Race

Is he right, Veeky Forums? Has /pol/ tricked me into hating niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

humancond.org/papers/nisbett12_intelligence_new_findings
researchgate.net/publication/230828068_Group_Differences_in_IQ_Are_Best_Understood_as_Environmental_in_Origin
humancond.org/papers/nisbett12_intelligence_new_findings,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genetic_Diversity:_Lewontin's_Fallacy
eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ883450
researchgate.net/publication/226651711_Estimating_Cognitive_Gaps_Between_Indigenous_and_Non-Indigenous_Australians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all the variation in the human species did only occur in the last 20,000 years. I know there was some cross breeding with other hominid species in Asia and Europe but I don't know what the magnitude of that impact was.

The differences in people of every color stem mostly from educational and cultural differences.

Kek that fucking statement

yes
/pol/ has tricked you through mostly false data and entirely false interpretation of it

Same species. But different breeds. I wouldn't put a chiwawa in a dog fight. And i wouldnt put a pitbull near a toddler either. Different breeds of species have different genetics and typical characteristics, either shown mentally or physically. If different breeds of humans don't exist, then why are the best 100m sprinters on the planet, African. And why do Asians dominate in academics.

That's what the "evidence of common sense" tells me, but these two deny it

Because white bois don't work hard.

People who are dedicated to fighting racism go to far when they assert that race does not exist. Anthropologists can identify race by examining skeletal remains, their are genetic differences that relate to things like prevalence of certain conditions in certain racial populations, such a s sickle-cell anemia and the genes that cause it.

A more correct interpretation would be that race is real, but racial differences are not really all that important -- we have way, way more in common than any racial differences or variations.

>we have way, way more in common than any.. differences or variations
I could say the same thing about my dog and I. That doesn't actually mean anything and sounds like egalitarian propaganda

>sounds like egalitarian propaganda
yeah, well we live in an egalitarian society and science has long since been shackled by that society.

yeah but your dog and you couldnt fuck and have a baby

they do, but they don't falsify the hypothesis. they merely deny the existence of genetic differences that lead to different dominance hierarchies in real psychological categories and they fail to acknowledge environmental effects on genes and said psychological categories.

the debate isn't over. what is clear is that there are clear genetic differences amongst races that lead to physical and physiological differences. How these affect psychological categories like intelligence, conscientiousness/industriousness is unclear. The tools that we have at our disposal are test-based methodologies efficient at establishing strong correlations between test performance and preformative success in larger disciplines. Which gives you a reliable statistical database, but far from shedding light on cause-effect relations. Which is why you should be weary of how to interpret the database.

Left's problem: Ignorance is strength
Right's problem: Intolerance is strength

why does he make that skin color argument, it doesn't really help his cause because that thing in particular is literally genetic

/pol/ is a shithole, you shouldn't take anything posted there remotely seriously. That said, race does exist (duh!), it just doesn't happen to pe a good justification for hating entire populations of people.

The term "race" even in taxonomy is a very hand wavy term. It's relative. Stop using it if you want everyone to agree with you on anything because it is a relative fucking term.

What's the proper term?

>sounds like egalitarian propaganda

I would accept "egalitarian," guilty as charged.

I'd dispute "propaganda," I'm just a guy posting on a Lithuanian cave painting forum, propagandists would be working in a larger arena.

You seem so authoritative -- do you speak from bitter experience?

It is interesting that everything he says in that quote is a refutation of the idea that racial differences are important, rather than a refutation that they exist. He is saying, in essence, "Race doesn't exist, because race is not important!" His mangling of the logic there would be handy evidence to throw in the face of somebody who asserts that whites are inherently smarter than other races.

noooo bill nye don't do it

it's all semantics

I guess "breeds" exist then. if all dogs are the same "race".

s-shut up brainlet

who cares about taxonomy stamp collecting shit anyway. you can look at race stuff with population genetics in a much quantitative manner. take a look at some principal component analysis on population genetic data

I dont give a fuck how much /pol/ thinks it can infiltrate this board.

