Been on Veeky Forums for a few months now

been on Veeky Forums for a few months now...
>0.999=1 memes
>existentialism shitposts
>consciousness memes
>ai faggotry
has it always been this bad?
tell me about...the old Veeky Forums?

[math]1+2+3+4+...=\dfrac{e^{\pi i}}{11.999...}[/math]

Veeky Forums is, always has been, and always will be shit.

What are you eliding?

I've been here for over 10 years. It's mostly the same. We used to have a few obnoxious namefags, EK or something was the name, and there used to be several other cool tripfags, like hamster guy, until Veeky Forums tracked down his identity and ruined his life or something. I forget the details.

Veeky Forums was actually alright back in 2011
We used to have a sticky with Harvard's Putnam problem of the day, and the average poster reflected that in a way.
Now it's 95% lowkey /pol/, popsci, vaguely science-related trolling, and salty oldfags like me who also do those three things just to be passive-aggressive cunts.
The memes used to be a lot better, too.

But then again, nobody likes a meta thread.

>We used to have a sticky with Harvard's Putnam problem of the day, and the average poster reflected that in a way.
Those were pretty cool. I was amazed that it was someone who hacked into Veeky Forums, and it lasted that long before any mod even noticed. That was the really amazing part.

The guy who did that should be immediately elevated to Veeky Forums mod.

He was a pedophile roleplayer.

And you're still a terrible tripfag.

Seriously: Is there any other kind of tripfag?

What happened to the titanspammer?

Ah yes, I remember something about pedophilia. I probably shouldn't ask, but what is a "pedophile roleplayer"? Someone who is a pedophile who also happens to play D&D? Someone who plays make-believe sexual games with children, e.g. not physical sexual assault? Someone who does roleplaying with other adults, where one pretends to be a kid, and the other pretends to assault them?

I'll take the bait, but, "pedophile roleplayer" means someone LARPing as a pedo.

Sorry, it was a genuine question.

>LARPing as a pedo
What a weird hobby. It also sounds harmless. Why ruin someone's life over that? Unless he was doing that with children around, and then that's pretty sick and twisted.

If he is roleplaying there is clearly no abuse.

Unless the abuse was a part of the role play :^)

This. Roleplaying is like theatre. You can have a guy stand next to you holding a sign saying "a child brothel" or you can have children be fucked around the actors.

>ai faggotry
There couldn't be a more scientific subject right now in the year of our lord 2018

Veeky Forums is the place for undergrads to circlejerk and highschoolers(brainlets) to try and act like a undergrad

I actually can't tell if Veeky Forums was better in the past or if I just got smarter after college and now Veeky Forums sounds retarded.

Are you kidding?

Veeky Forums was amazing during the very short amount of time it had math captchas

Wow, so all of the things that scientists are currently researching is apparently not science but just paranormal.

This doesn't represent modern day Veeky Forums at all. Here's some I can think of: consciousness, free will, climate change denial, flat earth, race realism, meme drive, IQ, musk posts.

Nice try, almost resulted in brain cancer.

I don't know how long you've been visiting, but I have been on for a little over a year. It seems to fluctuate a lot between being /math/ and textbooks, how shit is your uni, what you mentioned, and /pol/ leaking, and shitting on engineering. I think anything philosophy or ai related should get a containment board. Also it seems the board is made up of shitposters, mathematicians or wannabe mathematicians, and the more autistic forms of engineers (EE, ChE)

Here, I updated it for you.

Side note: I almost put Nikola Tesla's mathematics, moon landings, or thorium in there.

You don't get the point of it seems. It is just a troll image.

>existentialism
>consciousness
These threads are great as it allows discussion since there's no simple answer.
-1/12 and .99999 threads get old really fast though

/x/ does have the occasional insightful thought but it's like finding a pot of gold in new Yorks sewers

i'll post something of your interest, enirosir.

>discussion
>the first post asks for a definition and none is given in the entire thread

That's the entire discussion of consciousness pleb

kek