Do you think this is actually believable ?

Do you think this is actually believable ?

Can we actually put anybody in one of this 16 personalities ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect#cite_note-Forer-8
indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only one that matters is INTJ

pseudoscience

horoscope for pseuds

They sell it as science, but it isn't.

They ask questions like do you like to be in charge?

Then they tell you, by our magic calculation you like to be in charge!

That particular type of personality test is pretty much quack unfortunately.

The big five is ok, it's on some researchers website. The webpage looks abhorrent which means it's legit.

this shit is such bs, these personalities talk only about "pros", even though every single human has disgusting qualities. This is just "feelsgood" fake-science. Anyone who associates hiim/herself with this is a fukin normie and needs to die

Psychfag here

I'm really disappointed that personality psych exists. The only useful applications are the perspectives of psychology that yield good results in therapy like behavioral psych, cognitive psych and humanistic psych. Personality psych is useless because its all subjective and doesn't result in help for anybody with a fucked up personality. Merely classifications that stigmatize and trap people into thinking extroversion is a sign of social perfection. Really irritating and on behalf of all psychology, I apologize for personality psych.

You cannot really take it as facts or science, but you may your qualities and flaws accurate enough and at least use it as hint to what you should improve.

AS HINT, don't take it literally.

Another great thing of those is making you aware of how people perceive the world differently from you at least generally, since everyone has very unique views based on their experience or whatever - you end up being more accepting towards others as you could guess how their mind could be elaborating information and making decisions in comparison to you.

As for the test, generally personality tests are too mood-based so unless you aren't already a bit aware or you are in an unstable mood - your results may vary when taking the test again, this is a general flaw of all personality tests because experiences and feelings towards them shape you

dude how many questions are in here i'm bored asf

so I'm a faggot?

These are the new wildberger threads. Everyone please stop falling for the bait. Hide these threads and don't reply.

"""Psychology"""

Here.
This is your handy guide to 16p/MBTI

You'd have more consistency and accuracy if you classified people by race and extrapolated from that.

They told me

>Dislike Dealing With Data – Mediators are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. Mediators are in tune with emotions and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.

But I had a studentship as a data scientist and I liked it :(

But it didn't contradict your ideals I guess?

Despite ((psychologists)) refuting mbti.

Imo it works. But I think the focus should be on functions.

ENTJ and INTJ have same functions but with different order

I thought I was an INTJ for a long time because of my semi asocial personality is, but the truth is I have very strong Ni with Te dominant. and decently developed Fi.

Also people think intjs are asocial because of introversion. That is somewhat true but the point is that INTJs will be more of a sniper, and entj more of a shotgun type.

Cold reading is believeable by design.

>Despite ((psychologists)) refuting mbti.
>it works

you either think they refuted it, or you don't. fucking retard. literally reading horoscopes.

They're a general description of your personality, nothing more. And they can change with time.

No need to be autistic one way or another about them.

>But I think the focus should be on functions.
I agree with this, but 16p completely misses the function part and isn't actual MBTI - just with the same letters and similiar descriptions.
It's called NERIS Type Explorer.

Function theory is fun and provides some insight on how people do stuff, but it's very arbitrary

It's fucking bullshit astrology for respectable people.

The application is to make fucking HR people feel like they're smart and learned and useful when in reality they are the single most useless profession of all.

I'm white. What can you extrapolate about me

Modern psychology is bullshit and Jung never said his typology was be all and all.

It's a tool for a process of self introspection and individuation you autist

>are you intelligent?
>yes

>you are intelligent. here are some general implications about intelligence.

Why are psychologists such cancer? Science doesn't want them, nor does philosophy.

Psychology has plenty of uses, but this is not one of them.

their big ass description as pretty accurate ngl. i am indeed a pansy faggot ass pussy who does everything to please others and avoid conflicts, and i do love writing and poetry despite being in a postgrad program for STEM and having done STEM all my life. i low key do english homework for university students both (public) ivies and community colleges and i write writing more than i like my shitty research and especially science. i actually despise science because everyone wants to """"advance"""" humanity and expand knowledge and break boundaries bitch sit down i'd much rather live in the present, become a night guard, read my shitty literature, write, and awkwardly flirt with the pseudointellectual loving artsy girls and wallow in my depression. besides, academia is a piece of shit, most research papers are absolute shit, conference/journal admissions are demonstrated to be rigged favoring prominent groups, double-blind peer review is not really a thing of our reality, etc. but i know writing is the same bullcrap trash like everything else in the world. and the rest of the shitthey talked about was pretty accurate. about my relationships. my girl always tells me i'm too secretive and hardest person to know and etc and i bet they could've been more accurate if they actually knew about my depression and all the mental disorders glooming over my life at all times.

i mean someone here in this thread said that this shit was refuted but since when psychology refutes shit motherfucker. anyway i'll have my gf do it too and read her results with her so i a) see if it applies to her well and b) see that it does NOT apply to me

You sound... ISFJ or ISFP?

infp they told me

its a better indicator of personality than a horoscope or other /x/ black magic, but its very flawed and should only be taken with one more grain of salt than astrological signs

You all seem to be considering its total bullshit, but have you read all their "theory" ? Their's 10 long pages of explanations for each personalities, at this point this can't be just barnum effect if its what you mean.

can confirm

t. Doctorate in personality psychology

I read several books about this and I study the MBTI In depth. I got INTP. I don't actually believe in the stereotypes of the MBTI types.

