en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1XGcNVTIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bill nye is dead to me

>tfw I went to the same high school and undergrad as Bill Nye

Should I be concerned?

Why does he wear the bow tie?

Thanks, I just got promoted

I think of myself as a pretty progressive guy - a thinking version of SJW. But oh my gawd... I couldn't watch pat about 30 seconds. My eyes and ears are still short-circuiting.

So when he watches his own show, he lacks a tool to hang himself with

Yeah, he became a multi millionaire while you shitpost on Veeky Forums. He clearly got a better education than you so you should start looking for lawyers to sue your schools for neglect.

user, money isn't that important past a certain level. I certainly wouldn't prostitute myself like Bill did just for a lot of money, because it's simply not the right thing to do.

why did they make another lena dunham

Disgusting. Vaginas are disgusting. Degenerates... I hate degenerates... Dammit Bill Nye, you used to cater to kids, now you cater to adults. Fuck this Earth. Does he not realize this will make me complain about SJWs even more? He needs to be stopped.

Where were you when Bill Nye became gas?

you went to MIT?

I'm a central-wing guy.

Every day, I try and defend people this right-wing tilting world is giving the stink eye.

Why do they make it so hard?

youtube.com/watch?v=KTq3xW7_hCU

I want to vomit

Bill Nye the Shabbos Goy

wtf I want to commit a hate crime now

>show about science
>vagina jokes and dude whites

should we just rely on china from now on?

Where did you hear that he went to MIT?

SEX JUNK

OH- OH-OR

that shit doesn't even rhyme, what kind of idiot thinks this is acceptable or funny?

SCROLL BACK UP FAGGOT AND PLAY THE VIDEO

>mfw civilization falls
Who here /wastelander/?

>Crowd goes silent.

The sad part is that he thinks he's helping the world.
He's probably single handily created more climate change deniers/evolution deniers/flat earthers, than anyone else.

>C̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶s̶m̶ Science rules!

>Bagels with lox
You know /pol/ is absolutely wrong about the Jews running the world, but they do have a point about them running the entertainment industry.

The US is officially a lost cause. I for one, welcome our new chinese overlords

How long would it take to learn Chinese or Japanese anons?

imagine being a person who doesn't know much science, and seeing this on TV, and having this be your first impression of science

Wow i guess climate change deniers might have a point

I feel like Japanese would be easier to learn; plus, Japan is a better country overall. Maybe one and a half to two years to become fluent (writing, reading, speaking) if you're dedicated.
However, if we get fucked by China then knowing Japanese is gonna do shit for you.

What the fuck?

What in the fuck? Oh my God

I want to fucking die

Leftist are starting to pollute science now

I haven't watched that show before this and I thought you guys were just memeing about it being a garbage normie tier ""science"" show. My god that was just utterly fucking terrible.It's pure cancer. Holy fucking shit. Even brainlets would be disgusted by that. Jesus fucking christ. I'm so glad Trump won because I know the type of people that made this were crying in their beds back in December. Fucking gas these people.

Absolutely disgusting

Just spread this around to destroy his name, fun fun. It is only right for person who isn't even a scientist.

if I was some dumb fuck American who saw this and thought this was what science was all about, I would want to take away all of its funding too

these truly are the end times

I welcome our machine overlords when they fucking kill us all for making this garbage. I thought this was a science show, not a ((science)) ""show""?

Same. It's just cringe, pure and simple.
I used to think Bill Nye was cool.

This. I used to like Billy the Science Goy, but now I hate him. It makes me sad

What is causing this level of decadence in the West? Lack of war? Too much coddling? Or is everyone just too afraid to say anything because the Left has gotten so ruthless in dealing with dissent? Fucking hell. I've been a liberal most of my life, but these people are reaching levels of self-obsession that just cannot be good for civilization long-term.

Jews, it was Jews then and it's Jews now.

As an avowed liberal, I fully support a reaction against this type of buffoonery. It's just silly. Please stop.

This is what Bernie and Obama campaigned on, this is liberalism whether you like it or not. Time to change ideologies.

