STOP MAKING FUN OF ENGINEERS

STOP MAKING FUN OF ENGINEERS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wpzvaqypav8?t=17m34s
nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/2010/novoselov-facts.html
youtu.be/hNuu9CpdjIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B-but I've never made fun of gay people.

ITS NOT FUCKING FUNNY WE BUILD THE WORLD

>even other engineering degrees laugh at me

t. industrial engineer

>we build our subjective definition of "world" comprised specifically of mostly redundant technologies aimed only at human convenience
boi I am laffin

???
Who is making fun of engineers?

No, you're tech support for the world. :^)

youtu.be/Wpzvaqypav8?t=17m34s

engineering

aka fake scientist degree

>mfw pure math major among engineers

>mfw he needs to change the file name on all his saved photos so he can actually find them

woah, so this is the power of pure math

I have nothing against enganeers

Job market must be rough.

>mfw only cs guy in engineering company and looking at their source code

Less rough than just about anyone else, dipshit.

>Engayneers

>mfw metropolitan area jobs are open for any engineering degree, IE competing for the same opening to ME, EE and ChemE guys
>mfw the IE gets it almost every time

They are not terrific jobs tbqh

Yeah, just like the slaves "build" America.

>tfw physicist and can do everything an engineer can but not dumb enough to ONLY be able to do what they can for an extra $5,000 per year

you engineers probably spend the extra money on therapy anyway :)

When was the last time a physicist solved a problem applicable to the real world

nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/2010/novoselov-facts.html

Engineering degrees have you take design courses, such as how to have enjoyable and usable product design. Don't really get that in a physics degree.So, I would say that physics gives you an upper hand for dealing wholly with a problem's mathematical side, but they might gloss over things that might be obvious to an engineer who took some design courses.

Are you actually an engineer or studying engineering? It's pretty rough. I'm graduating in 3 weeks and I only just now finally got a job offer after a whole lot of searching and a whole lot of rejections. I know plenty of very smart people in my graduating class struggling too, anyone without internships or with mediocre grades is pretty much fucked right now or unwillingly going to grad school. Muh $100k starting meme is quickly vanishing.

how thick does the asphalt on a freeway need to be to have a design life of 20 years assuming and ABC of 12"?

design a bridge?

water distribution network?

faggot "physicists and mathmaticians" just jack off about how smart they think they are but they cant actually do anything useful.

all the pot shots at engineers on this board is just jealous faggots trying to feel better about their stupid shit degrees.

physicists and mathematicians are the only reason you are employed at all little guy

>I only just now finally got a job offer after a whole lot of searching and a whole lot of rejections.

how much is a "whole lot"?

Good luck doing any of that without math and physics boyo

Engineers are like the factory workers of science, you are necessary for putting smarter peoples ideas into practice

Why would an intelligent person waste their time on tedious insignificant things like that when we have idiots like you to do it?

none of you faggots heard of Tony Stark?

most engineers do plenty of that without math and physics boyo. the math is just there to keep you from getting sued. 90% of engineering work is intuition and feels.

Never flying again

Hi fggts.

I'm a sales engineer looking to go to CC and get an ASE then transfer to real school. I already have a marketing degree so I'm assuming I can skip all the fluff humanties diversity classes correct? Anyway kids, once I transfer to UT as a junior I will be 24-25 and am worried about working with fggt 20 year olds who dont take life seriously and just want to party. How common is upper class work with aspies and can I work with the other 30 year olds instead?

you're too old, you missed the viability window for that career

post college you have to intern for 4 years before youre a real "engineer" anyways

>sales

stick to your shit job.

You dont even know what sales engineer is retard. I work in database entry and work understanding engineering firms products and communicating to a high technical degree forming a bridge between aspie engineers and retarded customers. My employer is a large engineering firm and I make 90k plus commish a year. This is to further my education.

>you're too old, you missed the viability window for that career

lol not even.

t. tradesman turned engineer at 30.

Engineers forever btfo lol

to answer your question, you want to work with the aspies. they like solving neat puzzle box problems so all you have to do i frame whatever your doing in that kind of context for them and maybe type up the final report.

the only time you really want to work with other old bro's is when you are doing hands on shit like prototyping or labs because they know how to bust shit out.

so you're literally this guy.
youtu.be/hNuu9CpdjIo

>implying professional engineers who actually make a successful living out of it are anything but amazing communicators/writers

bitch please. your services are not required,

no dipshit. i have to actually understand what you retards create. i talk to engineers all day and they explain what the product does and how it improves things. i work hard to study how each thing works and how they design it, what it does, how it works, etc. i then meet with manufacturing clients around the area and sell them the products in a way that they can understand. im the bridge because engineers are too stupid to talk to people and dont realize that clients who buy your engineering more often then not know next to nothing about engineering. im not a used car salesman. i learn tech alongside with the engineers, help assist in database entry and systems, and the whole marketing mix.

man, i hope you aren't in engineering school right now because you are in for a rude awakening.

very little of what engineers do is what they teach you in school. turning the crank on calculations or "designing something" is what cubicle spergs and FNG's do.

once you have enough experience your designs are little more than back of the napkin sketches that you hand down to the cubicle monkeys to flesh out. most of your day is spent writing proposals, talking to customers, dealing with vendors and members of the local municipality. a lot of moving money around too. you do engineering only when your drones get stuck or its something really ambitious.

no shit, that's why I said this

i never implied that at all faggot. you think all those shitters in engineering school make it to being professional engineers?

fuck no. the vast majority are cubicle monkeys who make 65k a year for the rest of their lives.

take your old ass back down to the sales department faggot

>sales engineer
Aerospace engineer here, I always told myself I'd kill myself before ever taking a sales engineering job. Those fags (usually pajeets) are the saddest thing I've ever seen. You can see their calls for help in their eyes.

