Bill Nye, the Totalitarian Guy

Are you a climate "denier"? You should go to jail!

ff.org/bill-nye-the-totalitarian-guy-climate-deniers-should-go-to-jail/

Other urls found in this thread:

quadrant.org.au/magazine/2015/06/climate-wars-done-science/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds good

everyone that posts on /pol/ should go to jail even if they believe in climate change

sage

Sounds good. They weren't really helping society anyway, just conspiracy theorists.

If you morons agree with him, you deserve a horrible death.

Can we keep this guy being retarded and climate change being real separate?

Both are true, but we all know Veeky Forums can't move on with their lives without swaying to some extreme of a side to stick it to "team 2".

this

This is breitbart levels of reporting. The headline is literally fake news. He never said "climate deniers should go to jail" and the youtube link is in the fucking article. This is the worst level of being wrong, when you can verify that it's false in a single minute.

Nice to see you aren't actual scientce advocates and are just political hacks.

I believe in anthropogenic climate change, but does anyone else think it's weird that it's the only part of science that you're not allowed to dissent in

>The headline is literally fake news.
No, it's not.

>Do you think that jailing skeptics as war criminals is right?
>well, we'll see what happens...

It's because is the only part of science that has become heavily political, so yeah, any side you take on this automatically you're siding with a political party

ok but isn't that bad

There's scientists that dissent in way weirder ways than "maybe much of the changing climate is caused by nonhuman factors" in other fields

You realize that no reputable source will ever infer what someone means, right? Or do you actually just read blogshit for your news?

You're defending Bill really hard, makes me wonder who you voted for.

Nope, not defending shit. I simply don't have patience for autists who use infowars and breitbart for news.

Yeah, enlightened smart people like you use HuffPo and Salon.

Watch the video for context, he makes it very clear that he has no problem with making illegal disagreeing on global warming and jailing people.

This guy doesn't care about free speech, what an asshole. Science guy my ass.

they should be walked to the Wall and be shot

boo-hoo rebcunt tears

Yes, that's a reasonable interpretation of what he said. Jailing people over protected speech is absolutely retarded, but that doesn't excuse dishonest journalism.

This is pretty much the only thing this dumb engineer has been right about.

I'm a physics grad student at a top 5, you state-school mongoloid.

No, you're a tool for the green lobby. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums you piece of shit.

Dude, solar roads man

Nice strawman, desu.

You strawmanned first, bitch.

We already jail neo nazis and koo klux klan members, why not degenerate tards poisoning the general public with their stupidity.

Let's jail GMO deniers and homeopaths too.

Ever heard of free speech, retard?

we dont jail KKK members, fäm. But thats mostly because its 95% made up of federal agents, trying to figure out who the other 5 percent are.

Not the same guy, but just use al jazeera and go outside more often.

maybe free speech is not such a great idea

>We already jail neo nazis and koo klux klan members

Not for being neo nazis and KKK members though.

>Al Jazeera

Nice propaganda

indeed. censorship is the greatest weapon available to advance scientific thought. Wrongthing will only stray us from the path set forward by our enlightened peers who know better on what we should say and think.

perhaps certain fields would be better off if certain crazies would have been silenced. consider psychology & freud
have you ever thought that maybe free speech is not something necessarily fundamental to civilization... it really dates back to enlightenment. j.s. mill, for example, is for free speech with some pretty weak arguments if you really look at them.

>al jazeera
Good luck with anything related to the arab world.

Any censorship bureau we would have created, would have been inevitably be corrupted and infiltrated by people no longer with the best intentions. Freedom of speech and thought is the only possible way to avoid such undeserved power from falling into incompetent hands.

Also, no matter the damage done by freud or others, it was a lesson from what we built something new.

Whatever problem you see with free speech, any alternative potentially results in much worse.

While you're at it, maybe we should jail smokers and drinkers for harming themselves.

But think on how many people would still be alive today if we had only censored jesus christ.

People who don't go to a top 5 shouldn't be able to voice their opinions.

Where did you get your gender and holocaust studies degree?

Hes the perfect mascot for Veeky Forums

Who the fuck denies climate? Climate has been around for billions of years.

>just posting a clickbait article with no commentary
>copying the thread subject directly from the article title
This isn't reddit.

They should be walked to the Edge and tipped over the side of the Earth.

You should have muted Moses. That fäm was the one who started!

More evidence that climate change is a scam

If I deny evolution, nothing happens.
If I deny physics , nothing happens.
If I deny AGW, go to jail.

We are living in the neo dark ages people.

Yes

Which means it's a scam
No other scientific displine is this touchy

The truth doesn't fear investigations

>Gender theory = bunk and not science
>Cultural appropriation shit = bunk and not science
>Global warming = real
>Man made global warming = potentially real

There you go

i myself n can't wait for paintedgoldnakedbill(nye)

Look theres a reason scientists don't make good leaders.

what does it say?

>photoshop

The worst part about all of this is the fact that Bill Nye could've had a really solid show.

Instead, we've attained the unwanted abortion of Hollywood Jews.

no they should be walked to the poles and thrown inside the earth

it's a graph that shows the bell curve of iqs of different races

im ok with this
>staring at THAT much evidence, and just saying "nah no thanks"
we'd honestly be better off without those people

The irony in criticizing someone for wanting to jail people who disagree with him, then wanting people people to die when they disagree with you.

the problem is that not wanting your tax dollars to go to government boondoggles is the same thing as being a denier.