Nah. Transgenderism is a real thing. But maybe there are better ways of doing this. I mean, this kinda looks like it's supposed to be funny (no one complains about straight male stand up comedians talking about their "sex junk" and the sort of sexcapades they engage in with it) the problem, as usual with seemingly well-meaning SJW propaganda, is that it's just not very funny. It's 100% cringe. It's time to switch strategies. This one clearly isn't working.

Transgenderism is indeed a real thing. A real mental illness.

>Bernie

No.

>Obama

He only turned into a commie in 2014.

It's some brain change sure. We don't castigate people with down syndrome though. You seem to want to do that witg transgenders for some reason, and people like you belong on /pol/ not on a science board.

And gender dismorphia belongs in the DSM

Also if you're not being skeptical of the scientific community you have no right to call yourself one.

Whatever you say, dummy

what's missing?

way to go, america.

kek

Are you guys sure its an agenda or its just Bill Nye out of touch?

Digusting

I don't think Bill wrote this out himself.
He just whores himself out for money, either ignoring or not knowing that this will backlash so hard flat earthers will see a sharp rise in membership.

I've seen several Hollywood social accounts and they legit think this kind of stuff is funny. I think it's less of an agenda and more of the fact they're completely out of touch with the newer generations and reality in general.

He's Jewish, what do you think? both.

I have a Jewish friend and I don't think he would find this kind of thing funny. Why are you generalizing on a science board?

I understand the angry reaction and that's fair, but people saying its the "downfall of western civilization" or this proves liberalism is evil are overeacting. Its Liberalism that gives the right to tell Bill Nye the Bachelor Degree guy this is garbage.

NO SARGE I ALREADY MADE IT HALFWAY THROUGH PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO IT

It's not the cause of the downfall, it's a symptom. The cause is the extreme narcissism and laziness of today's people. Of course you can say that every generation has said this about the younger generation, but the thing is all of them their right. A culture becomes more degenerate and more degenerate from generation to generation and at some point a generation is so lazy, so short sighted, so narcistic, and so hedonistic they are too degenerate to keep the fundamentals of the culture itself intact. But it's not just that woman with this horrible song, a person like Donald Trump getting elected President is as much a sign of the downfall, as a woman singing on national TV about her Vagina.

What will happen at the height of this downfall?

Complete chaos?

I agree with most on there, but what's the gripe with the March for Science?

>It's not the cause of the downfall, it's a symptom

It isn't, you're having the same perfectly natural reaction as everyone in history has had to something extremely unpalatable.

>The cause is the extreme narcissism and laziness of today's people

I'll tell you what the cause is, and I'll tell you why its not a big deal. Its post-modernism. Post-modernism, like anything, has come up with some good ideas, what you're seeing is the garbage that everyone will forget about when they move onto the next thing. Given that this is post-modernism's big moment, its really pathetic. When Modernism arrived, it completely revolutionized the world and every field imaginable. Post-modernism? Its effected humanities, but aside from sociology and psychology, science remains untouched. Its crowning achievement is... this. And no-one even likes it.

There's no degeneracy, there's no hedonism (hedonism isn't necessarily bad anyway) its just people being retarded and edgy for money. And do you think Bill Nye is in touch with kids or anything? He's not even in touch with science, some dumb producer probably told him this is what is "hip". Well, given 28,000 people watch it and only 58 liked it and 3000 didn't, that proves its not. Of course, they'll kick and scream and say its only because misogyny, but then rational people will use their freedom of speech to say that's bollocks.

Have more faith in people.

Surely we have someone here who can hijack a nuclear console and launch everything

Yeah same. It's really like they made this show just to fuck with people on this site

>bye nye is an mech engineer who worked for boeing before doing a kids show to inspire a new generation of sci fags

GOD DAMMIT BEING A KIDS EDUCATIONAL PERSON DOESN'T MAKE HIM THE FACE FIGURE OF ALL SCIENCE. YOU WOULDN'T CALL MR.RODGERS THE FACE OF ALL EDUCATION!! REEEEEEEEE

I think that for the last 4 or 6 years, maybe 7, people all over the world, of any culture, when they come in contact with stuff like this (because this been going on for a while!) had said the same things over and over:

''This is the end of our civilization / culture / country / values / ... "

Nothing ever happened. Been at it for years, looking, nothing ever broke out, society didn't shattered, the same retards kept being retards, those who disliked them kept preaching against them, people grow, people die, then the next batch comes in.

