>>8851094

>How can psychiatry be taken seriously
its not

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3753399/Donald-Trump-psychopathic-traits-Adolf-Hitler-Hillary-Clinton-shows-machiavellian-egocentricity-Scientists-conclude-presidential-candidates-psychopaths-claim-good-thing.html
ox.ac.uk/news/2016-08-23-presidential-candidates-may-be-psychopaths-–-could-be-good-thing
phys.org/news/2016-08-presidential-candidates-psychopaths-good.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater_rule
nytimes.com/2016/08/16/health/analyzing-donald-trump-psychology.html
inquisitr.com/2870145/malignant-and-psychopathic-donald-trump-expert-studies-600-hours-of-trump-footage/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3579480/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(involuntary_psychiatric_hold)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_commitment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-dangerous-mental-illness-yale-psychiatrist-conference-us-president-unfit-james-gartner-a7694316.html
edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/01/21/sean-spicer-donald-trump-inauguration-crowd-bts.cnn
breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/21/berkeley-mayor-is-member-of-antifa-facebook-group-that-organized-riots/
goldengatexpress.org/2017/04/23/berkeley-police-investigate-alumnus-connection-to-rally-assault/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>psychiatry

I'm not sure I can get a bingo with this thread.

...except you can be locked up for life and forced to take mind-killing drugs entirely on psychiarists' say-so.

How is paranoia a mental illness? Isnt paranoia a sign of high intelligence?

no, stop watching movies

DRUMP BTFO
he has no chance of winning the presidency

You can't. You have to injure someone or yourself for that process to begin.

It isn't paranoia if it is true, there's a past history of that happening, and/or you see it happen to someone else.

>You have to injure someone or yourself for that process to begin.
You don't, just one public psychotic episode and a clean blood test is all it takes.

>if they say this about Trump is regarded as bullshit
>if they say this about Hill or whatever counter part it is regarded as fact

Reaaaaaaallly makes me think

>You have to injure someone or yourself for that process to begin.
The law varies from country to country and state to state, but in most places all you need is to come in contact with a psychiatrist in his professional capacity: go to one voluntarily (for any reason), go to any doctor and he decides to call one in, interact with a police officer and he decides to take you to one, or someone goes and applies for a court order for it.

In some places someone needs to decide you're "a danger to yourself or others", but no actual injury or violation of the law is needed, and in many places "likely to deteriorate without treatment" is also an acceptable reason for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation (usually in the form of a 72-hour hold). If the psychiatrists decide to keep you, that's generally treated as vindicating the decision of anyone else involved (although they tend to depend heavily on the information given to them by the person who caused you to be brought in for evaluation).

After that, it's pretty much all up to what the psychiatrists decide. Sometimes you can challenge it in court, but the courts that handle these cases generally depend on the judgement of psychiatrists as expert witnesses, and they might already have you on serious mind-altering drugs before you get to court. Where there's a mandatory court process, it's often treated as a mere formality, where the judges never side with the patient. Often there are requirements that you consent to treatment, but there are always exceptions for "emergencies" and cases where you're not capable of understanding the situation well enough to give consent (both according the professional judgement of psychiatrists, of course).

Basically, you're only safe against this stuff if you're rich and connected enough to hire your own reliable psychiatrists as expert witnesses. It can happen over a misunderstanding, confirmation bias, and nobody being willing to admit they made a mistake.

How can our country be taken seriously when out President is an embarrassing manchild?

Psychology related posts do no belong in Veeky Forums

/thread

>free palestine poster
>next to the hitler poster
You don't even try to hide it do you.

What can I say, thats just your average /pol/ alt righter

Such a horrible guy that he supports a crime free America. He should be more like you who calls innocent children terrorists just to blow them up for fun.

can you post the clean version of this?

psychiatrists aren't to be taken seriously but Trump's blood type is Rh- so it's highly possible (there is a blackout about this info but the all famous 'depopulation agenda' is actually Rh- plotting to annihilate Rh+)

>How can journalism be taken seriously
ftfy

@8851361

Whoa buddy dont assume things about me, just calm down please

Heres your pseudo (You)

>Computer science jobs
kek

Its true, just look at pic related.