>barnum effect
nice term now how do i force myself to remember it.

barney
barium
barnum-ber
bar number
i think i'm attractive cause i got a number of someone at a bar but everyone gets numbers at the bar
bar number
barnum effect

>nice term now how do i force myself to remember it.
>barry hurry furry burry....

You fag. You remember The Forer effect by its context dummy. Read the research.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect#cite_note-Forer-8

>Read the research.
interesting point but i think i'll stick with my mnemonic

>tfw too intelligent

why are the diplomats depicted as druids?

>i'll have my gf do it
she got entp but i'm too lazy to read shit and idc anymore

yes

>i'll stick with my mnemonic
Nah fag, you do a better mnemonic trick

You get a number at a bar just around the corne but you realize that that number which is evaluated to you isn't really the girls number but the girl thinks it's her number because everyone else give it to her just a minute before. But you didn't yet know this. You call to girl next morning because you kinda thought she was pretty and nice. You remember the conversations you had about aspects of other people in the bar and the horoscope of her, which was virgin, and the she expressed everything so cutely, like an introvert.

But the moment you call someone named Hugh Mungouse answers. You ask whether you can have user grill on your phone. Hugh Mungouse asks, why do you want to talk to her? She is horrible person, says Hugh, she is extroverted little shitbag of person and more poisonous than a scorpion.

You regret. You realize you were quite drunk the other night. You passed the conformation of abuse drinkin while passing to the sofa and throwing up in a taxi. Little drunkk. You realize that it just might have been that others talked FOR (H)ER and made her personality at that bar where n=29 and it really was a class. You really don't know her at all and probably wouldn't even fuck her. That's that for the little bar num.

Because they harbor powerful earth magick and runic secrets, you idiot.

Then use it in your speech as fast as you can, might be just a side note to something. If you cannot, you repeat the concept in your head and imagine a situation where it really shapes group behavior and us humans. Then repeat.

Or you can do that poetry of your which takes it quite far from the context but is fun to play with. Barney got a barnumber. Forer fought for plumber thunder. Being sonder from mundane phantom is dandy and little random. Flynn pondered whether next Fourier comes in the next pour of geneation etc.

That's little bit how memory or memoirs work, which is a lot better field of study than personality but they both have their areas of being interesting and share of good researchers.

Weird comment anyway in the first place, people should do that more. It's a free board in the end eh.

It's as useful as Astrology.

petersonfags rekt

I can't tell if I should be surprised or not.

>Merely classifications that stigmatize and trap people into thinking extroversion is a sign of social perfection.
Isn't it the other way round?

you like swing dancing and chick fil a

>no

It's not science, but if used properly could be a framework to help make practical decisions.
But this is at it's best a helpful approximative knowledge, and frequently it's not at it's best and then it's just silliness.

It's bunk.

indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf

No more than your horoscope can be used to make life choices. Ie, it can be, but it would be a terrible idea in either case.

If you get a bunch of people and make them answer a bunch of question about them, you might eventually get a significant correlation between certain sets of answers and characteristics.
And if you get a new person to try such tests and he used very clearly some specific set of answers that have high correlation with the said characteristics, you cold probably expect for him to have a bigger chance of having those characteristics than a random person.

Except if you really think that it's impossible to have certain correlation of sets of personal answers and personality traits.

>If you get a bunch of people and make them answer a bunch of question about them, you might eventually get a significant correlation between certain sets of answers and characteristics.

Sure, but MBTI has no relation whatsoever to known personality traits, or in fact to anything at all. It has been extensively tested by none other than the US Army, and found to have no value at all.

>Except if you really think that it's impossible to have certain correlation of sets of personal answers and personality traits.
>HURR if you recognize this obvious shit test as the garbage it is, you must not believe any tests are possible at all!

What a stupid opinion. There is a scientifically verified, empirically based personality test and it's called the "Big Five" / "OCEAN" test.

mbti is astrology for pseuds

Based psychanon

INTJ qualities:

>Believes modern horoscopes

But what about all the INTPs and INFPs?
INTJ is still a minority here

>INTJ is still a minority here
And you're basing this on what?

can you fucking retards stop embarrassing yourselves please

Oh no, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of the Veeky Forums anonymous committee!