I don't know dude, as much as I like to believe that what will follow our current democracies is the most virulent and terrible of tyrannies, I don't think it will happen.

Btw. Plato / Socrates viewed it like that. That the bad thing of such a beautiful system in which the peoples could be anything whenever they wanted (a democracy) was that the ever increasing demand of this freedom would either lead to a tyrant taking over (by using the momentum caused by the peoples, in other words, fooling them) or the most violent of repressions.

Just felt like adding that up for no reason.

We're seeing it in Turkey right now.
Erdogan can stay for another 15 years and the death penalty is maybe making a comeback.

>degenerate
>hedonistic
>>>/church/

Turkey is not Western civilization.
And it was never fully democratic to begin with.

>Does he not realize this will make me complain about SJWs even more?
I don't think you're on Bill Nye's radar as much as you think you are.

Don't be mistaken.

This isn't the fault of Science but the fault of Americans. The most degenerate people on the planet.

The sooner a civil war encapsulates them, the better.

And I will make him regret that! When he sees all the SJW hate, he will realize how degenerate and hedonistic they all are. I will fix this disgusting world. This show can't exist. It affects me personally by me knowing it exists. And then I will have to deal with SJWs everywhere because that's what the show will turn people into. And the SJWs are going to act degenerate around me. How is that right?

It was a relatively successful secular islamic democracy and is still part of NATO.
It might not be the end of the Western civilization but it is catastrophic for the Turkish, don't think it couldn't happen in the west.

Wealth obviously, and social media.

Can you just fuck off for one thread?

I kinda liked it.

It was never ranked as "Free" in Freedom House Index.
It was only secular because the army regularly had to step in against the Islamists. (Last successful coup in the year 2000, last coup attempt in 2016)
This means democracy as we understand it in the West (strong separation of powers, rule of law, checks and balances, strong competing party system, free press) never consolidated in Turkey. It wasn't a true democracy.

Lastly NATO membership has nothing to do with democracy, Turkey was a full blown dictatorship when it joined.

>It was only secular because the army regularly had to step in against the Islamists
A powerful force that kept the Islamists in line.
Might not be ideal but now Erdogan had purged them from the military, it's probably the last coup we're going to see in Turkey for a long time. In that sense is has become less secular and more Islamic.

And as of short there were term limits for the President, that has been done away with and the President stopped being more of a ceremonial function to being the highest form of government. Add to it the new referendum and I have listen a lot of ways in which Turkey has become less democratic, which means it was somewhat democratic before this entire debacle.

Not sure what you're arguing with here, I never claimed Turkey was a European style democracy, just a one of it's kind in the middle east, a pretty good accomplishment.

>Not sure what you're arguing with here
That democracy is in retreat worldwide, sure, but only in the countries where it never consolidated to begin with. It's not the downfall of Western civilization or anything of the sort.

See Turkey's "democracy" was a fluke brought by the 1990s and the possibility of joining the EU. As the tide reversed so did Turkey. Democratization spread in the 1990s but did not consolidate in many of these countries.

>And it was never fully democratic to begin with.
neither was USA. A democratic republic is not a democracy.

and banking

>A democratic republic is not a democracy.
????
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy
Idiot

FPBP

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1XGcNVTIE

HALP!

man, this is bad

You can't make me.

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I don't even care anymore. I'm a creationist now. At least when I used to go to church there were cute girls with decent values. This is the future that secularism and science will bring us.

>bagels with lox
every
single
time

fucking kill yourself, money isn't success

this is china-tier mentality, you wouldn't happen to be Chinese, would you?

>being a burncuck in 2017
wew. Did you even listen to any of his speeches dude? its exactly what he campaigned on +his whole shpeal about wages and THA WHAAAN PRHAAHSANT

>I have a Jewish friend and I don't think he would find this kind of thing funny

Trump just give us the order
So god help me please

>looking at trends is unscientific
user...

No one cared who he was before het put on the bow tie.

I don't even want my ME degree now that this turd is associated with it.

Groovin on repeat, thanks for the link user