I'm happy to be here morning, noon, and night to persuade people against going down the inequality rabbit hole. Believing races have different IQs isn't just stupid, it's wrong. And even if the races did have such differences, it would any reasonably moral person's duty to keep that fact under wraps. There are some ideas to which even lying and concealment are preferable.

Yellow text and above is obviously correct.

Almost nothing below the yellow text is right.

>/pol/ false flagging again
wew

>warosu.org/sci/thread/8833056#p8834310

I'll add 2 things to the above interesting list, though there's many more

>humancond.org/papers/nisbett12_intelligence_new_findings

>researchgate.net/publication/230828068_Group_Differences_in_IQ_Are_Best_Understood_as_Environmental_in_Origin

anyways, people are free to read the articles in the linked post and those two, make up their mind

you won't like the conclusion

>Believing races have different IQs isn't just stupid, it's wrong

It isn't though. Extrapolating from averages and attributing this to all the objects that are part of a set is stupid and wrong. Believing it stems from biological differences is wrong. All you can do is declare yourself agnostic with regards to the cause.

This fucking image macro makes me think of climate change.

CC scientists have an almost-total "concensus" on objective fact which is really fucking weird to begin with. But because their "science" is hopelessly politicized, so are their conclusions. Ergo we must suspect any argument that AGW is disasterous, because that is exactly the sort of conclusion scientists need for their goals (massive public funding of science initiatives, to combat AGW)

Likewise, the race thing. The "consensus" is that we are all one species, we can all breed with one another and therefore the races are a myth. This ignores common observation sense (aggregate differences in ability between the races) and requires burying the idea that maybe, MAYBE, some humans have more Neanderthal DNA than other humans. any evidence that suggests we are not all cut from the same cloth? Verboten.

These two issues, Eugenics and Climate Change, are too politically charged to extract truth at this point.

>We're on A FUCKING PALE BLUE DOT BRO

>lynn data
lol

About the "persisting gap" in SAT scores.
It does persist.
Converting it to an IQ scale we see pic related.

BUT, it is entirely wrong to compare across income simply because of selection bias.

As you can imagine people taking SAT scores in the lowest brackets are some of the brightest.
People taking SAT scores in the higher brackets ARE NOT selected like this. Everybody there will take the SAT. Read the above again and again until it makes sense.
Basically the lower class sample is an elite sample, the middle class samples ARE NOT.

What the chart shows is that there is ~10 point IQ gap. Consistent with the study in humancond.org/papers/nisbett12_intelligence_new_findings, blacks have closed in 5 points the last few decades.

Thank you for BTFO'ing yourself.
Your other infographics are of similar "quality".

>Extrapolating from averages and attributing this to all the objects that are part of a set is stupid and wrong.

If there are no races, what's the excuse?

>unironically using the term breed to refer to people
>thinking "African" is a single cluster
>thinking that sampling from the extremes of distributions ("fastest sprinters") tells you much about the overall distribution

The vanishingly small difference in athletic performance of one group in particular (in this case it is a particular location in Africa - i forget which) only becomes apparent when the tiniest of differences matter.

>Is he right, Veeky Forums?
No, he's referring to a 45-year-old hypothesis that has long been disproven. What we commonly term as "race" is genetically demonstrable.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genetic_Diversity:_Lewontin's_Fallacy
>You have a moral duty to lie when the truth is sociologically inconvenient
Wew lad

Hey guys donate to my foundation:

The White-Guy Sickle Cell Research Foundation

>There are some ideas to which even lying and concealment are preferable.
Fuck off

>all
nice straw man. literally nobody does this.

I think the issue with this statement and many others like it is the fact is that it not only completely ignores the real problem, but grossly misinterprets it. Racial tensions do not arise from "oh he or she is this specific skin color I don't like him because of this" it's more so from the fact that black and white people have an almost diametrically opposing lifestyles that get in the way of one another, and threaten one another's livelihoods. I feel like that's why blacks people who have a white personality get along better with white people, and white people who have a black personality tend to get along better with black people.