Just thought I'd share.

>im a little bitch who doesnt want to challenge and grow as a person in growing industries

All ya fags talk shit but what about PhD engineers?

They can propose theories and post in the same journals as phys-fags except they get paid more to do it and can actually secure research grants for their tangible work

Phys fags BTFO

In 2014, three PhD engineers cucked physicists around the world when they won the Nobel prize in physics. Some say they're still sore about it to this day.

>I'm not a real engineer

Why would engineers even be in Veeky Forums though? Isn't there a /technician/ board?

STOP WITH THIS JOKE IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TRUE YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME GO COMPUTE SOME USELESS PHYSICIST SHIT THAT DOESN'T GET CLOSE TO THE REAL WORLD

Why?

man, i get what you're saying about sales requiring finesse and all, but you are straight lying if you say that shit doesn't require a fuckload of time away from home and working odd hours. its a grind no matter how you slice it.

>GET CLOSE TO THE REAL WORLD
but it does. We just let you deal with the boring stuff like the shmucks you are. :)

Aww.. does that make you feel more important than everyone else?

Are you genuinely insinuating it's less rough for non STEM majors or even mathematicians and physicists with only a bachelors?

Hey, my car has been acting up. Can you fix it for me while I work on real research?

"THEY ALWAYS UNDERESTIMATE THE ENGINEERS"

Thats why I dont have to worry about Pajeet taking my job. I value my career more then anything else and they reward me as such. My job isnt odd hours. I work 8-5. I just travel to sites selling products every few days which isnt bad and looks great to employees.

thats not typical of a sales position in the engineering world. most dudes are living out of a hotel 100+ days a year and taking client calls on the weekends.

especially guys doing big capital equipment.

What part of I'm 23 dont you understand? I obviously am not high enough senior rank to be in the hotels all the time

>What part of I'm 23 dont you understand?
i understood that perfectly well. at least in my industry that makes you more apt to be sent out on the long trips because you don't have a family waiting for you back home like the older guys do.

I have no experience being anything but an engineering major, and I didn't make any comparisons. All I'm saying is that it's a harder market than what people looking from the outside seem to think it is, and it seems to be getting worse year by year. I don't envy non-stem majors if they have it even worse.

Engineering was traditionally a field where most people could be successful with just a bachelor's while pure sciences and math were not, so I'm not sure why you include them when the conventional wisdom has always been that you need a PhD to do anything with pure science.

Cant stop wont stop

Saying "job market must be hard" when the thread references engineers heavily implies you think the job market is harder for engineers than the general public.

Seriously, shut up.

Heh, you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

>90% of engineering work is intuition and feels.

And American engineers can't figure out why they can't find jobs, lol.

no

american "engineers" can't find jobs because they go to BK randy universities and get zero internships in 4 years of study.

everyone who is going to a top 200 and putting in the most marginal effort to get some experience have no problems.

>tfw studying chemical engineering late in my life because i was working in shity ass jobs to keep my parents,i am the only son that cared for them, managed to get in the best university of the city, doing pretty well in grades, have to study hard because is the last chance to me to be somebody, found out that scientist and some of my professors made fun of us, treating us like retards, physicists how i hate them, trying to me make feel like a mediocre person that didn't get to study something better.
Fuck you i don't have to deal with your shit, ok youre better than me, but at least i know the hard work better than you, i will respect anyone who work with me. Conchetumare
Not native english btw sorry if i misspelled something

I suppose you are in UC?
>inb4 zorrones

I redid the grading and drainage at a university campus once.

If my engineering was right. the chemistry building should have developed horrible flooding, humidity, and mold problems after a year or so.

>piss a civil engineer off, and your home street will become a major traffic artery.

Is it true that my future is fucked and will die poor if I don't have an Engineering degree?
That's what everyone is telling me.

Actually, the engineering done without explicit physics is done by direct experimentation.

Need to know the time it'll take for a somewhat simple system to reach steady-state? It's often cheaper to run tests than to do the math, because they're paying you 10 bucks for the 15 minutes of math, but it only costs 5 minutes and a few cents for you to stick a thermometer in a faucet. Need to know something similar but for a terribly complex system that would take weeks of math and still wouldn't be accurate because materials & assembly are not and cannot be ideal (i.e., a car's response to a high-speed collision)? Run tests. Need to know the convective heat transfer coefficient for a patented formula of oil with a complicated mix of chemicals? Run tests.

Essentially, it's what physicists do, but with specific systems for specific purposes. That's a big part of the job of a good engineer. Run tests, come up with a predictive mathematical model based on the data, and use that predictive model to parameterize aspects of your design. Tweak the parameters, see how your system's cost & performance would respond, rinse & repeat.

Also, relevant research papers. Look for a predictive model that already exists before you go crashing cars or pumping molten salt.

What about Chemical Engineering?

He means the job is hard objectively, not relatively. If the market demand for a job is less than the number of people willing to do it, then the market is hard. It could be hypothetically imaginable that the market is hard in all sectors. Just because the market may be harder for some, doesn't mean it's only hard for some.

t. Undergrad

>mfw most engineers are raging homosexuals
Learning how to build a perfectly rigid cock to ride there friendo?

That's because IE always boss around other engineers

It's engineering for women

>tfw TAing a class of EE majors

Holy fuck these brainlets are in charge of the power grid? Jesus Christ.

This man speaks the truth. Get internships or undergrad research or your fucked if you arent the "smart" kid in class who's already set.