Tfw interested in math and science but i'm also a brainlet

>tfw interested in math and science but i'm also a brainlet

That's why I'm going into engineering :(

then learn math and science
it's possible
just feel bad that you'll probably never contribute anything of value

> contribute anything of value

literally nobody except for real geniuses contribute useful things to mathematics

aka nobody who browsed Veeky Forums

Tell me, brainlet, what is it about math and science that interests you?

You can become a teacher.

Just but take the Education major and not the Science/Education since some programs in good universities require you to take a good amount of difficult programs for grad school just in case you hate being a teacher and go back doing your MS or PhD.

Brainlet here.

The only difference "natural ability" makes is the speed it takes you to grasp the required material.

There are very few (!=0) fields which are too abstract for most people to understand.

Proficiency is almost entirely down to motivation and persistence.

do the minimum, become an engineer, and contribute value to our ever day lives
much better than being a teacher desu

You can become a medicore math teacher at a middle-school and only go up to pre-cal and making 50,000 dollars a ear.

It called disacprine!

DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS NOTHING IS IMPOSSIABLE YOURE GOING TO DO IT AND WORK HARD AT IT YES YOU CAN JUST DO IT

I can only encourage you to become a maths teacher.

It's really easy and you'll become a decently rational and logical human being through the basic mathematical study you have to do.

Don't worry about being a brainlet. The problem space of the world is far larger than even Von Neumann level intellects.

To use a metaphor, even if you mine a cave more slowly than people you know about, you can still come across valuable stones and gold if you keep chipping away at the problem space.

How can I learn math, I was recently diagnosed with adhd at the age of 19, started being shit at math in 7th grade, I was always fucking talking a moving like a god dam crackhead, fuck.

I read that medication actually improves the pre frontal cortex size with adhd peoples.

What do I do? I like math but forget shit easily.

make it a part of your routine/habits
no matter how retarded you are, if you're doing it all the time you'll get somewhere

just go to CC and become a lab tech

STOP BULLYING ENGINEERS WE PUT A MAN ON THE MOON STTOOOPPP

>tfw EE major but find physics 1 insanely boring
>tfw secretly want to be a math major

Holy fuck why am I not a teacher? At $50k an ear that's easily $1m a year! Now I know why my teachers didn't give a single solitary fuck.

EE will be far more useful than a math major. dont fall for the "LOL ENGINEERS" meme.

It's not the meme that I am falling for. I think engineering is a good career choice but the only thing that I am really passionate about is math. I guess I can just wait it out for the higher level math courses I will have to take anyway as an EE major.

I think EE takes up to linear algebra which isn't too hard anyways. Math is a shit major for shitters. You won't be in love with M A T H in a few semesters.

>You won't be in love with M A T H in a few semesters.
You're probably right. I have never had a taste of higher level math.

yeah the most fun and usable maths are the calculus ones anyway. After that all of the higher maths are about solving shit someone else far smarter than you figured out hundreds of years ago and you can look it up on wikipedia anyways.

become a highschool teacher.

>Not as hard as real scientist/mathematician
>a good teacher will impart his own enthusiasm on his students
>you have that enthusiasm

This desu

This is completely true. Every once in a while some CS shitter will try to sell you on categories or graph theory or some other bullshit but they're really just jerking themselves off.

Most mathematicians make contributions because they take something that interests them and focus on it and also ignore everything else.

People's approach nowadays seems to be to try and understand everything , which is too greedy and leads to people not knowing anything except broad generalizations

The quality of teachers used to be extremely high in the past in Europe, so much that a lot of researchers/contributions were made by them

you don't have to be smart, just engaged. you can take a lighter semester on average to deal with the workload and amount of time it will take you to catch up, then take summer classes, maybe for the known "tough" courses to balance out so you don't take forever to graduate. i jumped into a bsc stem degree years after secondary and thought i was "bad" at math, which prevented me from pursuing it in the first place. i hadn't done math since highschool, just had to change my study patterns and habits to grasp the material. it kicked my ass the first semester and after that things were fine

"brainlet" is something you allow yourself to be. many people can do this shit given the time and motivation

If you want to be good at math get the fundamentals down, to the point where integrals feels like your doing simple addition.Then learn the idea behind what you're doing.
Don't take math classes back to back, take your time. Get a feel for everything. At first it will feel like unconnected arithmetics, but as you go on everything comes together and makes a bigger picture.

A lot of intelligence involve a small level of confidence.

dont fall for the brainlet meme
just like the manlet meme, its elitist garbage

A lot of people have great potential its not like they do anything with it.
Just enjoy yourself with your pursuit, you might surprise yourself.

This is like hearing an office worker say that they made their company successful.

honestly its not worth it

unless you're really smart (which you're not) you'd get burnt out fast and there isn't much money in math and science anyway. go become a doctor or engineer, or go into finance. if you're gonna get burnt out, at least make money doing it.

>implying engineers don't do that and more

>tfw history major

I'm not on any medium and didn't get into any uni. Also 19.
What are you doing now user?

Meds***
Not on any meds

THIS X100. Most people fall into the trap of "feeling stupid" and then never try. Unless youre legit handicapped then you can do all math and physics up to undergrad in college. Gotta grow your brain on your own

Same here user I know the feels because my brother is dumb AF he couldn't comprehend or pass college trigonometry so he dropped out and became a "DJ" KEK!!

>tfw swolebrain but only interested in boobies

>tfw too intelligent to learn math