Bill Nye: I'm a scientist

Bill Nye: I'm a scientist

Also Bill Nye:

Other urls found in this thread:

citizengo.org/en-us/39715-tell-national-geographic-gender-ideology-harms-children
youtube.com/watch?v=UtVJdPfm0F8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/856650326136455168
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

citizengo.org/en-us/39715-tell-national-geographic-gender-ideology-harms-children

96,664 people have signed. Help us reach 100,000 signatures.

On August 17, 2016, the American College of Pediatricians issued a statement saying “gender Ideology harms children,” and “urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.” In their statement, they go on to say “a person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.”

These statements are supported by three leading medical doctors in the field, including Paul McHugh, M.D., University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

The statement goes on to say "Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse."

>think of the children

I signed the petition even though it means nothing. Why don't you fuck off now?

Bill Noy the Science Goy

>Gender (arguably a spectrum) is just like sex (a biological constant with some non-binary mutations that do not survive in the wild): a spectrum
Annnnd into the fucking trash.

hello
I came from pol just to witness the redpilling happening here
witness the leftism we have battled for ages
it's become so dense even you guys cannot ignore it anymore
politeness > facts
not triggering > logic
WELCOME TO OUR SIDE BITCHES

How do I scientifically identify my gender? What empirical tests do I have to conduct in order to know my gender?

Fuck off retard. You aren't bringing us new information, you have nothing to add that we aren't already aware of.
Kill yourself.

thanks for the confirmation

We aren't liberals, but we aren't /pol/tards either

Cute boy 2bh.

> boy

Clearly you need to learn more about (((science)))

It's pretty obvious to me Bill doesn't even really believe this shit. He's just a greedy douche bag who is cashing in on the "le reddit science maymays"

Not an argument.

you sound like a deluded SJWtard alright

>[Nye] studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[10] and graduated with a BS in mechanical engineering in 1977.

you believe in cold hard evidence and facts yeah
but you don't hate the jews for enstating a triablistic value system which puts them in a religion that states that goys have no souls and only exist to be exorted by jewish people? if you don't believe the facts then leave Veeky Forums

>tfw there are three of these fucking threads on the front page
you really have to go back /pol/

>souls
>crying about religion
it's time to go back to the containment board

underrated post

It's like scientifically identifying an addict vs someone who likes to use often

Is not it a child show, most likely an adult one, or I'm wrong?

It's geared to adults, as he says in the first episode. It's still a shitty science show full of annoying preaching to the choir.

Isn't that the scientific consensus, though?

no

i can't tell if he's talking about sex, or procreation; but i do think he's trying to imply that sex doesn't exist

>mfw listening to nye

What timeline are we in, again?

>What is figurative speech

What are you, a turboautist?

where did it all go so wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=UtVJdPfm0F8

>TRANNIES RULE!

>pluto

I miss the good old days.

>science rules
That was so gay.

>academia develops gender studies
>realize there's nothing to learn that warrants dedicating 4 years in university
>decide to just make shit up by cramming in made-up words to justify its existence and funding

They could trick more people into believing this nonsense if they even made an attempt at defining what gender is instead of this vague shit about spectrums and fluidity.

Wrong. As long as something is not clearly defined it can be anything and so it's uses are infinite.

woke

Is Bill Nye a transgender man?

>The American College of Pediatricians was formed as a protest to the American Academy of Pediatrics' support of gay adoption
>Has 500 members compared to the AAP's 60000

That's not to say they should be dismissed, but presenting their statement as if it is the predominant opinion of a well-respected group of doctors is dishonest.

Bill Nye the "I never got a Doctorates let alone a Masters yet somehow I am famous" Guy

>Someone said something I disagree with
>Therefore hes a horrible, uncaring white supremacist Nazi
Thats not a refutation. Thats sticking your fingers in your ears while yelling "NANANANANA CANT HEAR YOU NANANANA".

Grow up.

>Therefore hes a horrible, uncaring white supremacist Nazi
/pol/ has many more flavors than Nazi. They're all shitty, but definitely different.