The government is looking to benefit the wrong kinds of people, instead of those who really risk their lives to save our white children.

Only bloodthirsty jews like you are racist against palestineans so its piss easy to expose your lying ass. Ran out of pol pics in your ADL folder?

How are any of these topics ? Just because strong AI, FTL travel and wormholes are memes doesn't make them any less valid as a topic of discussion. You sound like you're just mad at normies for invading your secret club, same dumb hipster nerd shit that happens on every board.

Meh. who does america has to defend themselves from? Not one war America has been in actually took place in America. You either attack middle east or asia or central america. Why the hell do you need a giant army for if nobody is attacking you?

>mfw an Oxford psychologist claims Trump is more of a psychopath than Hitler, while Hillay is less of a psychopath than Jesus and St. Paul

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3753399/Donald-Trump-psychopathic-traits-Adolf-Hitler-Hillary-Clinton-shows-machiavellian-egocentricity-Scientists-conclude-presidential-candidates-psychopaths-claim-good-thing.html

>Why the hell do you need a giant army for
we have to protect europe as well. NATO nations throw a hissy fit every time we talk about scaling back our military.

>dailymail
hello darkness, my old friend

>Why the hell do you need a giant army

To defend our white children from the foreign hordes? Is that not worth to you? Perhaps because you are just one of those low IQ foreigners.

>ox.ac.uk/news/2016-08-23-presidential-candidates-may-be-psychopaths-–-could-be-good-thing
>phys.org/news/2016-08-presidential-candidates-psychopaths-good.html

/pol/ tier thread belong in /pol/.

People didn't take the time to create garbage cans just so you can leave your trash on the street.

Dolan is a clown with one good policy, which is reducing third world immigration. But he's too incompetent to even get it implemented. He's an embarrassment.

Look, no one is going to lock you up when you're not a danger to you and/or others.
Well, except maybe if you uncover a big conspiracy but then again it's easier to just kill you

>but the psychiatrist didn't like me
His job is to evaluate your mental stability or whatever, not to like you.
Also, you could get another evaluation from another psychiatrist
It's also about having stable people in important jobs.

Mental illnesses are also a thing

>Such a horrible guy that he supports a crime free America

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater_rule

are these psychiatrists retarded

>Rh-
hotword
this thread will be deleted soon

Because every time they get brought up its by people who know precisely 0 of the science that goes on behind those ideas, they get their ideas and impressions from pop culture. It's never a discussion, it's a "BUT WHAT IF WE DID THIS OTHER THING THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF EITHER"

You literally need to have an in-depth interview to be able to say somebody has a mental disorder. Fuck Yale cucks.

well sonny, they went to yale and your just some chump sitting on Veeky Forums, i think i will trust their opinion, tyvm

>tfw going for my master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
For any disorder, you need to have an interview with the person to give them any diagnosis. You can't just watch them from a distance and give a disorder, because that's not how it works. And, implying they actually are certified to counsel in the first place.

Academics aren't gods. Yes, they can speculate far better than the average Joe, but they still need to go through the proper medical inspections before concluding something like this. Trump might have a dangerous mental illness, but you don't know for sure, and you shouldn't assume that he 100% has one.

If we could exploit dimensional multiplicity (many worlds) to generate free energy, we'd have FTL travel inside of a decade- if the energy is free, we literally have the infinite energy required. We would ascend to Godhood, immortal and radiant, free to choose our own meanings for life.

