Drink ammonia and bleach to counteract the effects

>Got some in mouth
How did that happen?

>not wearing proper safety gear

Fucking moron.

We suck the pipette

>H2SO4

from medlineplus

"Swallowing the poison may cause death. It may occur as long as a month after the poisoning."

i don't understand the physiological mechanism behind how this would possibly be the case. perhaps some sort of untreated ulcer or GI perforation? beats me. anyway, if you start to have weird stomach pains, go see a doc. on second thought, i'd probably go anyway, just to be sure.

from a different source:

Drinking concentrated sulfuric acid can burn your mouth and throat, and it can erode a hole in your stomach; it has also resulted in death.

I was right. don't ignore crazy stomach pains, if they occur. if you just burned your mouth and didn't swallow any, you should be fine. if it was super diluted, you should be fine. if you're paranoid, go see a doctor.

good luck.

>when you realize they actually put that warning in your lab manual for a reason

Just eat some baking soda

Seriously, should not some milk of magnesium neutralize it?

What kind of backwards barbarian nation are you in that still uses mouth pipettes?

Are you a child?

if it was just a drop i doubt you will have any problems for more than 2 days

>Charlie was a chemist
>But Charlie is no more
>What Charlie thought was H2O
>Was H2SO4

Ur kill, m8.

as in... use your mouth for suction?

wtf? are you doing chemistry in a ugandan primary school?

We have both the newer and old ones. Most people use the pipette fillers, I suck it since its faster

>Ugandan
Close

No, you suck , because you suck!

What the fuck? That's a terrible idea, stop doing it.

what was the concentration?

If you mix in a little diethylmercury you can suck it into the pipette faster.

Reminds me of the time I tried to drink HCl straight from an erlenmeyer. As long as you didn't swallow you should be alright.

Actually the sulphuric acid tasted kind of good. It was sort of spicy, sour and tangey. I tasted it again after diluting it with distilled water

>be me
>vomit
>Mfw everything tastes funny
Will I EVER recover?

school labs have it at around 0.1mol dm^-3
dm=litre

I literally only hear about mouth pipetting from old ass chemists and as a joke. Please tell me you're joking.

in your next life, remember not to be an engineer ;-)

Oh yeah I have the same problem while dishing.

It always and I do mean always, go for my eyes. I should do some math for this because this is getting silly.

I don't even have big eyes and my eyelids are always halfcocked so theres even less space to hit my actual eye! So why the fuck is it getting in there every time it splashes or flings towards my face god damnit!

For fuck's sake user

This is my chem lab

I'm screaming

thats a beautiful limerick you got there, friendo.

user....

I don't think you were alright to begin with.
Go see a doctor, idiot.
Or call a doctor/hospital and ask if you should do something.

>using a method that hasn't be used since the 19th century.

what fucking barbaric school do you go to? Unless if you're an idiot and you did that on your own, you should sue your school for being incompetent enough to have undergrad level chemists performing an outdated dangerous method. Jesus schools are suppose to treat undergrad chemists like children for theirs and everyone else's safety.

>mfw volume is length
I can't hold all of these units!

What country is this? Russia?

>can't even afford one of these
why even go to school?

These are literally cheaper than the air you need to succ the pipette. What the fuck?

>cm3
Sucking the pipette
>dm

What the fuck kinda place you go to OP?

>plastic pipettes
>for sulfuric acid

Plastic pipettes are impervious to acids

Im in pakistan, this is our lab . Our chem teacher treats us like shit. No gloves or safty equipment of any sort. We use our bare hands

dam dude. Sorry that your country doesn't have the safety standards that most other places do. Hopefully you can continue to pursue the awesomeness that is chem without causing anymore harm to your or anyone else. Best of luck.

I love chemistry but its really hard to keep on loving it when our teachers dont want us to have out of the box thinking. They tell us to just stick to our books and gets angry if I learn sonething thats not in our syllabus(since he's insecure about his knowledge doesn't know about topics outside the course)

stay strong bud. you'll be out of that place one day and none of their bullshit will matter. Your abilities and knowledge will.

>he's insecure about his knowledge doesn't know about topics outside the course
That's terrible. I thought only humanities courses allowed this kind of shitflinging. He should learn what a PhD actually merits.
Only thing for it is to avoid triggering his insecurity or "outshining" him, though, until you're on your own. Think of it as "manipulating" him if you have to.

Drink some Antacid. Salts are better than having acid in your system

atleast i see chemicals.

you should be thankfull that your school is still unchucked

her in germany 10th graders use chemicals like
>balsamico vinegar
>dish soap
>baking powder
>plastic glasware bcs muh shards
(only glassware for hot things, has unknown residues fom previous generations insidde them)

this is all caused by lack of funding aproximate 0,50€ per student/year
and the teacher fearing someone gets hurt .

lol I imagine the little German cucks covered in NBC negative-pressure suits just to mix soap, water and baking soda.

theres 2 types of poisons

ones that kill you right away

and ones that kill you many years down the road

I would suggest telling a doctor. Considering you have access to these chemicals I believe you're either a student or working in an environment such that you can afford to visit one.

Your teacher's probably a fucking moron. YOUR OWN safety first. You never put a straw in a glass of coke, closed the top with your finger, and lifted the straw out?

I saw that in a protocol for an organic synthesis project I was doing, I thought "why would anyone need that warning," looks like OP proved me wrong

I laughed for the whole thread, sounds like you would have been better off under British rule.