Girls are bad at math because female teachers are bad at math

>Early elementary school teachers in the United States are almost exclusively female (>90%), and we provide evidence that these female teachers’ anxieties relate to girls’ math achievement via girls’ beliefs about who is good at math. First- and second-grade female teachers completed measures of math anxiety. The math achievement of the students in these teachers’ classrooms was also assessed. There was no relation between a teacher’s math anxiety and her students’ math achievement at the beginning of the school year. By the school year’s end, however, the more anxious teachers were about math, the more likely girls (but not boys) were to endorse the commonly held stereotype that “boys are good at math, and girls are good at reading” and the lower these girls’ math achievement. Indeed, by the end of the school year, girls who endorsed this stereotype had significantly worse math achievement than girls who did not and than boys overall.

What do you think of this study Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

curious.kcrw.com/2013/05/how-algebra-ruined-my-chances-of-getting-a-college-education
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Makes sense. I guess we need some government funding to put more men in charge as teachers and demote women into cleaning ladies for a while. For equality.

makes sense to me, shit teachers don't inspire learning.

lol girls aren't good at reading either though

Easiest way to debunk this would be to compare to male/female math performance in countries where teachers aren't mainly female. I'm too lazy though.

Elementary school teachers are dumb as bricks anyway. If you're not teaching your own kids, they will learn nothing.

It's simple; we just move all the women into STEM fields and move men from STEM to elementary teachers

>girls and not bad a math it's just these girls who are bad at math
They just reinforced the stereotype.

No because they can blame the generation that is now teachers being dumb because of the past generation of female teachers.

Repeat this process inductive until after some step, you reach the time when women were not teachers and then you can blame those disgusting filthy patriarchal men for turning the first generation of female teachers into math retards.

"We're smart, we're just bad at math!"

Not possible?

>anxiety about math

sounds like being bad at math

it's another school subject, they put a sheet of paper and problems in front of you and you figure it out

for fucks sake

Apologize

curious.kcrw.com/2013/05/how-algebra-ruined-my-chances-of-getting-a-college-education

bretty gud bost dbh

Fuck dude. How do people like that exist.

total horseshit

you can't measure "anxiety" like that and then claim that it implies anything.

Theres no doubt in my mind this guy could learn algebra, its crazy how much negative thinking and anxiety can fuck you up when it spirals out of control like this

doesn't he know that colleges nowadays offer pre-pre-algebra?

but then girls become bad at math because they only see men doing math and feel inadequate

women are permanent victims

>the axiom of retardation

look I posted it again

I had a high school math teacher tell me that 1/3=0.3333.. while 3/3=1 . Her conclusion? Math was broken.