>For any disorder, you need to have an interview with the person to give them any diagnosis. You can't just watch them from a distance and give a disorder, because that's not how it works. And, implying they actually are certified to counsel in the first place.
They don't give a single fuck.
Seriously, nobody gives a single fuck.
There's absolutely nothing on any "code of ethics" for the: American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, and/or Medical Board of California that states that psychiatrists and/or psychologists can neither assess nor diagnose random people as having a/any personality disorder and/or mental disorder.
Seriously.
There's no such law preventing them from doing it. They can do whatever the fuck they want.
Look it up for yourself. You can even contact an attorney and have him tell you that there's really no such law, that those people can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want. I've actually spoken to an attorney about this myself and he told me this exact same thing.
These people can randomly decide that some random person they haven't examined has a personality disorder and/or mental disorder for whatever reason. And they never really specify as to how they go about doing it.
The law will take the word of a psychiatrist's or a psychologist's over that of a patient's.
Despite the so-called "goldwater rule", there's also these articles in which psychiatrists and psychologists have publicly described Donald Trump as having "malignant narcissism" and diagnosed him with Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
nytimes.com/2016/08/16/health/analyzing-donald-trump-psychology.html
inquisitr.com/2870145/malignant-and-psychopathic-donald-trump-expert-studies-600-hours-of-trump-footage/
They can also diagnose their patients as having personality disorders without telling their patients about it, like patients with Borderline Personality Disorder:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3579480/

its hilarious how many people do this "diagnosis from afar". I remember learning this day one in high school psych

Yep, you can throw diagnosis freely and no one can stop you.

It's actually only extremely ethical psychologists that understand how this it's an issue.

And if you do not have the training or information on the client, you cannot give an accurate diagnosis on anybody. It's not even about ethics, it's about not have the information to back up your claim. At most, you can say, "He exhibits these symptoms, but without an interview, I cannot say for sure".

Even if he does have a mental disorder (I personally believe everybody does), you wouldn't know unless they went through an interview process with a trained professional.

it's bait.

>Yale
Didn't they just admit that free thinking is unconstitutional and should be outlawed?

>And if you do not have the training or information on the client, you cannot give an accurate diagnosis on anybody. It's not even about ethics, it's about not have the information to back up your claim. At most, you can say, "He exhibits these symptoms, but without an interview, I cannot say for sure".

Any random qualified officer (which includes any California peace officer) can request the involuntary confinement after signing a written declaration stating the psychiatric diagnosis that the diagnosing individual believes to be the cause or reason why they believe the patient to be "a danger to themselves or others" or the psychiatric disorder that has rendered the patient incapable of making their own medical treatment decisions.

Do your research:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(involuntary_psychiatric_hold)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_commitment

They can also force medication on you for whatever random reason.

You're literally retarded, aren't you? The only times you can 504 an individual is if they are a threat to themselves or others, if they aren't, you can't involuntarily lock somebody up. You can't just do it to somebody because you want to. You're not a very smart person, are you?

>The only times you can 504 an individual is if they are a threat to themselves or others, if they aren't, you can't involuntarily lock somebody up.

>The only times you can 504 an individual is if they are a threat to themselves or others

>if they are a threat to themselves or others

And how would you go about deciding that? Maybe because you caught a certain individual holding a stapler in a vaguely threatening way, and you know that the individual has already been officially diagnosed as having a mental disorder (like, say, Major Depressive Disorder), so you can randomly decide that the individual might pose a threat to themself or others?

What the fuck are you even talking about? If they say they are going to kill themselves and have the means and plan, they can get institutionalized. If they say they plan to kill others, they can get institutionalized. Stop pretending you understand anything in the psychological community because it's obvious you know nothing.

>What the fuck are you even talking about? If they say they are going to kill themselves and have the means and plan, they can get institutionalized. If they say they plan to kill others, they can get institutionalized. Stop pretending you understand anything in the psychological community because it's obvious you know nothing.

Right. Because officers never make mistakes. It's not like they ever randomly decide to just beat the shit of some random mentally ill person who posed no real threat to anyone until that person ends up dying.

Oh, wait. They do:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

Yep, you're an idiot. Go study psychology and come back.
8 more years, buddy.

