure people are the haters. I usually get praise and approval from my peers.

Reilly, is that you?

>that guy who always complains about the course not being "hard" or "challenging"

Literally me.

>Why do they do this

Because they aren't being challenged and want to learn more.

pic related is you
100% guaranteed

>Wearing cargo shorts on top of bluejeans
>Somehow fitting tennis shoes on top of sneakers
>No shirt
Damn, why are engineers so fuckin weird?

While you're worried about which clothes to wear in the morning, I'll be worrying about which job to accept.

unironically this

i cant stand it when i meet people doing maths as a degree that have the attitude of "when are we going to use this?" or "why doesnt this just end"?

Which Facebook image macro did you get that one from?

Okay

Enjoy trying to coast past any math class after analysis with zero study time while I put in a couple hours a day and keep getting the top grades in the class, brainlet

A B+ and A- aren't so bad. You didn't study or go to lecture, after all.

>that guy who always complains about the course not being "hard" or "challenging" enough when everyone else is struggling
You have just summed Veeky Forums up in one greentext.
Don't worry about that. It's mostly just arrogance and feigned intelligence.

Because you go to a brainlet sub top-5 school.

Any school where you can get As in Maths or Physics without studying is a garbage one, or an American one. (what's the difference)

I mean, Americans actually take the Calculus sequence, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra in UNIVERSITY. It's pathetic.

OBSESSED

t. "diff eqs in 1st year" american intellectual

I've seen students like this. The best part is the look of utter despair and frustration that comes upon them in the instances where the assignment or test is actually challenging and they didn't get the maximum score in the class. I've literally see one begin to sweat and glance around the room in a panic after grade statistics were released.

I generally am the one to "break the curve" in these instances, but the minor amusement I might obtain from revealing myself isn't worth the risk that they'll off themselves later that night. I don't need that on my conscience.

How's undergrad at Flyover State University going?

t. would sell his firstborn for a green card

Nobody will take you seriously looking like an autist

>Why do they do this? Aren't they satisfied with their perfect GPAs and "best undergraduate of the year" awards if they find the course so "easy"? Or is it just an ego trip?
insecurity of course

Man, you're IQ must be like two thousand!

I think it's an entitlement thing. I'm a brainlet geology major who's approaching late 20's. I never went to school and was a fuck up. Now I'm back and actually trying. I went to community college and transferred to a pretty good school.

The majority of kids are "smart" as in they did well in high school and their parents told them that they were geniuses. I find they all have huge egos and think that because they're taking physics 2 or can name some obscure paleozoic organism that they're God's gift to man.

I think that is probably what you're coming across OP. Don't feel too bad though... most of them are insufferable to be around and would never get hired by a private institution.

I do not concern myself with the opinions of brainlets, it just isn't worth worrying about. All my friends don't care about being "fashionable" either.

i'm insecure about the value of my undergraduate degree as well

>that guy who always complains about the course not being "hard" or "challenging" enough
>Or is it just an ego trip?
They're just looking for attention.

People who enjoy the course but find it too easy are either going to push themselves to cover more of the subject and get into discussions about it, or they're going to find other stuff to do in their spare time. Running around telling everyone the course is too easy is just pointless bragging.

They're just assholes. I never did that.

>most of them are insufferable to be around
Yes
and would never get hired by a private institution
No

Having this opinion? Because a lot of courses are dumbed down and if you are motivated and really excited about your field and want to learn more, then they bore you.

Complaining to other students? Autism

Kek I do this! The point is that people like me can never really tell whether we are actual geniuses or we are good because we just study hard.

>exam coming up
>an obnoxious classmate simply memorizes the exercises we've had during the course
>oh maan this is SO EASY, these integrals aren't HARD, THD is super easy HAHA
>exam comes up
>the results come in
>he got an F
>GEEZ it would have been EASY but in that ONE question I had the circuit the other way round
>and those THEORY questions, maaan, I just study 2 nights so I did not give A FUCK
>whaaat MAAAN I am supposed to just KNOW the formula for double angle?
>and those exam questions WERE NOT COVERED IN EXERCISES WHAT THE FUCK

>tfw i do this even though i study 100times harder than everyone else and secretly go to study groups

I used to be this type of person. Didn't really need to study, but kept up the perfect GPA.

My entire life people treat me like I'm good and perfect and I eventually got fucking sick of it. So, to get people to hate me, I pissed them off by bragging about my grades. It's to cover for the insecurity of, "If I didn't brag about it, they're still probably thinking the same thing anyways. I might as well give them a reason to express themselves to me directly".

And I was right. People hated it.

If I wanted to make people feel better about themselves, I would purposely lie about my own grades. Give them a reason to brag to me. I'd congratulate them in sincerity, and we'd develop this little rivalry. We'd end up being friends.

And it worked.

It's this type of stuff that gets you attention. And what I really needed back then was the scorning type of attention. I was insecure, and that's how I solved by insecurity.

Is there a better way to do it? Probably.

Should you hate those who do it? Probably.

Does that make them any less human than you? Nah.

t. lazy ass in denial

autism; inability to into autodidactism, having to rely on others for self-validation

nigga you a brainlet compared to Gauss and Newton, how do you cope nigga?

>nigga

>i cant stand it when i meet people doing maths as a degree that have the attitude of "when are we going to use this?" or "why doesnt this just end"?
Because they have a clear goal they want to achieve and this particular thing does not help them reach it in any way.