TL;DR
Our issues with one another are much deeper than "LE LIGHT FRAGMENTS BOUNCING US"

>le egalitarian bachelors degree man

this is either masterful bait or pure retardation

Die of your guilt and be born as a cuck.....who am I kidding you are still a cuck

>No, he's referring to a 45-year-old hypothesis that has long been disproven.
Actually he did not refer to Lewontin's argument at all. But nice try, /pol/tard.

True, but intent aside, the post itself does capture a sincere belief, even if it is not always expressed so clearly, which animates the left worldview.

On the contrary, I postulate an opposing value system: that which can be destroyed by the truth should be.

I WISH genetic difference was the reason why blacks are so stupid and so far behind

As a black man, I had accepted that black people were just inferior to most other whites, due to genetic differences. Then I had the displeasure of reading Intellectuals and Race by Thomas Sowell.

>inb4 "nigger trying to deny genetics"

On the contrary my Veeky Forumsentific friend, I was satisfied with thay conclusion because it practically gave me an excuse to accept how my people are. We're barbarians because that is how we are hard wired...or so I thought.

Sowell explains, with evidence, that there are three main factors when it comes to races and how they advance and act: geography, trade, and culture/society. Blacks, at least in africa, had the excuse of lacking in trade (which exposes your people various advancements), geography somewhat (yes africa is rich in resources but the big ass desert and lack of beast of burden are some examples) and a culture that dances around fire to make it rain explains why they are so far behind.

But for some reason, blacks in western civilizations are advancing much slower than other groups. Hell in some areas, we're slipping backwards. Why? We have access to all three of those advancements so what is wrong?

Simple: we fucking want to be ignorant. We cling to the past and our horrific culture as if it is the entire purpose of our race. We choose this barbarism. Native Americans have the same problem.

I wish I knew how to fix this problem, I really do. But until blacks learn to let go of the past, shit is not going to change. Until then, we will continue killing, raping, stealing, and leeching off others until civilization is drained.

Slavery was a mistake. Not because it was a horrible injustice against humanity but because Africans were not ready for Western civilization.

What do you think of this quote:

>I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.

Do you think it's a lack of philosophical education? Without a formal education in philosophy, children only have their parents and peers to learn from.

Do not conflate the set of cultural and ethical values with psychological categories such as intelligence.
I am not claiming that IQ tests are a perfect indicator of intelligence, but a mere tool for revealing strong correlations between scores and preformative success in larger fields. I'm not even claiming that racial IQ differences are biological. I don't know. But nor does Sowell. He laments the cultural fabric of black America and pegs it down to various environmental factors. The jury's still out on the cause for IQ differences.

>Slavery was a mistake. Not because it was a horrible injustice against humanity but because Africans were not ready for Western civilization.
Also, please pham, I sympathise with your appreciation of Western culture, but on the off chance you're not a race baiter, don't go full retard.

Sage this tired shit. There's at least two of this thread a day now Jesus fuckin christ

thanks for the (You)s
I'm a white nationalist and full blown racist studying mathematics in Germany suck my dick nigger

nice false flag

>work together
>cooperate
>negros
>helping humans

You can tell who never has been around blacks before.

>Intolerance is strength
But it can be. Pathological tolerance is just suicidal and can lead you to accepting people who couldn't care less if you died tomorrow into your society just because

>intolerance
You need to go to Africa, blacks are the most intolerant humans on earth, they only appear liberal because they follow liberal policies because it benefits them, and back in Africa they kill gay people and transgender. They gangrape lesbians for treatment, execute any criminal in rural areas with no trial at all, and have zero issue just killing you for absolutely no reason at all.

Libtards are insane they actually think non-white people are tolarant or liberal like them, when they openly invite middle eastern humans that want to flay their so called progressive policies like gayness and transgender. Along with stripping women of any rights at all.