Narcissistic personality disorder

HILLDOG HAS PARKINSONS

If you can't tell Donald Trump is insane, then you are too.

all politicians are narcissistic.

they go in front of people with a straight face and tell them that they are the only one that can do the job and solve the problems.

absolute fucking bullshit

at most he some mild traits of ADHD and asperger syndrome

>asperger syndrome
user... Asperger's doesn't exist anymore. It's just Autism now.

>muh DSM-5
regardless of what you want to call it there's a distinction between HFA and assburgers

I've never really agreed with the spectrum anyway. A high functioning individual is much different than somebody non-verbal. I think there should be different classifications, but whatever.

>Look, no one is going to lock you up when you're not a danger to you and/or others.
It happened to me once. I got my father to take me to the emergency room for physical health issues which made me semi-conscious and only able to answer questions for someone who was patient with repeating the question, being specific, and waiting for the answer. The triage station had a nurse trainee from the Philippines who didn't speak English very well. She guessed I was being brought in for psych issues and made the chart fit. The doctor went through the motions to generate confirmation of what was on the chart, and called in a shrink who did the same thing. None of them asked my father any questions other than whether he was concerned for my wellbeing (they didn't specify anything about "mental" or "psychiatric"), and he didn't understand what was going on at all. They didn't get him to sign anything, or otherwise get his permission, they just sent me to the mental ward on a 72-hour hold, with an absurd diagnosis of "manic episode".

By the time I got there I was feeling a little better and was able to talk normally. They immediately recognized that I was not manic at all, but when I started telling them that I was in pain and needed medical attention, they decided my problem was delusions or hallucinations of physical illness.

They held me for an entire week with no physical diagnostic attention. They wouldn't let me go until I agreed that my problems were psychiatric in nature, got signed up for a community mental health program, applied for psychiatric disability benefits, and signed up for a new primary care physician, who they sent my record saying I had delusions of physical illness.

Years later, I still haven't got it all sorted out. The people running the psychiatric program at the hospital, city, and provincial level wouldn't acknowledge basic provisions of the law, like the requirement to admit or release based on criteria spelled out in law.

...so are you delusional or not?

Was there a frog kid there...?

I'm not. I was going through some kind of refeeding thing after I stumbled on a diet that worked for (what I thought of as) my digestive problems. I hadn't realized how bad the malnutrition was, so when I fixed it I got electrolyte imbalance and other problems when I fixed it.

I got a genetic defect where I either need to eat a lot of fresh vegetables or take an obscure supplement (methylfolate), because I can't process folic acid normally. Without it, I'm pretty miserable.

The idiots recorded my electrolyte imbalance at the emergency room, as part of the basic bloodwork they do automatically before the doctor sees you, but the first guy paid no attention to it and it was all shrinks after that.

The frog kid sits in the corner. He don't hurt no one. Pay no mind to him telling you who deserves to burn. He's right about most of them, but he never helps anyway. Don't give him a pop tart, he begs and he acts all happy to get them, but later you find he just threw it in a corner.

Waste of a pop tart.

i dont trust hospitals for this exact kind of shit
theyll strap you to your bed and force you to undergo whatever medication or procedure they deem fit with or without consent and they get away with it because they have right of first care

Hopefully they didn't let him out. Frog kid can't live on the outside.

seems like an ethical violation, but these fags probably are on the board of ethics lel

Guy on the left. Blindly follows orders, has no idea what he's fighting for other than 'freedom'

Guy on the right. Is well informed of the issues that face the nation. Is concerned that if nothing is done great disaster will fall on us all such that even our soldiers won't save us.

Really makes you think.

Yeah, it's not like Trump has ever given any of those.

one on one with the doctor you dumb fuck

This is how you spot an anti military commie hillary-bern cuck.

The person on the left is well aware of why hes fighting, and that is to protect the freedom of its nation and the lives of our white children around the world from the foreign invaders.

You choose to ignore this undeniable fact because you hate the military.

