How much to terraform Mars with nukes?

How much time will it take to fully terraform Mars with nuclear weapons?

Is it worth it?

bamp

>bumping your own failed thread

It can't be done with nukes, regardless of the amount you use. You need asteroids and comets to smack into it after slingshotting around the sun or whatever trajectory would be best.

>implying you couldn't de-orbit Phobos with nukes

I vote try it, but I get to push the button, you know, just in case

>How much to terraform Mars with nukes?
How much to terraform Mars without magnetic fields?
>Magnetic fields protect from Solar Winds & Cosmic Radiation & prevents the atmosphere be dragged away by erosion.

Get its core chugging again, brah.

I guess antimatter annihilation is a type of nuclear reaction and a bomb made of that would be a nuke, but I doubt you meant that.

Fuck Mars.

Venus would be great, huh. But what's the plan?

penetrate the upper layers of the atmosphere so that the poisonous gases escape into space and we replace them with oxygen and nitrogen

1. Set up initial floating cities on the upper Venusian atmosphere where conditions are the closest to Earth in the solar system
2. Bombard the atmosphere with hydrogen, creating graphite and water through the Bosch reaction. This ends Venus' Greenhouse Effect, cooling the planet and thinning the atmosphere.
3. Install a polar orbital mirror system that can simulate a 24 hr cycle.
4. Seed plant life and let nature do the rest.

Well, when you put it like that...

Nuke it until it's green

Why use nukes? Its pointless. Just plonk humans and animals there and it will terraform itself with all the gases they release from industry and agriculture.

timeframe?

>Bombard the atmosphere with hydrogen, creating graphite and water through the Bosch reaction. This ends Venus' Greenhouse Effect, cooling the planet and thinning the atmosphere.

Is there such a thing as extremophile bacteria capable of surviving through the harsh conditions of Venus' surface that could transform the planet's atmosphere into being oxygen-rich via photosynthesis, thereby causing an oxygenation event similar to Earth's Great Oxygenation Event about 2,300,000,000 years ago?

Name one extremophile that can stand temperatures upwards of 500 degrees and the crushing pressure of venus' atmosphere

this

terraforming is a meme, mars core is dead so it's impossible

A question here. Why does venus lack magnetic field when turds like mercury and even ganymede do? Is the high crust temperature fucking with the whole dynamo thing?

>How much to terraform Mars without magnetic fields?
It would take millions of years for Solar wind to destroy the atmosphere.

>MUH FLOATING CITIES
Not only would terraforming Venus be far FAR harder than doing it to pretty much any other planetary body in the solar system but even getting to venus is harder than it is to get to other places since you have to have an enormous amount of delta v to decelerate sunward.

>Is the high crust temperature fucking with the whole dynamo thing?
Yeah most likely, no/little convection.