/pol/ sure is retarded. You can legally lie about anything you want as long as you aren't lying in order to trick people into buying your product. That's called fraud, which is what Enron did.

>muh free speech
>deyz persecuting me
Truly pathetic

Breitbart is not fake news

Free speech laws doesn't mean you should say wrong things

Hahaha, nice one.

>If I deny AGW, go to jail.
you're still here, rebcunt

(Checked)

It's endorsed by the fucking president, you dumb tit

>Racial equity

I'd like a 50% equity stake in niggers.

Fucking this, the government needs way more fucking oversight if it wants to actually deal with climate change and move towards trying to control it, or else we're just gonna end up with thousands of wind farms and solar roadways and other such shit.

>tfw when people will never stop being afraid of nuclear power

>investing in niggers

>he doesn't know how to do business

denying an universal truth in order to keep your business alive should be illegal, he's right
It's not like conspiracy theorist are valuable member of society anyway

So is fucking your own daughter

>Al Jazeera
No thanks, I'll stick to a reliable, honest & unbiased news source like Russia Today :+)

>humanity would be in utopia without Jesus Christ!

Men have murdered eachother over women and resources since the dawn of humanity. Or did you think mythology did that..?

Honestly, with all the scandals popping up in the field of climate science with shit like the NOAA whistleblower and climategate, I've become more skeptical of climate """science""" than ever before.
>You're WRONG it doesn't matter what points you bring up you're just WRONG lalala I'm right manmade climate change is DANGEROUS AND GOING TO KILL US ALL SOON

Disagree. Anyone with interests in science should at the very least explore /pol/ a little bit. It is a fascinating microcosm of social interactions. No other board has people from Switzerland and people from Brazil and people from India arguing about circumcision at 3 am.

>No other board has people from Switzerland and people from Brazil and people from India arguing about circumcision at 3 am.
Yes, Reddit

Are you retarded?

Try and say half the shit Veeky Forums users say and see what happens.

Disagree with Muslims?
>banned for being islamaphobic
Try and have a rational discussion about Trump without ad homien attacks at him?
>banned for being a Drumpf supporter
Say anything remotely bad about minorities (besides whites of course, everyone knows they are now free game)
>Banned for alleged racism

If you think Redditt is anything like Veeky Forums you are a idiot.

Redditt is so heavily moderated its not even about facts most of the time, just getting upvotes and getting people to agree with you. Arguement a are also one sided depending on moderation.

This site at Least allows free speech.

>people disbelieve in climate change
>those same people believe the earth is flat
ggwp

>Guy thinks Tobacco industry is bad and liars
>Guy concludes maybe we should punish people trying to hurt other people and lie about it
>Clearly he means jail me and my family because we get our understanding of the climate from Steven Crowder

sure but thats not not being a denier, thats offering different ways to tackle the problem. being a denier is to say there is no problem to tackle

>the president decides what's real news and what isn't

topkek

He's talking about the professionals, in industry and the lobbyists not you and me. And he's right. They're fucking psychopaths.

Can we stop trying to treat climate change as fake news just because the left thinks it's important, WHICH IT IS

The president thinks climate change is a hoax propogated by the Chinese too

literallty that eagle from muppets #binnlie9/11ven

what about free speech?

What does fraud have to do with free speech?

Of course, I think everyone here agrees what the definition should be. It should only apply to people who think that climate change is something that we need to be concerned about.

However, there are a lot of people who think that anyone who disagrees with the pop-science and blatant shilling going around about certain things is also a denier.

For example, a lot of people would say that natural gas and coal are intrinsically dirty, but there are a lot of people trying to find ways to reduce their emissions. There's a dude in Texas named Allam Cycle who is trying to make a natural gas power plant that takes the CO2 generated from burning natural gas and pressurizing it to spin a turbine instead of using steam to do so, as opposed to using steam to do so, then directing the excess off site for safe storage.

If that works (they're trying to get it built now so we'll see) then there will be a fossil fuel power plant with virtually zero carbon emissions. Not only that, but as far as I'm aware this is funded completley privately with no government gimmes like a bunch of the bullshit stuff that other people are shilling use.

The company is called Net Power and is a joint venture between Allam Cycle, Exelon, and CB&I and Toshiba is trying to build the systems for it in case you want to do some googling.

Is he...dare I say it? /ourguy/?

He's a useful idiot most of the time and the other times he's just an idiot.

It's pretty stupid to deny climate change 2bh. But I am pretty skeptical that it's going to be DRASTICALLY DANGEROUS like so many articles proclaim.

quadrant.org.au/magazine/2015/06/climate-wars-done-science/
This is an interesting counterpoint to the debate analyzing the misrepresentation of the mainstream data we've seen. The guy's not a climate change denier, but he's skeptical on the ethics and scandals corrupting climate science.

>tfw when reality has become a partisan issue
>tfw when your party is on the anti-reality side
Guess I'm voting libertarian next time around. :|

If only they could put up a competent candidate

And that's why you and all your kind will get killed soon.
Ever heard of : "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ". Try to guess against who people will defend to the death this right.

We should have censored Adam and Eve. Humanity was a mistake

It depends what you mean by "dangerous". Certainly tens or hundreds of millions will die, and possibly civilization will end (unlikely but possible). Certainly EUROPEAN civilization will end, since Europe will be mostly underwater.