The guy on the right is typing on a keyboard wondering if his gf bull will come visit tonight.

>independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-dangerous-mental-illness-yale-psychiatrist-conference-us-president-unfit-james-gartner-a7694316.html
i read it and jesus fuck what a cancer of an article

>Is Psychiatry nonsense?

Study after study shows they have no skill beyond what a fairly empathetic person with a 1/2 day training in counselling has.

So yes it is nonsense.

What makes you think this is necessary for someone who's been publicly spilling out their every deranged thought for years?

> diagnosis from afar doesn't work!
> absolute fucking bullshit!
> proceeds to diagnose patient from afar

Lmao

kill yourself you shitty failed troll

the argument in the article is basically that trump is delusional for saying his inauguration had the largest attendance ever. the assumption being that it's factually incorrect. but it's very reasonable to think that it was the largest.

edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/01/21/sean-spicer-donald-trump-inauguration-crowd-bts.cnn

and the rest of the article is people criticizing the psychiatrist and the psychiatrist just talking about his opinion with no arguments and trying to appeal to authority.

his opinion is more valuable than yours
not only is he a yale prof but he's writing for a respected newspaper, whereas you are an angry young man posting to Veeky Forums

and you did just try to use sean spicer as a source

ok retard believe what you want

trump won

hillary lost

stay triggered

not an argument

Guy on the left is paid through taxes which people almost unanimously complain about for some reason or another, guy on the right is paid by people's spending money.

>Yale

What a stupid fucking post

if computer science isn't science, psychology isn't science

american universities have really lost their credibility especially with all the literal faggotry with muh genders and muh safe spaces and with all the protesting and riots. the communist brainwashing scheme isn't just a conspiracy theory, it's real.

breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/21/berkeley-mayor-is-member-of-antifa-facebook-group-that-organized-riots/
goldengatexpress.org/2017/04/23/berkeley-police-investigate-alumnus-connection-to-rally-assault/

Psychiatry is basically a pseudo-science.

it's bullshit either way but the point is that high profile people within a supposedly legitimate field are able to be paid to create propaganda and contribute to a political end. They would never say this about Hillary. Nor would they spam the thousands of unsubtle shilling articles for 1.5 years.

We can protect ourselves, thank you. You are the biggest threat in the world anyway. World would be a better place without USA.

>free will
Lamo @ urlife kied

not an argument

Yeah nigger are you fucking retarded? It's propaganda and politics, in it to win it, or lose like ¡Jeb! or Hilldawg. Some of you fucking nerds are so god damn retarded, it's like you've never thought about anything outside of your nerdbox

>he thinks politicians don't have personas

lol. Honestly its fun looking at all of the simpletons who can't understand the nuances of human behavior in this thread.

>muh right wing firebrand is a narcissist!

And Barack Obama is a pathological liar for insisting that you could keep your doctor with Obamacare... over 40 times in public. And a psychopath for draining the middle class with healthcare plans that charge $1000+ premiums and $10,000+ deductibles.

Everybody fucking knows that the truth was somewhere between the mainstream media story and the Trump story if you did the analysis. Who gives a shit if Trump takes a chapter from his fucking Art of the Deal book and oversells himself? Fuck off.

>not an argument
not an argument

Trumps father ended up with Alzheimers, it's genetic... same thing happened with Reagan but it visibly progressed slower, Trump already has trouble remembering things, no way he doesn't lose his mind in the next 8 years

yes it is

>argumentum ad hominem

Nice logical fallacy there, buddy.

Sure makes you seem like the genius in this thread.

Psychology is no science so that article is invalid

>Psychology is no science so that article is invalid

I find it fucking hilarious that you people say things like this but then whenever I've tried asking you people for advice on how to deal with psychiatrists, psychologists, and psychotherapists, I have you people mocking me and telling me to listen to them no matter what.

None of you know jack shit about anything.

You people are all so fucking full of shit.

Fuck every single one of you.

calm down and go see your quack psychiatrist for some more crazy pills