Is this even possible Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1fuIhsVuwg
lilium.com
youtube.com/watch?v=ow6ybXBF9AU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you focus on VTOL when we live in a world of roads everywhere

Notice how they don't show it lifting a person, because it can't

It's totally possible. The problem is that it's not likely to reliably run as long as they say it will, and it looks far too fragile to deal with confounding effects like wind and debris. If they were to make it robust, they'd only face further problems with aerodynamics and battery efficiency.

possible? Yes, but is the video cgi?

??? sky roads are free, normal roads aren't.

It's all scams though
The vehicle in OP is a scam, your vehicle is a scam

Talking about electric planes is at least a decade too early
Also regulations ban all this stuff anyways

Normal roads already exist and will continue to exist, why kill your design by focusing on a stupid vtol meme

normal roads cost maintenance and don't take you directly to your destination, and i'd imagine that any one of these VTOL's would be faster than a car. IDK if they would be more energy efficient, but they would be more direct and most likely faster. Yes, they aren't currently market feasible, but most technologies, especially transportation technologies, aren't when first developed.

If we could build a practical flying car, VTOL would just be icing on the cake.
It's a moot point anyway, since the video is pure hokum.
There's no way this thing can lift a human.
The stats (300kph/300km range) are also pure bullshit.

Why would anyone even want these stupid flying human drones(flying cars) anyway? They literally make so much noise, they would ruin the atmosphere of every environment with cancerous sound pollution.

None of these VTOLs would be faster than a car, because none of them exist
You still won't be shipping concrete via the air, so you still need roads to anywhere you want to live.

youtube.com/watch?v=A1fuIhsVuwg

Here's a flying vehicle that exists today, ultimately it's regulations that prevent people from regularly flying to work. Also flying light vehicles in bad weather is a no-go, so you still need a car.

>it's regulations that prevent people from regularly flying to work.
Sweet Jesus titty-fucking Christ, NO.
Can you imagine a million of these in the air converging on your average modern metropolis?
Oh SHIT, it would be a nightmare!

A quick google search shows lots of hits for the story in general interest publications, yet no hits at all in any professional aviation journals. Sounds cheezy to me. Small airframe, where's the room for the powerplants? It's going to take a bunch of thrust to make that thing fly, especially in VTOL mode. Does it come with a really long extension cord?

It would be totally fine if you applied the same standards of safety that is applied to automobiles
Everyone would have their own computer/gps, telling them where to fly
Speeds would be kept reasonable.

Mass personal air transportation is a very doable thing today

I am please on your behalf that your life is so pure and serene you have never heard of gridlock, congestion and smog. What bucolic village is your residence?

It is just a very poorly and inefficiently made drone.

All my neighbors are super rich. They all have their own helicopters. They fly them all over the fucking place. It is noisy as god damn fuck now. You can't even have a proper conversation during a BBQ.

>noisy
True.
>Be me
>President is visiting town
>Police out in numbers, hard to move around without getting rifle barrels up BOTH nostrils
>Huge helicopter hovering over my office building
>Like a mad bird roosting
>Peeked out, looked straight up into a ginormous swirling main rotor.
It was absolutely impossible to get any work done.

but is it real? The video screams Pajeet scam

It looks cool. Which guarantees that it's either fake or not worth using. Technology these days never does worthwhile new things anymore.

why is the wing so far back? i looks very strange like it wont fly

Their website:
lilium.com

>FAA exists

It is real, just super inefficient and super fucking noisy and dangerous. He carries the fuel in that backpack. Or do you mean the drone in the OP? Seems real, but their numbers don't seem real. The design it terribly faulty.

the video looks like a close up of a detailed RC

>It would be totally fine if you applied the same standards of safety that is applied to automobiles

except putting it in the air makes it several orders of magnitude more dangerous.

The wing needs to be far back so the thrust vector for the VTOL works out. If the wing is too far forward it will have no stability in the vertical direction

Bullshit
Flying in a plane is no more dangerous than driving on the highway

looks nice

they use a parachute?

Safety first

>oops I had a bit of a fender bender, we'll both just pull over to the side of the road an sort things out

>Oops we just had a flying car fender bender, now we both crashed into a building on the ground at several hundred miles per hour and several people are dead.

You mean an whole-airplane parachute? Anything under a certain size can use one, but I don't think it will be able to lift the payload plus a person.

>let's make a horrifically inefficient flying machine
>let's make it VTOL for no good reason at all
>let's make it 100% electric
>shit, now we can't have a payload

lol later, sucker

so how hard is it to get funding for a startup like that?

Looks like they finally finalized the aeromobil concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=ow6ybXBF9AU

Personal flying vehicles would not be going hundreds of miles per hour
They would be travelling maybe like 150 mph, slower in an urban area
Their speed comes from direct flight, no stop lights, and no traffic jams.

In rush hour travelling 20 miles might take an hour on the ground

lol okay, whatever.

>Their speed comes from direct flight, no stop lights, and no traffic jams

Holy shit, you've never flown in your life have you? Ever heard of "holding"? Good luck holding for very long in something like the OP. I can't even imagine what a cluster fuck a concert or football game would be like.

-cant fly straight eficiently
-not ev
-looks and sounds like shit
-is shit

Ha

Why would you need to fly a holding pattern so you can land on the street outside your housing block

The problem with traffic is the bottlenecks, you'll still have ground traffic even if people can buy flying "cars"

>actually works

Hmm.....

>flying home
>get to your street
>some faggot's SUV is in your spot because your faggot neighbor is having a party
>can't land anywhere else on your street because traffic
>low battery light comes on

This and about 100 other bullshit scenarios await. There's also no need for personal flying vehicles because as you say, "roads exist". They are super cheap now, even within the range of NEETbux. Very few people buy personal aircraft of any kind in comparison to land vehicles. It is going to stay that way.

There's a laundry list of reasons why this stuff is so tightly regulated.

I'm having a hard time believing that this electric vtol has much better efficiency than that helicopter.

Without any payload at all I think that drone in the OP is super efficient!!! :^)

>All electric
>Jet
No.
>All electric
>Flies vertically and horizontally
Not for long.

Lolno. Go read an ASA textbook for as many pages as it takes for you to realize why mass personal air transportation isn't feasible.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

That not even the biggest camwhores could afford.

lmao what the fuck am i watching

this is so laughable