It's either

1) a science show geared toward a kids that singsong about muh vagina and includes a clip about ice cream orgies where everyone's gay.

2) an adult science show with the worst fucking scientific content I've ever seen.

3) a politics show that includes the tiniest amount of science just to be Calle do science show.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
How long can you watch this for

Bill awfully sounds very familar to /pol/tards who defend their shemale chasing ways.
>dude, her 9 inch cock is feminine so it's not gay.

Do you meet the COPPA compliance?

>6 threads about this doofus
>Giving Nye free publicity by reposting the same shit over and over again

Exactly what /pol/ wants. They want to show Nye off as the face of all liberals to make them look bad.

Liberals or conservatives or whatever, they're all just part of a spectrum.

>all jews are le same
You definitely are an uneducated unscientific lebbitor

Your opinion is part of a spectrum of idiocy

You are the idiot to unironically believe all Jews are a hivemind
It's a scientific fact that like all humans, Jews have individual and dissenting thoughts from their peers

Hiveminds are part of a spectrum Jewry

Jews are a member of homo sapiens
All members of homogeneous sapiens aren't hivemind animals
Go get edumacated you cretin

*homo sapiens
Dang it autocorrect

Check for dick
Dick? Male or Bridget
No dick? Female

>On August 17, 2016, the American College of Pediatricians

>Falling for the ACP scam

So what's it like being a brainlet?

The hominid group is a spectrum

Fake. Photoshop is a spectrum.

It's not fake though.

twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/856650326136455168
He says it around 1:30

That wasn't so bad as you guys made it to be. It's a pretty reasonable explanation about gender and sexuality.

Gender is clearly defined, goy.

>Jews are a member of homo sapiens

Debatable.

I thought all this shit was fake until I actually watched the episode. I really REALLY don't recommend watching it at all in any form. In fact, just bleach your eyes now as a precaution.

>Sex is also on a spectrum
>We used to think XY meant male, and XX meant female
>But we see more combinations than that in real life

Yeah, because these clearly aren't just genetic disorders, having XXX or XXY just means you're somehow on a spectrum

Dropped. I'm not having this conversation anymore you delusional fucktard.

XYY syndrome is so rare. It's even thought that most people who have it are criminals.

That's wrong. It was a myth. XYY is very rare, but has no implications wrt proclivity for violence

Delusion is a spectrum

Oh lawdy! Those adverse health effects that come with having an extra chromosome is sure sum spectrum.

>not wanting a bunch of young traps who took hormones before puberty
Stop fucking up the plan asshole.

You're on a spectrum.

>gets called out
>instantly scurries away instead of daring to lose a debate
Millennial trash detected

Top kek

Not the guy you were responding to, but the jew thing was top kek

There's nothing unnatural about people choosing their own gender.

Pull that stick off your ass and let people live their lives as they want.

*its
I hardly expect someone who can't wrap their head around contractions to understand language lmao

Please enlighten me of all the other times in nature besides humans where animals choose their own gender

Also sex changing species aren't gender changing so good luck

>besides human

Why this arbitrary standard?

Well you're trying to show that it's natural and that it occurs in nature, so I'd like to see any example outside of humans

Humans are a part of nature, you dumb fuck.

Doesn't mean everything humans do is natural

Eating shit is natural.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

Dont speak for us moron

Fuck off, memer. The whole fag/tranny debate is about nature, rarely about quality.

I don't believe the whole spectrum thing but this is not a valid argument. Every other species is either incapable of understanding the concept, or is incapable of communicating that knowledge to us.

Whether its natural or not is irrelevant.

>Pull that stick off your ass and let people live their lives as they want.
The problem isn't when mentally ill perverts like you see to the left decides to indulge in his fetishes. Consenting adults and all that- provided he doesn't insist on being allowed into the womens toilets. The problem is when kids are misled or coerced to believe they are a member of the opposite sex, and only realize how wrong they, and their parents, are, after the damage is done. Worst case scenario, the kid kills him/herself. Best case, hes traumatized for life, regrets his/her entire childhood, and needs therapy to prevent the worst case scenario from happening.