The second half of that quote is like a Frankenstein's monster of Carl Sagan platitudes.

there's nothing wrong with saying there are differences if it's true, it would be wrong to treat a group as inferior because of it though

>go to Veeky Forums
>lel lift for Trump and the white race
>go to /g/
>jewtel supports feminist frequency fuck SJeWs
>go to Veeky Forums
>kek prove brown people aren't inferior you can't btfo

There isn't different subspecies of human based on skin color but there are definitely different groupings of humans that are affected differently by diseases/have biological differences. In America these usually follow skin color because all the skin colors mixed within their skin color. But all Africans aren't the same biologically or even similar, all East Asians aren't the same etc despite looking largely similar.

tl;dr he isn't wrong but there are biological differences between larger ethnic groups. For example west africans have smooshed facial structures.

Why? Why would it be wrong to treat an inferior as an inferior?

James Watson, who won the Nobel Prize for the discovery of DNA, says that the dark skinned indigenous inhabitants of sub-Saharan Africa have an unusually high occurrence of an unfortunate genetic profile that lends itself to individuals with low IQs, poor literacy and delayed gratification skills, random outbursts of physical violence and low empathy.

Bill Nye, host of a successful children's "science rules" program, says that race doesn't exist and all humans are intellectually equal

Who is right?

So you're saying if I lined up random people I'd have no idea where their genetic heritage was from? They'd all be exactly the same except for skin color?

How do people even act this stupid? This is why you don't let brainlets with engineering degrees "teach" people about science

because as a group theyre only "inferior" in an intellectual capacity. there are many other qualities group of people may have, even if they are often hard to see

>there are many other qualities group of people may have,
What illogical nonsense.

>Lets ignore tangible deficiencies for imperceptible or minute redeeming qualities.

How about no?

homeboy finna put a brotha down when he be lookin like a damn blobfish lmao

>Ignoring the fact that Watson was roundly criticized by many well regarded geneticists
>Heh check out these cherries user!

>Watson was roundly criticized by many well regarded geneticists
For stating fact. Facts are wrong when they're racist.

This. The sheer obvious fact that the races are different in intelligence is immediately plain purely through interaction with them and looking at history and the civilizations they managed to produce.

Someone saying "East Asians are the most intelligent group of human, followed by Caucasians and ending with blacks" is supported immediately by the history of Asia, Europe, and Africa.

The ungodly bulk of statistical data that backs up that fact is just substantiating an obvious reality.

i meant "... qualities a group ..." if that's what you meant, if not then idk im tired
in an academic field or environment that requires high IQ, then yeah i agree they are inferior as a group. but i meant outside of that

That is the thing though. Civilization itself is an environment that requires high IQ.

>high
Honestly, it requires somewhere above 90. Certain things like "don't tear down every copper pipe and wire in sight for scrap money, you need those for electricity and clean water" or "These are seeds. Plant them, then eat the crops they produce, then plant the seeds from the crops. Don't just eat the seeds then angrily demand more when you are hungry again." Or "This man looks different than you. Killing this man and eating his flesh will NOT give you magic powers."

These are not difficult intellectual concepts. These are concepts that basically everyone on Earth can grasp except for sub-Saharan Africans, Aborigines and a handful of Pacific Islanders.

You can build a great civilization with a handful of intelligent people and a large number of mediocre but cooperative and peaceful people.

To a degree. Humans are all around .4% similar in their DNA. Also Race isn't a well defined term and isn't really used in biology because of how vague it is.
On the other hand people of different "races" are different in more ways than just having different colored skin, we know at least that medically they are different and they have different bones structures.

>These are concepts that basically everyone on Earth can grasp except for sub-Saharan Africans

iq of sub saharan africans
eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ883450

on aboriginals
researchgate.net/publication/226651711_Estimating_Cognitive_Gaps_Between_Indigenous_and_Non-Indigenous_Australians

i don't really know about pacific islanders
but i agree, it's very likely the fact that most people on earth are above 90, and rising due to flynn effects

as for africa, future will tell how they develop, they are slowly moving forward
botswana, rwanda show good signs as well as some other east african countries
nigeria has a corruption problem

future will tell