How do people believe warp drives are possible if the most vital component is fucking negative mass?

how do people believe warp drives are possible if the most vital component is fucking negative mass?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/science-environment-39642992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Negative mass is kinda like magnetic monopoles. It doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean it can't exist.

From what I understand, current physics doesn't explicitly forbid negative mass.

and pray tell how would you make a negative mass or magnetic monopole?

Probably in a particle accelerator with absurd energy levels.

ok, but then how is that in any way scalable? you would need a million hadron colliders all using a million nuclear reactors running 24/7 to produce enough energy-mass equivalent to a voyager craft. not only that you'd then need to make it denser than any naturally occurring material, which would use up further energy probably greater than the nuclera reactors combined.

so the end issue is in fact the energy requirements. can we make an accelerator that's smaller and relies on less energy while producing an abundant supply of non-baryonic matter?

We just ask the sun for some energy.

Wishful thinking.

>inb4 NEGATIVE NUMBERS DON'T EXIST

I don't know. But just because something doesn't exist, does not mean there is something actively stopping it from existing. Like it doesn't violate any accepted physics for something like a magnetic monopole to exist, they just don't.

How would gravity work on negative mass? It repels matter?

>negative mass
bbc.com/news/science-environment-39642992

>It doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean it can't exist.

Actually, that is normally what it means.

What would be interesting would be if there was some level of "self-catalysing" to the process.

i.e. Once you have a magnetic monopole/negative mass, you can use it to make more, at significantly lower energy cost.

Wrong. Just because things dont exist now, doesn't mean they cannot come into existence. (Ex. Manmade periodic elements)

math isn't fucking science u retard

Everything didn't exist at some point.

The entirety of the universe is proving you wrong.

I just took a shit. Yesterday that shit didn't exist. Now it does.

lol Child's view of the world.

Calling math science is insulting to math.

Math is superior to science.

Of the methods we have for discovering truth. Math is the most pure.

The scientific method is basically guess and check.

math is a madeup language to explain shit, its on the same level as a fucking dictionary.

Ikr. I think humans are supposed to develop understanding of object impermanence at 4years old.

Who knows, dude. Maybe after you got an energy threshold is self sustaining, or maybe it's a chain reaction, literally no way of knowing since it escapes three standard model.

Because most "science nerds" are actually dumb plebs with no experience of reality or significant intelligence.

Math is actually INFERIOR to science. And the view you just puked is why science is going to hell. Science is evidence based. Math is made up bullshit where you can prove whatever you want.

3 days ago, literally negative mass.
Neat

Bullshit. Anything that occurs on the cosmic or subatomic scale is an unreliable source of scientific information. They're too far outside of the anthropic scope and that's why humans always get them wrong.

No it doesn't, because our knowledge of the universe is vastly incomplete.

Casimeme effect.

>bbc

WTF YOU MAKE THE END OF THE WORLD COME SOONER FOR SOME SPACE SHIP I HATE SCIENTISTS NOW

The Alcubierre drive requires negative mass and is therefore retarded. A true warp drive will be built in your lifetime and have fundamentally different operating principles than the Alcubierre drive. It will not require negative mass or even the expansion/contraction of spacetime. Screen cap this post.

>literally
Effectively, user, effectively.

>t. brainlet