I've always wanted to be a scientist because that lab coat looks so awesome

>I've always wanted to be a scientist because that lab coat looks so awesome.

Are you I STEM for shallow reasons too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=id85TEEJHHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to be a doctor so people would give me greater respect

You can literally buy one off eBay moron

Nothing wrong with that Dr. user

I like lab coats as much as your average scientist but it's not anywhere near a significant reason for doing stem.

Though I'm studying chemistry because I find it easy but also interesting and enjoyable so IDK.

I want to be a doctor so I can make so much money.

Too late now because I'm 3 years into my Biomed degree with a $85 k price tag at MIT. FML

>The reason I chose analytic number theory over algebraic number theory was that with analytic number theory, you start using really abstract symbols and writing dense proofs since the beginning, meanwhile elementary algebraic number theory is just cyclic groups.

And I'm already too deep to go back.

I know the feels user....

I remember you guys taking the piss put of me when asking about science because I was in highschool.

Now that I'm in uni it's clear this board is full of fellow undergrads and shitposters.

So with that in consideration I wouldn't worry about it.

I want to be an engineer so I can build hovercrafts and lasers

I want to impress my mom

I'm completing a PhD program for neuroscience because my waifu Kurisu was doing that too.

I regret everything

Yikes!!!

CS so I can make my own waifu

It feels a little bad when, because of classes, I keep seeing algebraic number theory and it gets more and more interesting but for more than a year now have I been studying (more) advanced analytic number theory.

You know, those divisor sums just look so sexy. The way that you can manipulate them and the expression becomes so dense and unintelligible but then through clever manipulation (this divisor sum is actually the sum of this, and this part here is the dirichlet product of this and this, and this part here vanishes because of this identity) it shrinks back down to a neat looking identity involving the euler totient, the mobius function and the mangoldt function or some other things. All those famous arithmetic functions have the most smart-looking notation. I feel like a big boy writing [math] \mu[/math]

And that was it. Divisor sums were my gateway drug.

>CS degree making money?
Hahahahahahahahahaaahah

I wear a lab coat in my shitty internship job

I like math, electricity, and building shit. Pay checks are a plus.

Let's be honest here, I'm in STEM because I wanted to be pick related as a kid and so is everyone here.

There are plenty of companies started by compsci majors, dipshit

I joined Geology because bitches love Geologists. Well that's not really the reason, I think rocks and rivers are dope.

You need a bowtie too, boyo

and no time to enjoy it.

fell for the chemistry degree meme

The only good paying job on my country is in medicine, so it's not that bad.

why the fuck is that stupid idiot pipetting in front of his computer

My white boi ***

>Not wanting to be Indiana Jones

I'm aerospace because boom kaboom planes!

I'm Jewish.

Don't matter, I can buy lots of shit and shit talk everyone else for being poor. If shit comes up that I have no time to enjoy it, I'll just make them feel bad about themselves, at least my job makes a difference in the world.

I want to make money.

I want to be a mathematician because I want to get paid to be austistic and get awards and feel special for my mental masterbaition.

>this but physics
Also, I have ADHD.

I'm getting a degree in comp sci and math. I'm literally only getting the math degree so I can shit on my fellow computer scientists and make them feel like shit when they do something in a retarded way.

I have to admit I really get turned on by molecular orbitals

Money and breaking bad in that order

breaking bad was a big one for me.
I'm from a cohort of chemists who would've started really focusing their degrees into chemistry in and around the time Breaking Bad was popular, and it's both a blessing and a curse. While the show was great, and it helped foster my love for big reactors, I really fucking can't stand being asked if I want to synthesize methamphetamine at every single dinner party and event.

Big reactors are cool as fuck though. Process chemistry is the real breaking bad.

My mother made me.

Fuck that is some sexy equipment. Too bad chemists are slobs and in real life that thing would be grimy as fuck

>starting a company
>working in the field
If they were the same, niggers would be rich.

>retire at 60
>smoke weed and fuck whores till you die

sounds great

Don't chemists not even make that much

I just wanted to be able to do cool stuff with development boards and electronics, i was jealous of my cousin and i thought i was too bad at math to do a theoretical physics degree (which didn't have much job prospects except in academics).
At least EE was fun and made me like maths again.

no I wanted to mess with genes and respec the stats of other organisms as well as produce mythical creatures by crossing them.

>Big reactors
>Chemistry

I think you mean chemical engineering bud

>till you die
You mean two years later because of an aneurysm ?

Why don't you just become an actor. Scientists have to do science. Actors just have to wear the duds.

I wanted to be a Scientist just so I could wake up in the morning and have thoughtful conversations with Sci mates during breakfast.

I dropped out of high school so that's that.

aw dude you need to tell me if it's worth

I'm planning take biomed at temple

Hey same deal here. I want to take it a step further with designer babies as well. Perhaps even cross human DNA with animal DNA.

my brother is going for organic chemistry because of Breaking Bad

I thought I was the only one!!

I never got over the dinosaur phase.
These magazines started it all when I was 6 years old.

>Liked being called a (mad) scientist
>Liked labcoats
>Liked brains 'n stuff so chose neuroscience
>Steins;Gate happens
>Kurisu reaffirms me that neuroscience is cool
>The internet tells me neuroscience lets me do everything from cyborgs to psychology-with-science
>Now I will probably spend the rest of my days looking at ion channels or some mental disease in rats

Only will ever be able to understand my suffering.

Hey make waifus for us too

In VR and unreal engine.

I thought that the notation used in more advanced mathematics looked really pretty.

I'm going into engineering because solving design problems and figuring the specifics out is my jam. By peers and buddies all fell for the "muh engineering is about getting it to where it's good enough" meme. They're too lazy to calculate out their results completely so they resort to winging it and quoting other lazy ass engineers about why they don't have to make their design as good and elegant as possible.

I can't tell if I got into med school because I genuinely want to help people or because of the idea of feeling appreciated by the community for helping said people.

>at least my job makes a difference in the world.
Yeah, fuelling overpopulation.
Except everyone you know and associate with is also a doctor, and hence cares not at all.

Someone seems a tad bit assblasted

I want to be a physicist since I like physics

Wow I had already moved past dinosaurs and insects by 6 and moved on to marine biology.
Atleast the dinosaurs went extinct before you started studying them :'(

God fucking damn it, story of my life.
I literally am compelled to prove to others that I am the smart and competent person my teachers told me I was all through grade school. I am addicted to others praise and approval and my image. I want to not think that way but I can't undo the narcissism that manifested itself in me and is eating me from the inside out. Physician Scientist is the means to those ends and I wish I was more interested in it but it's not like I take interest in it outside the necessary knowledge I need to perform at an academic level. In my free time, when I'm not yelling at 11 year olds on Rocket League that blown me the fuck out on 1v1, I'm giggling at dumb meme compilations on YT or shitposting here. All in doing is acting for everyone including myself and finding every little distraction before my inevitable demise.

stop it user, its like youre in my head

i came here to laugh, not face my insecurity.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH