Hilbert space

>Hilbert space
>gauge symmetry
>vector calculus

Is vector calc tough? I have it next year

>not taking vector calculus in first year.

Engineer faggot detected.

The second one is a little understandable. At least for proving that Yang-Mills retains gauge symmetry upon quantization. If the other two make you sweat you're probably not even engineer-tier.

>vector calculus
>Hilbert space

I love how developed-country-fags suffer with those subjects. Things here are disproportionally hard, and professors fail 90~95% of the class just because they can.

If you think that's hard, you wouldn't even be able to do calc 1 here.

It's probably hard because you are an unproductive gamer

Even I took vector calc first semester; don't lump him in with us engineers.

How often do you yell "NOPE"?

gauge symmetry can be taught at the level of undergraduate electromagnetism, to students with no serious mathematical background outside of calculus.

it is not too advanced a topic.

granted, a more mathematically comprehensive treatment would require vector bundles and the such like, but it doesn't need to be that serious.

I can't imagine not using principle bundles at this point so I actually forgot they teach the classical abelian version in E&M which is such a far cry from what it can be.

hell most physicists couldn't define a bundle if pressed and they are still 'conversant' in gauge theory... a lot of this stuff can be done without too much mathematical sophistication.

>gauge

pls trigger warning next time

Can someone please explain the point of having local gauge symmetries in a Lagrangian? Like I get that the fields you introduce to "mop up" the differences at each point are physics (e.g. photon in QED) but literally why enforce local gauge symmetry at all? It seems like a weird requirement

Yeah I suppose, but I'm studying to do my Ph.D on something related to the 6d (0,2) superconformal theory, which is virtually a topic in string theory based on the tools involved.

>string theory
dead

I mean I read Not Even Wrong and the history in it wanted me to go into ST en more, while the criticisms that seemed weak at the time only seemed weaker and more uninformed as time went on.

As a requirement, it arises when one wants to describe the field of a massless spin 1 (or 2 but let's ignore that now) particles so that they only have two polarizations as opposed to the three you would expect from a massive spin 1 particle.

>not having already taken vector calc before your first year
Unmotivated engineer detected.

Are those mathematical consepts or quantum mechanical? Becouse I don't know anymore.

>Are those mathematical consepts or quantum mechanical

that's like saying is the sky blue or azure

>professors fail 90~95% of the class just because they can
Maybe that's why those countries aren't developed. Academic rigor, challenging subjects, and gaining a real understanding of disciplines is great, but it sounds like your professors are on a power trip because they lacked any power when they were young, so they take out their frustrations on students.
By the way, the vast majority of the world's population, including people in developed countries, have never even heard most of those terms let alone understand them.

>vector calculus

only thing I loved in Math

>He didn't take vector calculus in elementary school
You never stood a chance

Actually I really love all topics with vectors but practically nothing else in math. I haven't gotten to vector calculus yet though, I'm kind of excited

Literally the most aesthetic notation in mathematics.