>bill nye
>scientist

More like bill bye it was nice knowing you before Jewish SJW corruption.

>spectrum spectrum spectrum spectrum spectrum

>People claim both "agender" and "bigender" lie on this spectrum
>As well as several proposed "third genders"

It's
A
Fucking
VECTOR SPACE YOU BRAINLETS
AT LEAST PRESENT YOUR INCORRECT MODEL PROPERLY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even mind gender being considered different from sex
Sex is biological, there are two, and you can't change that. If you're born A, you can never be B.

The argument the tumblr/left/cucks, whatever you wanna call them have is that gender is different to sex. It's not the sex you are, but more the sex you identify with?
You should still never be able to be a female if you're born male, sex or gender, but if you get fake tits and act/dress/look like a girl, you can call yourself mtf (male to female) and use 'she' as your pronoun if you want. You'll never be a girl, but you can be a ladyboy I guess.

I guess it's just one of those subject of "how far do you let them go". I'm personally alright with this one, but then that opens doors for people who claim to be wolfs, which is fucking stupid. But I'm aware people think my exact argument I just put across now is just as stupid as pretending to be a wolf, so we'll never come to an end of this whole debate in a looooong time.

>The problem is when kids are misled or coerced to believe they are a member of the opposite sex
Though this certainly happens as outliers always exist and there is always someone on the extreme, every example I have seen of a trans child has followed this pattern:

>Otherwise normal boy starts wearing mom's clothes
>Parents dismiss it as normal kid stuff
>Child does it increasingly and begins insisting he wear the clothes in public
>Parents explain that those are women's clothes, not for boys, and begin to forbid him from wearing them
>Kid becomes depressed and behavioral problems develop. He sneaks and wears the clothes anyway
>Parents eventually think something may be up and take the kids to the doctor
>Doctor says it's probably nothing, but explains the possibility of the child being trans, explains what it is and gives them peer-reviewed articles on gender dysphoria and treatment
>Says to wait and see if he grows out of it
>Kid approaches puberty, still hasn't grown out of it. By now has learned what transgenderism is and says he's a girl
>Doctor recommends hormone blockers to keep kid from entering puberty
>Finally, after years of telling everyone he's a girl, the now mid-adolescent teenager is deemed mature enough to make that decision and they begin hormone replacement therapy

So ultimately, if you have an issue with that process, it should be with the doctors who recommend this treatment and the research they point to which support their claims. That's where you need to point your crusade.

And hermaphroditism doesn't exist?

I was just excluding that because it effects about 0.1% of the population and just confuses shit.
Almost everyone is either male or female, and when someone gets a sex change it's to become one or the other, not a hermaphrodite.

There's technically 3 sexes yes, but the third doesn't apply for anyone involved in this whole debate.

they won't have dicks anymore by the time they become legal, that or they'll be tiny as fuck.

This whole debate is not about teaching the world about something, it's just about redefining the word 'gender' to include a broader range of personalities. Same reason people consistently come up with new euphemisms for words they don't like and out of nowhere are deemed unacceptable.

Yeah, well that's the whole point in their argument
They're effectively re-defining gender to be different from sex, since sex is biological (there's no arguing that), but they are wanting to claim gender is more social based, like what I said about how you identify, rather than your biological sex.

If they were smart, they'd ditch the whole word gender altogether and just come up with a new one which means exactly the same thing, but isn't redefining a word, that way no one can argue with it.

>come up with a new one which means exactly the same thing, but isn't redefining a word
But you're acting like this is a concerted, conscious effort by a small group. That's not how language changes.

Language is a spectrum.

I agree completely user. It seems the definition of gender is personality but anyone can make one up to describe themselves. And with pronouns, we should just use them in accordabce with sex as that is easy to tell and doesnt require people to remember made up words