On those threads, of course

Most people who do those tests end up INTP or INFP here - only 2 or 3 people claim to be INTJ out of 10 INTP/INFP

I am not saying INTJ is a minority in Veeky Forums, I am talking about who takes the tests here

you shouldn't. because insults here speak of you intellect, not your identity, you fucking astrologist

I think the people here saying it bullshit dont get it. Of course no test can tell your personality in every fine detail but if you get asked if you like tomatoes and the test suggets that you may fit to another person who also likes tomatoes then I see no problem at all.

Like if I dont like to be the boss I might like to hang out with someone who does because "it fits".

Its not like looking at stars and making shit up

>[your] intellect
I think you meant "your intellect as perceived through the lens of autism"

you must be a scorpio

>tfw I flip between INTJ-A and INTP-A when I take the test every 6 months.

Is INTJ autism?

I guess you sometimes feel like you should follow some rules/timetables and make order and sometimes you just say "nah, fuck it"?

INTJs are more aware and careful of feelings than legit autists, but like to be seen as emotionless because it's edgy - also their memory is big picture-ortiented, not detail-oriented.

Maybe INTP or ISTP is more close

What are you?

>I guess you sometimes feel like you should follow some rules/timetables and make order and sometimes you just say "nah, fuck it"?

yes. fug.
I do pretty ok for myself though
Imagine what I could be if I just got my head down.

You and literally everyone else, faggot

Dunno, I got INTJ-A, INTP-A and ISTJ-A

Mostly INTJ-A though
This is my last one on 16personalities

Not really.
I am usually always sticking to my order and keep stuff tidy.
There again, of course not ALWAYS, that's why it's in percentages - really rare that I go completely random tho.

I am

>INTJ
>defends INTJs of not having autism
>n-no, INTJs are not autistic, i-it's the other ones!
>no disclaimer about his obvious bias
why am i not surprised?

>ad hom
Nice counter-argument

What are your biggest flaws, and what are you insecure about?

Jesus Christ, no amount of 'science' will make us get over the fact that God convinced us into thinking we matter. You people disgust me.

Me
I am this guy:

>muh latin words
newsflash kiddo: ad hominem is not always fallacious

INTP qualities:
Have autism
INFP qualities:
Have schizophrenia
INTJ qualities:
Be a narcissistic sociopath

Funny thing is that this thread neither proves or disproves the existence of God whatsoever.

""""""science""""""

I do matter to myself though? If you mean I and everyone else don't matter for le infinite universe etc. who gives a shit?

I think...

>sometimes being unaware of how I look and thinking it doesn't matter
>being a bit insensitive while speaking and offending people accidentally while making jokes
>over-analyzing stuff while actually it's a lot more simple
>over-confidence
>not practical
>unwilling to cooperate with others as I only trust myself and my own abilities
>shy to ask for help when I need

Should be all, maybe I forget something

It is here. I gave you my argument to say that INTJ isn't autism because the reasons I wrote and your reply was "lol of course an INTJ would say that". Prefer ad persona?

I'm sorry, I forgot you guys are autists and don't do metaphors

True but psychology still isn't a science

Of course you can classify people into arbitrary groups if you want
what we're saying is it's useless if not harmful

ESFP reporting.

Ya'll should step up up your game

>tfw I'm the only type directly accused of being a virgin
>tfw I'm a virgin

As much as I think it's a horoscope for nerds it sure gets things right :^)

>I gave you my argument to say that INTJ isn't autism because the reasons I wrote
>INTJ are not autistic because of [these highly subjective unfalsifiable reasons]
> ad hominem attacks can be non-fallacious; [...] For example, if the truth of the argument relies on the truthfulness of the person making the argument—rather than known facts—
You put the pieces together

I think most of you are missing the point of the test. It doesn't matter if the personality type doesn't perfectly reflect who you are, it's meant to group like minded individuals together, that's it. You use this knowledge to direct yourself towards a proper social position in the workforce and certain employers actually require you to know your personality type for this very reason.

It doesn't tell you your future, what sort of bullshit have you people been reading? Why the fuck do you think all of them imply what kind of job you'd be good at? It's like none of you ever learned what psychologists actually use this for in college.

>certain employers actually require you to know your personality type for this very reason.
LMAO what kind of retarded jobs do you faggots apply for

I've never personally worked for a company that does this but that's what it's primarily used for.

>primarily used for
Well I never heard about this, and I only see it mentioned by dumbfucks on dating websites. How do you know what is "primarily used for"?

>>>sometimes being unaware of how I look and thinking it doesn't matter
>>being a bit insensitive while speaking and offending people accidentally while making jokes
>>over-analyzing stuff while actually it's a lot more simple
>>over-confidence
>>not practical
>>unwilling to cooperate with others as I only trust myself and my own abilities
>>shy to ask for help when I need
Yup, sounds like autism to me

You walk around with poop in your butt